Author Topic: Halflings interaction with other expansions.  (Read 13041 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Halflings interaction with other expansions.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »
Hi SRBO,
why did you put all your nice pictures away?
I need some pictures - for explaining the rules...
And there are still some parts - which need some more talk between me and HiG...

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 03:14:01 PM »
Hi SRBO,
why did you put all your nice pictures away?
I need some pictures - for explaining the rules...
And there are still some parts - which need some more talk between me and HiG...

Ive put them back

Offline Darwin

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
We have played our first game with the Haflings this evening (both I and II). Thanks to SRBO and Khonnor we also played with the Dutch & Belgium Monasteries and Darmstadt for the first time. :(y)

Before we started, we agreed that we wouldn’t use the official rules for the Haflings - they just don't seems right. >:(

We agreed that:
- A tile is a tile  - half or whole.
- A gap is a gap, whatever tile is missing - half or whole.
- You get points for every tile in a structure - half or whole.
- You have one of each tile on your hand all the time. When you place one tile you draw a new one (whole if you placed a whole tile - half if you placed a half tile).
- When all of one type of tile is spent, you only get to have one tile on your hand.
- The game ends when all the tiles are used.

This worked just perfect and are now our official house rules. ;D

We liked that the Haflings, with our house rules, gets you more opportunities to gather more points from cloisters and cities, but also more opportunities to stop your opponent.

Our conclusion is that SRBO’s first take on the rules (in his first post in this tread) makes the game more interesting and the official rules don't seem right. >:D

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »
I tend to think differently about your 3rd point. It tends to go against your first two points.You get a point per whole tile or part thereof.  I.e. a city scores the same irrespective of if there are one or two tiles in the gap. It may not be completed though without both half tiles in SRBO's examples. I like the first two points though and think it defines things well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:17:09 AM by MrNumbers »

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 05:48:02 AM »
so...
I can suppose that we can use this general rule:
for any interaction with all the game components 1 half tile or 2 half tiles that makes 1 normal tiles are considered always 1 normal tile.
so... for counting points 2 half tiles that makes 1 normal tile count always like 1 normal tile (2 halfs counts 1 tile for cloister; 2 half roads tiles toghether are 1 road tile; 2 half city tiles in a big city are 1 normal city tile)
so... there are no holes near only 1 half tile (es: for the German Monastery or the dragon movement regardless of the direction he comes from)
so... if there is something that has effect on a tile, this effect 2 hlaf tiles that makes 1 normal tile (es: the fairy effect); if a player can chose an element on a tile for do something (like the flayer, the portal or I don't know...) he can chose elements from both 2 half tiles that makes 1 normal tile
If all this is correct is not difficoult to apply this to all the other expansion... only the abbey from abbey and mayor are a real problem...
what do you think about that?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
German Monasteries and Halflings interaction

Started by MrNumbers

5 Replies
Last post October 30, 2014, 03:18:50 AM
by Whaleyland
xx
Halflings I or Halflings II

Started by stalcupojoy

6 Replies
Last post January 11, 2016, 01:49:58 PM