Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVIII  (Read 23979 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVIII
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 07:08:35 AM »
Q11:
We first heard about a new expansion - the Fruit Bearing Trees - back in March and spent a while discussing the various pros and cons of its release amongst other things (such as Cundco's spare parts service and Decar's Uncle's 80 pots of Quince Jam). One eagle-eyed forum member however spotted two of Monty Python's Knights who say "Ni" hiding in a bush on one of the tiles. Who was this?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 07:34:42 AM »
Q12:
With 2574 replies and over 490 thousand views, our "I love the postman" thread is still going strong after more than four years! Back in August, one forum member in particular was especially pleased to see his postman after he won a prize draw at a boardgame event and had four games including 13 Clues, Flagdash, Jorvik and Legendary Inventors delivered to him. Who was this?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

:red-meeple: :white-meeple: :red-meeple: :white-meeple:  Halfway There!  :white-meeple: :red-meeple: :white-meeple: :red-meeple:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:43:15 AM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 03:53:55 AM »
Q13:
Which forum member expressed their excitement at the prospect of attending the Carcassonne "Scottish Championships" in September, but then fell at the first hurdle when they realised they would be in Spain at the time of the competition?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 02:05:06 AM »
Q14:
It already feels like a long time ago, but of all the forum members who had a birthday in February only one of them can say that Decar used his 4600th post to wish him a happy birthday. Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 06:12:48 AM »
Q15:
In September I proposed the idea of a collaborative game of Carcassonne where we as a community played a game from the position of one single player against three AI opponents. Thus providing opportunities to share our thoughts, strategies and insights between us as part of the ensuing discussion that evolved as the game progressed. Whilst the idea didn't take off as well as I'd hoped it might, the game is still in play on my iPad so we might come back to it in the new year and pick up where we left off. Anyway, it's not something I would normally have considered, but who was the first to suggest getting an early farmer down once the game was underway?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »
Q16:
The UK Carcassonne championships were held in June this year. Despite ranking 17th after the first three rounds of competition, I qualified for the knockout stage as the lowest-seeded player before progressing as far as the semi-final where I was knocked out by another member of Carcassonne Central: JackFace! However, I wasn't the only CarcC member who Jack sent home without a trophy. Who was the other?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 03:59:16 AM »
Q17:
Although it's been a quiet year for online tournaments, TheAwesomeTheSteveAllen has worked hard establishing our all-new Carcassonne Central Divisional League system which is already proving popular among those players who have been able to schedule any matches ::). In the premiership meanwhile, at least one player was keen to get some practice games in after making a startling revelation that he's only ever played three games of Carcassonne; all three resulting in victories over yours truly! Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »
Q18:
With 18 questions asked (including the one that's currently in the process of being asked) and 6 left to go, we're three quarters of the way through this years advent quiz and Christmas will be with us very soon! :o I've been excitedly checking my postbox every morning for the last week or so to see if there's any sign of my Secret Santa present yet, but sadly I'm still waiting. :'( Who was the first person to receive their Secret Santa present this year? O:-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 03:50:11 AM »
Q19:
I haven't mentioned it so far, but it would be remiss of me not to mention one of this year's major highlights for Carcassonne fans around the world... the International Fan Meeting held in Saxony in July! For those of us who couldn't make it, Decar wrote an excellent photo-filled account of the week which covered all games played as well as all the extra activities/ excursions. Among MANY other games, Decar mentions that he enjoyed a game of Go against someone who "absolutely mashed" him. Who was this?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 04:47:06 AM »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
Just a quick message to let you all know that I'm locking this thread until I start posting the results after Christmas since SOME PEOPLE (everyone point and tut at dirk2112) are getting excited and posting where they shouldn't! ::)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »
Q20:
The year isn't over yet, but 2018 has been one of our lowest in terms of new membership. :( This said, our average hasn't dipped below 2 new members per day yet and we've certainly got quality over quantity anyway! :(y) One of our "new for 2018" members introduced himself in August. He discovered Carcassonne for the first time eight months previously and hadn't obsessed this much about a game for 30 years! Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 01:44:26 PM »
Q21:
One of the nice things about being a global community is, by definition, that we have members all around the world. And there's no better way to be reminded of this than when people post about their meetups with fellow members of CarcC. With this in mind, who sought out the Chilean national champion (and world number #16) in September during a year-long tour of South America with his girlfriend, for a game or two of Carcassonne?

PS - Sorry for the lateness of this one! I thought I'd posted it earlier but didn't realise it hadn't gone until I came back to check my messages and found no responses!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 02:26:28 PM »
Q22:
Back in February, The Steve suggested that it might be a good idea for some of us to assist farin (author of JCloisterZone) by forming a squad of elite testers to playtest the interactions between the numerous expansions and to ensure that they behave as intended: "The Defenders of the Cloisterzone". Who came up with this name?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 08:18:50 AM »
Q23:
It's been a little while now since our Complete Annotated Rules document was last updated, and as such it's beginning to show it's age in terms of the growing list of expansions it doesn't mention. However, a small but dedicated team of Carcassonne rules gurus led by the almost competent Maj. Frost ;) was established in September and their progress on the brand new WikiCarpedia has been incredible (so be sure to check it out if you haven't already)! They're always glad of any assistance from anyone who wishes to help, but which WikiCarpedia volunteer admitted that the existing CAR had been their bedtime reading over the summer?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:01:53 AM by danisthirty »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz

Started by danisthirty

93 Replies
Last post February 06, 2016, 11:15:42 AM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII

Started by danisthirty

104 Replies
Last post February 17, 2018, 07:56:46 AM