Author Topic: Talisman  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
Talisman
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
It's over 30 years old...but I have just discovered Talisman, 2nd edition.  It was a game at the holiday let that we stayed in a couple of weeks ago.  Total die based luck but it is enjoyable and my daughter is totally hooked.  Who knew I had a D&D daughter?

Her favourite character is Prophetess.
I've played half a dozen characters (Assassin, Thief, Minstrel, Witch Doctor, Ghoul & Wizard) and don't have a favourite yet.  I'll try the mighty Troll next.

We have bought the base game, the Adventure expansion and the White Dwarf #115 expansion - all 2nd edition.

Anyone else play Talisman...or have any 2nd edition expansions (In English) for sale?

I'll consider swapping classic Carcassonne expansions (just ask - it may be available!) or cash.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3524.0
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Talisman
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »
Never heard of this, might have to take a closer look (although the play time of 4hrs is currently putting me off). Looks like the app is on sale for the next 2 days at £0.99 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomadgames.talisman

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »
Hopefully those guys at TalismanCentral will be able to give you some good advice  :(y)

I only played the base game, many years ago, but apparently there are quite a few expansions that can all be integrated without concern.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 03:09:15 PM »
I'll be meeting up with the original designer, Robert (J) Harris, in a couple of weeks time (family friend). GW bought him out (of Talisman) many years ago, but he's since gone on to write mainly children's novels - he's the other Robert Harris (not the one who wrote Fatherland). See a brief bio or his website.

I, too, acquired the Second Edition a few years ago (having known about it since it was a pre-production playtest), and picked up a couple of the minor expansions at the time, but as a it's generally only two of us playing at home it doesn't come out very often (now that we've found Carc!). In our first game, one of us, I can't remember who, died early on while still on the outer ring! In the second game I decided just to head for the centre after dotting back and forth on the outer ring for a bit, more to see what happened, than with any real hope of surviving ... I seem to recall my character died in doing so ...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:13:16 PM by wolnic »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter