Author Topic: Cundco old art request?  (Read 17916 times)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Cundco old art request?
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:45:16 AM »
In the Cundco "open letter" thread a bunch of us were discussing asking Cundco for one more old art expansion full of rarities.  I have been thinking more about this and I imagine the only way to get Cundco to even consider it is if we limited ourselves to:
  • Cundco made expansions (no spielbox or Hobby world)
  • Expansions that are tiles only
  • 12 tiles only as that seems to be the max size on a sheet.

So what are the Cundco rarities?  I would say Corn Circles 1, besiegers, and the River 2 and 3.  Corn Circles 1 is 6 tiles. The river 3 is 12 tiles, but only 4 are different than the standard river (2 sheep and 2 vineyards).  That leaves 2 tiles that could be the split river rock tile and either the tile that ends in a volcano or the one that ends in a city for the folks without the River 2.

Would anyone be interested in a mini expansion of those 12 tiles?  Call it corn circles and river extender expansion.  Can anyone think of a better way to maximize the 12 tiles?  Besiegers and Corn Circles 1 could work for example.

Money
So in order to pursued Cundco to print this for us, we need to make it worth their while.  I don't know how many they need to sell at 5€, but I imagine it would be 100 or more.  So anyone interested may have to buy a few.  I am willing to buy a bunch, keep 2 or 3, and sell the rest on Ebay at cost to me (new envelopes, shipping fees, etc).  Anyone else?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3067.0
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:48:11 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
Re: Cundco old art request?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »
I'm definitely in for a reprint of Besiegers and Crop Circles 1.  And I guess some more folks around here are too...  You have my support in this, that's for sure!  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:42:48 AM »
I am in too.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »
I am in too.

Corn circles with my river idea or besiegers?

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:24:35 AM »
Either. It is the corn circles I that I am after.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »
I have Crop Circles 2 and the River 2 & 3 so it's mainly Besiegers i'm after...

Offline Danci

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »
Sounds good to me too, but how much is that in dollars? I would like the river that ends with a volcano. Could someone please explain the difference between the river 1,2, and 3? Which river version is in the V2? Unfortunately I'm stuck between the two worlds of Carcassonne old and new! I'm not buying any more new until 2017 big box so therefore need to buy some old stuff which I think I like better! I have my eye on an original big box that includes P&D but it has no river. I'll have to buy that separately but am confused with which one to get... well I know I want it to end with a volcano but I don't know what river version that is. That being said I can help out with your request above... I'm sure if you guys like it I would too!  :yellow-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:51:51 PM »
I would like the river that ends with a volcano. Could someone please explain the difference between the river 1,2, and 3?

OK. River 1 was the first set of river tiles which is sometimes now sold with the basic game, regardless of which art version you have. River 2 is the one that includes the volcano on one of the lakes. This was released by itself as a standalone expansion, but it is also available in the King & Consort expansion along with a few other minis that kind of work well together. River 3 is actually just an alternative version of River 1 that was introduced in Big Box 5 (the most recent one - all old artwork) but there are a couple of differences because they added a few bits to some of the tiles to help them play with the Hills & Sheep expansion which was also included in BB5.

So far, only River 1 is available in the new art although it sounds like River 2 will be with us (in the new art) soon with the release of the King & Consort expansion. I don't know if/ when River 3 will be available in the new artwork, but I guess they'd probably want to release Hills & Sheep first, or at the same time, as the additional features of River 3 wouldn't make sense without it.

And yes, all three rivers can be used together in the same game if you want. If you were prepared to mix artwork you could even string 5 "different" rivers together but that would be a very long river...

Hope this helps!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »
I have all of these so I am not particularly interested (unless they add a new watermark), but just weighing in. I think the best option would be to attempt a 24-tile pack for €5-8 that would include the full River III expansion (12 tiles, it is already watermarked and I don't see them breaking that up), Corn Circles I (6 tiles), and Beseigers (6 tiles). Present this idea to them together and they may relent. It would be similar to what Rio Grande did with the two Zooloretto expansion packs full of German promos.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 02:20:51 PM »
You'd need a lot more than 100 to justify a print run. Specially if the printer is being used to print new edition tiles for new sources of income.  250k editions of Carcassonne vs 100.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 03:00:46 PM »
I am not sure what you all are saying here. But you are aware of that HiG has the rights for the graphics?

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 03:27:30 PM »
I am not sure what you all are saying here. But you are aware of that HiG has the rights for the graphics?

I would hope so because I limited it to things printed by Cundco.  If they didn't print Big Box 5, then River 3 is out.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »

They are asking for a reprint by HiG.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »
You'd need a lot more than 100 to justify a print run. Specially if the printer is being used to print new edition tiles for new sources of income.  250k editions of Carcassonne vs 100.

I will need to find the minimum.  I figure if I can prepurchase a large enough percentage for people here, they may get on board. 

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 03:40:38 PM »
Assuming it is under €15, I'll get a copy, because I'm can't help but support such a proposal. But only if the tiles are in the old art.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
New Art vs Old Art...a Solution

Started by Reggie777

3 Replies
Last post February 17, 2015, 08:31:46 AM
by Hounk
clip
Favouritism Poll #8 : Large Expansion Box Art (Old Art)

Started by dirk2112

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2017, 07:16:40 AM
by Karcalijn
xx
New Art vs Original Art Dividers

Started by Clownfeet

15 Replies
Last post July 14, 2016, 02:47:23 AM
by lomdr
xx
differences in old art base box