Author Topic: Carcassonne Advent Calendar 2016  (Read 14481 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Carcassonne Advent Calendar 2016
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 06:36:52 AM »
I share both your frustrations, in order to continue we would need a decision from the CarcC owners and administrative collective.
A process is required to protect Carcassonne Central and it's members, I've proposed one, it's been ignored.
I'm also very upset about the one-sided criticism this venture has received; we could have all saved a lot of time; however I understand the concerns.

It must be grueling for you both as you are far some of the most talented producers Carcassonne Central has.

For the time being, I would recommend hosting your expansions externally (eg: not on the file management system) and sharing your expansions on the forum as you have been in the past.
It would be up to the CarcC moderators to determine if it was suitable or not; that's not something I'll be doing...so I certainly won't be stopping you.  I'll leave that to the other moderators to decide.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »
For the time being, I would recommend hosting your expansions externally (eg: not on the file management system) and sharing your expansions on the forum as you have been in the past.
In that case do you think it is acceptable if we keep the references to the Advent Calendar (both in the title of the topics we open and in the rules documents)? Or should we rather present the expansions as independent from any "project"?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:53:16 AM by Leven »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »
I think I'd prefer it wasnt associated with this project, that way I don't have to confirm or deny I ever saw it!  :))

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 07:30:24 PM »
Hi Decar. Thanks for getting back to us. I understand how frustrating it must be for you too.

I have followed your advice and revised/reposted The Labyrinths this morning. I'll get to The Schoolhouses soon.

In the wider scope of things, it seems a shame that the fan expansions section of CarcC's Downloads page is effectively dead/inactive going forward. I suspect many casual members of CarcC rely on that so that they don't have to crawl through the Expansions Workshop forum looking for complete (vs. in-progress) expansions. I hope, along with you I'm sure, that the CarcC staff will pay this issue the attention it deserves.

Cheers, Decar!
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »
Stalcupojoy, Leven, wolnic, Dragonlord and others:   I've posted my proposal policy here:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3201.0

Your thoughts in this area would be greatly apprectiated as it effects you the most.  Without such a policy outlining responsibilities I dont see how CarcC can continue to support fan expansions.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CarcF advent calendar

Started by Murphy013

11 Replies
Last post December 24, 2018, 12:27:07 AM
by Murphy013
clip
Brettspiel Advent Calendar 2018

Started by Decar

7 Replies
Last post October 30, 2018, 03:34:43 AM