Author Topic: First game of T&B  (Read 10867 times)

Offline Tilehunt

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
First game of T&B
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
Hello, this is Tilehunt, and I'm posting my very first session report. First of all, I do not own many expansions, mainly because it's only been a month since my very first game of Carcassonne. The only expansions I own is all of Big Box 3 and the river 1. However, my friends do not like playing complicated things, so we decided to play with only the Traders & Builders expansion. So I'm quite sure this game wouldn't look fun or interesting to you guys.

START OF GAME
There were three players. I was obviously the blue meeple :blue-meeple:, and the two others were:red-meeple:and:green-meeple:. The order of play was :blue-meeple::green-meeple::red-meeple:. I started off by placing a thief on the road.

HIGHLIGHTS
Yeah, well it was a very quick game with only one expansion. But here are some highlights.
-Green and Red both tried to join with my farm, but in failed attempts.
-There were fights over trading goods. Green succeeded to became the majority in two goods. I got five barrels earlier in the game, so no one wanted to finish my city with one cloth and two barrels.

END OF GAME
Before end of game scoring, Green was in the lead with 62 points, and I was failing with  only 44 points. However, thanks to my unfinished three cloisters and my major farm, I was able to win with exactly 100 points. Green was close behind with 95 points, and Red had 78 points

REVIEW
This was my very first game of T&B. I liked the trading goods especially because they motivated everyone to finish each other's cities. My friends enjoyed the game too, and I would be waiting until our next meeting when we would play with Bridges, Castles and Bazaars.

P.s. I tried to attatch a photo, but I failed due to the file size limit. I'm sorry guys.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=401.0
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:36:45 AM by Tilehunt »
Hello, I'm the Blue Meeple!

Offline harvster

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Human
    • View Profile
Re: First game of T&B
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »
Hi Tilehunt!

Good review summary - short and to the point!  :-)

Any game's a good game when everyone wants to play it again!!

Plus you've done well getting your hands on a copy of BB3; great way to get your hands on the large expansions, especially as it can be very hard to get a copy nowadays.  I'm also a fan of the river expansion as it allows for many starting points into the game rather than building from just one tile.

harvster.

Offline evmillan

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
I recommend you play with I&C before trying B,C&B.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
I recommend you play with I&C before trying B,C&B.

:(y)
Flee the fleas.

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 11
  • The Vikings will invade the South Seas
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:38:53 PM »
Hello, this is Tilehunt, and I'm posting my very first session report. First of all, I do not own many expansions, mainly because it's only been a month since my very first game of Carcassonne. The only expansions I own is all of Big Box 3 and the river 1. However, my friends do not like playing complicated things, so we decided to play with only the Traders & Builders expansion. So I'm quite sure this game wouldn't look fun or interesting to you guys.

START OF GAME
There were three players. I was obviously the blue meeple :blue-meeple:, and the two others were:red-meeple:and:green-meeple:. The order of play was :blue-meeple::green-meeple::red-meeple:. I started off by placing a thief on the road.

HIGHLIGHTS
Yeah, well it was a very quick game with only one expansion. But here are some highlights.
-There were fights over trading goods. Green succeeded to became the majority in two goods. I got five barrels earlier in the game, so no one wanted to finish my city with one cloth and two barrels.

END OF GAME
Before end of game scoring, Green was in the lead with 62 points, and I was failing with  only 44 points. However, thanks to my unfinished three cloisters and my major farm, I was able to win with exactly 100 points. Green was close behind with 95 points, and Red had 78 points

REVIEW
This was my very first game of T&B. I liked the trading goods especially because they motivated everyone to finish each other's cities. My friends enjoyed the game too, and I would be waiting until our next meeting when we would play with Bridges, Castles and Bazaars.

P.s. I tried to attatch a photo, but I failed due to the file size limit. I'm sorry guys.

Tilehunt: just upload your photo in Paint and downsize it there, then you can upload it to the Forum.
My website:
http://www.wikstromtree.org/
although the games page is yet to be started

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 03:16:53 AM »
yep easy as wicke said.

My preferred option is to upload it to http://tinypic.com/ or http://photobucket.com/
then post the image tag in here

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:28 AM »
In the past, I have uploaded the photo to facebook and copied the URL here.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
Nice review Tilehunt. And you can't lump me in that category of not finding a simple game interesting. For me simple Carc games seem to ratchet everything up a notch. Every feature is that much more important. If anyone plays in a head to head tournament they'll see that right off.

Also, try Whaley's Campaign mode where every game is fairly small and "simple"...makes for some awesome fierce game play!

By the way, Trade Goods is my wife's favorite - she cleaned up with it at GenCon this year. She has a knack for knowing just how much of a city she can afford to give an opponent for the sake of the trade goods. It won her a couple games over the course of the weekend.  8)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:15:41 PM by Carcking »
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »

Try this:

[*img width=160]paste in link, then add /?dl=1[/img]

(* leave this asterisk out. I had to include it to prevent the line of text from thinking I was actually trying to insert a link.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:50:28 PM by Carcking »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
I really enjoy Traders and Builders too as I think it adds just enough without getting too complicated. You didn't mention how you got on with the Builder or the Pig? Most of my games that include T & B seem to involve everyone getting their builder into play as quickly as possible and then everyone else trying to trap them there! Did you use your Pig to generate the extra points for your major farm?

Offline Tilehunt

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:24 AM »

START OF GAME

HIGHLIGHTS

END OF GAME

REVIEW

Tilehunt: just upload your photo in Paint and downsize it there, then you can upload it to the Forum.
Thanks for the good advice, wicke

Offline Tilehunt

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 08:45:35 AM »
I really enjoy Traders and Builders too as I think it adds just enough without getting too complicated. You didn't mention how you got on with the Builder or the Pig? Most of my games that include T & B seem to involve everyone getting their builder into play as quickly as possible and then everyone else trying to trap them there! Did you use your Pig to generate the extra points for your major farm?
The builder helped us build cities much faster. Since this was our first game with t&b, none of us were skilled enough to 'trap' builders, but we did in later games. And yes indeed my major farm involved the pig.

P.s. I finally managed to downsize the file. I usually visit the site on mobile, so I attached the image to my note app and captuerd and cropped it. I kept repeating until the image was downsized.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:48:20 AM by Tilehunt »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne first edition?? Is it first edition?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
by Halfling
xx
The Voyages of Marco Polo - First plays, first impressions (image heavy)

Started by franks

5 Replies
Last post November 16, 2017, 06:07:57 AM
by franks
xx
WTB: First Edition, First Print with 70-point scoreboard

Started by Perimones

45 Replies
Last post April 27, 2016, 01:52:37 AM
by Decar
xx
first game with half & half