Author Topic: Princess & Dragon League: Dragons  (Read 39662 times)

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
Re: Princess & Dragon League: Dragons
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2016, 08:03:09 AM »
Come on guys, let's get this finished. I wanna know where I'll be ending this first groupstage  >:D
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2016, 08:17:10 AM »
I'm playing ny1050220 on Sunday evening.

Hoping to play quevy tomorrow evening.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2016, 11:25:14 PM »
I played my game with Yi/ ny1050220 last night:

It was a tough game for both of us I think. Yi got off to a good start with a couple of small cities but since the dragon came so late to the party I was able to finish a cloister and a small city of my own which meant we were pretty much even after about 20 tiles.

I was the first to claim the farm but Yi matched me so I placed another farmer and he matched me with this too. Since he also had 2 knights in the same city at this point, his scoring opportunities had been somewhat limited and he spent most of the middle part of the game with just 1 (or often 0) meeples left in his supply whereas I hadn't invested so heavily anywhere and usually had 1 or 2 to play with. This was the only reason I was able to build any lead at all!

I did manage to tie the big city at one point but one of my knights was lured away meaning Yi won it outright and only needed a frcr tile to complete it. I didn't know if there were any left, and spent the rest of the game dreading the right tile turning up for him, but fortunately there were none left so the city remained incomplete. On the other hand, I claimed an early city and spent the whole game waiting for a cfrr to close it. I drew plenty of crrf tiles, which didn't help, but Yi drew all 4 of the cfrr tiles so my city remained incomplete. My other city in the south-west corner was claimed by Yi first, but then I joined him in it and finally removed him from it with a princess tile but didn't quite manage to complete it.

The dragon didn't have too big an impact on the game but at one point gave Yi the choice to remove a farmer or one of his knights from his big city. The farm was tied but he was winning the city so I was surprised that he chose the farmer as this ended up being the more valuable feature, but I figured he was probably aware of something that I wasn't and we fought on. If he'd removed the knight instead I think the battle for the farm could have been very interesting!

In some ways it was a bit of a frustrating game in that neither of us ever seemed to complete very much, many features were tied and neither of us had sufficient meeples in our supply to go for any risky points. Still, this is the way it goes sometimes and I can't fault the majority of Yi's decisions regardless of his limited experience with P & D! :)

Thanks for the game! :(y)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:05:16 PM by danisthirty »

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2016, 09:00:45 AM »
At that time, the field had 5 cities, so 15 points. The latter 4 were added later, 3 of which result from the fffr tile with a cloister near the upper left corner. I didn't count the tiles and I was hoping to finish the city and free two meeples. All in all, it was ignorance that lead to the choice of removing a farmer.

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2016, 11:35:14 AM »
good work Dan , sorry for ny.

Dan , has given a turn 360ยบ since the elo by Jere public .
Congratulations , the group is  very interesting for the 2-3-4 positions.
i like that.
Quevy vs jma03 and Quevy vs Dan

will make two interesting matchups :(y) :(y)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:48:33 AM by jma03 »
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
Yes, I'm happy to have gone from 0 pts and -62 PD after 2 games to 10 pts and +148 PD after 7 games! :)

The last two games will make all the difference for me (even though I'm not playing in one of them)

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »

a very close game,we use very little monasteries.

It was a very even game, sharing a castle of 34ptos.

the dragon had little action , a move which could only eat farmer quevy .

the game was decided when quevy wanted to join one of my castle,but four tiles later , draw a princess to take Castle 20ptos.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2016, 02:27:02 AM »
With one game left to go (danisthirty vs. quevy) this is how things are looking in our group:

#1   Merlin_89     16pts   +348   
#2   jma03         12pts   +177   
#3   danisthirty   10pts   +148   
#4   quevy         8pts   +28   
#5   aenima        8pts   -26   
#6   Rosco         6pts   -12   
#7   Valheru       4pts   -172   
#8   Hounk         4pts   -310   
#9   ny1050220     2pts   -181   

Positions 2 to 5 are still undetermined and will depend on the outcome of my all-important game with quevy:
  • jma03 will finish in 2nd or 3rd
  • I will finish in 2nd, 3rd or 4th
  • quevy will finish in 3rd, 4th or 5th
  • aenima will finish in 4th or 5th
Positions 1 and 6 - 9 are now fixed.

