Author Topic: rules with more expansions  (Read 7659 times)

Offline nl42247

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
rules with more expansions
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:04:32 PM »
we were playing with almost all expansions

question 1 wheel of fortune

Does a special meeple count as a knight thief farmer or monk?
what we did> the big meeple from i&c counts for 2 meeples
                    >wagon and follower as 1 meeple
                    >shed and pig is no farmer
                    >builder is no meeple
So far everyone was happy but the mayor was the real problem we had 3 opinions
>mayor counts as 1
>mayor counts as 0
>mayor counts for every weapon in the city
With last option you get absurt high points so that cant be right but my city building friend doesnt believe me untill i have an official reply

question 2 castle and bridges

when you finish a road with a bridge in it, does the bridge count as a tile (the one it overlapse) and when a bridge goes over a tile whats already part of the road does this tile count as 1 point or an additinol point for the bridge?

question 3 castle and bridges

when you own a cit and you build a castle next to it with the same tile as you finish your big city, do you score just the city and keep the castle or do you score the city and score the castle so double points?

question 4 the tunnels

When placing a tunnel chip do you have to put both chips in the same turn? Or may you only 1 or can you choose wether you play 1, 2 or none at all? can you play a tunnelchip on a road somebody else owns?

question 5 the ferries

when you put down a ferry tile do you have the choise to put down a ferry or no ferry when you dont put down a meeple?
And when is a road finished as soon as you put down the ferry tile with the lake or when you put the ferry on it so it stays incomplete  or finishes?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=631.0

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: rules with more expansions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
q1: A follower, he may be a knight, thief, monk or farmer, he may be a small follower or big follower, a mayor, a wagon or a phantom, is only one follower, though they may have different strength. (The barn, the builder and the pig are no followers, though they could be meeples.)

q2: good question, did you look in the CAR? It's not mentioned there I think ... I presume there will be only one point: If you have a road with a depicted bridge over another road and they are segments of one road the tile willl only score 1 point, too.

q3: The castle scores, when another building in its vicinity is scored later / in a subsequent turn. When the city is completed with the same tile, the castle does not score.

q4: You may place only one tunnel-chip in a turn on any unclaimed tunnel ending (this can also be the road of someone else!).

q5: You have to put a ferry on the lake. Roads ending at the lake without ferry are completed after placing the ferry. Roads with ferry are continuing. If you extend a road with ferry, you may move the ferry opening a completed road again.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
Hello nl42247! Welcome to the Carcassonne Central forum. You have some good questions there. You're very adventurous taking on a mega-carc game like that. I like it.

I agree fully with Fritz_Spinne's answers. Well said.  :red-meeple:

Regarding your second question - the Bridge counts exactly as a road segment on a tile so it will be worth 1 point. And any tile only counts once for any feature regardless of the number of segments of the feature it holds.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline nl42247

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 01:02:22 AM »
thanks for the quick answer, it confirmed what i thought but its better to be certain.
I see that i mixed up some terms in the question (follower/ meeple and phantom / follower) sorry for that,
English isnt my first language. sometimes it gets confusing with translating.
you will be hearing from me more often.
thanks

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
what expansions are worth to have more then 1 off ?

Started by avantar

9 Replies
Last post August 11, 2016, 10:10:55 PM
by Paul
xx
Looking for more standard tile expansions

Started by PapaGeek

9 Replies
Last post April 17, 2023, 05:03:30 AM
by Decar
clip
Fan made expansions - I would like to hear more about them