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2016, 02:37:39 AM »

#2   jma03         12pts   +177   
#3   danisthirty   10pts   +148   
#4   quevy         8pts   +28   
#5   aenima        8pts   -26   
Positions 1 and 6 - 9 are now fixed.

Perfect, that means I can arrange my game with ny1050220. Or are there any changes coming upon us with further expansions for the games?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2016, 03:22:11 AM »
Perfect, that means I can arrange my game with ny1050220. Or are there any changes coming upon us with further expansions for the games?

As much as I admire your enthusiasm, I think it best that we wait for the first stage of the competition to finish before we start playing the second. ;)

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2016, 03:30:30 AM »
Hmmm, okay. ;-)

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »
I have nothing to say about this except that luck has been at the service of one of the participants, and that was not me. I think the Dragon loves green....

Seriously, I have suffered a lot this game, I spent much time chasing Dan who stretched the advantage from time to time, but all my strategy was blocked by the good game and the Dragon cards, (maybe I will have taken 2 moments useless), the struggle for the great city was long, maybe get the tile that closed the city and insweriva the follower was the only way for me to win, but auks in this case the lucky guy was not me ...
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
I think that if Danisthirty had not eaten all my followers with HIS dragon believe that the final score would have been roughly this :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:04:18 PM by quevy »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:06 PM »
danisthirty :blue-meeple: - 223 : 123 - :green-meeple: quevy

I can't decide if it was more through sheer brilliance or general coolness that I won this game, but I do know that there was a whole lot of awesomeness involved. :D

This game really felt a lot like a camping holiday for me as it was "in tents" (intense) :)). In the early stages of the game quevy claimed a small city and I glommed into it, then removed him from it with a princess tile soon afterwards. This is where I would have laughed evilly to myself if I was a bad guy in a film. >:D But instead I continued to expand the city up until the point where I needed a single cfxx city cap to complete it. The tile never came though and before long quevy had expanded my city with a cccf to bide some more time before I closed it and give him some more opportunities to glom into it. Soon afterwards he drew a cccf princess tile and removed me from the city with it. I took it back. He removed me with another princess. I took it back. Finally he removed me with yet another princess tile which left the city standing empty with just one open side. All the magic portals were gone, meaning that the only way back into the city was with a cfxx tile. 5 or 6 tiles later I jumped out of my seat when I drew a cfff which I used to claim the city for 68 points. Boom. 8) :(y)

Obviously this was down to luck alone and I can't pretend that it was thanks to any amount of skill or forward planning that I won the city. After being removed from it three times though, I do feel that I deserved the city even though quevy was the first to claim it. :@

The battle elsewhere was far less exciting although we fought quite closely for the farm. The dragon helped me out in this respect as I removed many of quevy's farmers with it owing to the fact that I drew at least three quarters of the dragon tiles. He kept getting them back onto it though, and in the end it felt right (to me) that it was tied even though quevy only managed to match me on it with his last tile of the game!

#2   danisthirty   12pts   +248   
#3   jma03         12pts   +177   
#4   aenima        8pts   -26   
#5   quevy         8pts   -72   

Anyway, I was very happy with the result obviously and am glad and surprised to have finished in second place (I think) after losing my first two games. So, the dragon group is now complete; good luck to everyone in the next stage of the competition. Do us proud! :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:06:10 PM by danisthirty »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2016, 12:40:26 AM »
Here comes the final x-score list - CarcC-A-Dragons 26 02 2016:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Must or may - The Princess (The Princess and The Dragon)

Started by Windekind

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Dragons' Meal plan - What can the Dragon eat?

Started by kettlefish

36 Replies
Last post December 02, 2020, 07:00:40 AM
by Kaleostro
exclamation
Expansion League #4: The Princess & The Dragon - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by danisthirty

159 Replies
Last post May 13, 2016, 12:18:39 PM
by Halfling
clip
Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9

Started by kettlefish

127 Replies
Last post May 09, 2016, 05:27:43 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Fairies