Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77628 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Questions
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2020, 07:10:10 AM »
Well
According to Image 1: 4 cities and Image 2: 5 cities and "confirmed" German Castles scoring, I guest it has to be different points for watchtower on Images 3 and 4
Image 3: 6 points
Image 4: 4 points

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2020, 11:28:06 AM »
(240.) Haha, good examples ;-)
With rules of German Castles I quess every tile place will be scored as separated tile.

I agree.  ;)

Well
According to Image 1: 4 cities and Image 2: 5 cities and "confirmed" German Castles scoring, I guest it has to be different points for watchtower on Images 3 and 4
Image 3: 6 points
Image 4: 4 points

Maybe I got wrong: do you mean counting tile places (square spaces) or tiles placed (individual tiles)?

I mean individual tiles placed: Each tiles counts for one if the required feature is present.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
According to German Castles - Castle tile is counted as 2.
Abyway Carcassonne city on Image 1 is made only from 2 big tiles so there are only  2 city segments because of 2 tiles?

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2020, 01:59:30 AM »
Here the issue is whether watchtowers should follow...
* the way monasteries score, focused on adjacent occupied spaces; or
* the way cities and roads score, focused on adjacent individual tiles.

I'm applying the latter, since it is important to consider tiles and their features...

My question: if we had two Halflings in one square adjacent to a watchtower, should we consider the tiles individually or consider them aggregated by square space (the features are counted per square space)? This feature aggregation seems odd to me, the same as splitting double-sized tiles into spaces and count their features that way.

Online NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2020, 03:13:11 AM »
This farmhouse is not too far to be scored by tollhouse?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2020, 03:25:34 AM »
[241.] This farmhouse is not too far to be scored by tollhouse?

The farmhouse is on the road but cannot be closer probably due to the lack of space and aesthetic factors. The current design looks more balanced than cramming the farmhouse by the short road segment so close to the edge.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2020, 05:08:31 AM »
My question: if we had two Halflings in one square adjacent to a watchtower, should we consider the tiles individually or consider them aggregated by square space (the features are counted per square space)? This feature aggregation seems odd to me, the same as splitting double-sized tiles into spaces and count their features that way.
Well depends if C1 or C2.
C1: Every half tile +1
C2: Every full tile position +1
This is how we calculate score in game.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2020, 07:45:26 AM »
Well depends if C1 or C2.
C1: Every half tile +1
C2: Every full tile position +1
This is how we calculate score in game.

Check today's quiz question...

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4749.msg69870#msg69870

This is just a coincidence, I had the questions ready a week ago and this one was planned for today :o

Offline Drodo

• Duke
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2020, 12:54:12 PM »
Flying Machines: Do you decide which meeple/figure will fly before rolling the die? Or do you roll the die first and then decide which figure to place?

In my group we first place a meeple on the flying machine itself before it takes off, to simulate that it is preparing to fly.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:55:54 PM by Drodo »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2020, 01:45:22 PM »
[242.] Flying Machines: Do you decide which meeple/figure will fly before rolling the die? Or do you roll the die first and then decide which figure to place?

In my group we first place a meeple on the flying machine itself before it takes off, to simulate that it is preparing to fly.

That is correct. You first pick a meeple and then you fly it.

As per the rules, you follow the next steps:
1) You decide first the meeple: you place it on the flying machine, so there is no change of heart
2) You roll the die
3) You place the meeple on a valid feature on the destination tile, if any, or return the meeple to your supply

So, you cannot walk away if the destination feature is not the one you wanted. You can only return the meeple to your supply if there is no valid feature for your meeple on the destination tile, or there is no tile at all. You cannot return your meeple to your supply if the destination feature does not suit you.

You can revisit the rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Flier

Offline Nazarentsy

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 06, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »
Question about expansion "the plague":

"Should all 18 flea tokens be part of the same Plague region, one of them should be moved to a new tile on each player’s turn. The new tile must naturally be adjacent to the active Plague region."

I can divide a swarm of fleas by choosing to move one of them in my turn.

"As soon as an active flea token is no longer connected to an active Outbreak, it is turned onto its passive side."

Does next player move only a latent flea token or any flea token?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 06, 2020, 12:52:54 PM »
[243.] Question about expansion "the plague":

"Should all 18 flea tokens be part of the same Plague region, one of them should be moved to a new tile on each player’s turn. The new tile must naturally be adjacent to the active Plague region."

I can divide a swarm of fleas by choosing to move one of them in my turn.

"As soon as an active flea token is no longer connected to an active Outbreak, it is turned onto its passive side."

Does next player move only a latent flea token or any flea token?

When spreading the plague, the order you follow to pick a flea is the following:
1) Take a flea from the supply, if available; OR
2) Move an inactive flea token, if available; OR
3) Move an active flea token.

I sketched some flowcharts to represent all the actions related to The Plague: Adding an outbreak, spreading the plague, and eradicating an outbreak. You may find them all here:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4780.msg70156#msg70156 (obsolete post)

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5432.msg87346#msg87346

The following diagram details the spreading of the plague:

Notes:
* 1. Place new flea token: If there is room for a flea token to be placed, you'll have to choose the source of the flea token to place:
   - 1. Pick a flea token from the supply, if any
   - 2. Otherwise, you move a latent flea taken placed on the board
   - 3. Finally, if only active flea tokens are available, move one of them
* 2. Manage cut-off active flea regions: If a latent or an active flea token was moved, any disconnected active flea region with no active outbreak will have to be turned inactive.
* 3. Manage merged regions: Same case as with the addition of a new outbreak above, you may find out that the newly placed flea token may merge two or more plague regions in different states, so you will have to deal with them:
   - Active regions with a previous active outbreak: You will need to keep active only the newest outbreak and turn any disconnected fleas to latent state.
   - Inactive regions with latent fleas : You vill need to turn these fleas to active state.

Hope this helps! The actions in this expansion don't follow the usual turn sequence so you have to assemble all the actions in your mind... what isn't that intuitive if you want to combine all the actions and see the full picture.

Just in case,you can revisit the rules of The Plague here:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Plague_(1st_edition)

EDIT: Updated link to post with full diagrams and image included here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 01:47:25 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Nazarentsy

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 06, 2020, 06:51:46 PM »

When spreading the plague, the order you follow to pick a flea is the following:
1) Take a flea from the supply, if available; OR
2) Move an inactive flea token, if available; OR
3) Move an active flea token.

I sketched some flowcharts to represent all the actions related to The Plague: Adding an outbreak, spreading the plague, and eradicating an outbreak. You may find them all here:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4780.msg70156#msg70156

The following diagram details the spreading of the plague:

Notes:
* 1. Place new flea token: If there is room for a flea token to be placed, you'll have to choose the source of the flea token to place:
   - 1. Pick a flea token from the supply, if any
   - 2. Otherwise, you move a latent flea taken placed on the board
   - 3. Finally, if only active flea tokens are available, move one of them
* 2. Manage cut-off active flea regions: If a latent or an active flea token was moved, any disconnected active flea region with no active outbreak will have to be turned inactive.
* 3. Manage merged regions: Same case as with the addition of a new outbreak above, you may find out that the newly placed flea token may merge two or more plague regions in different states, so you will have to deal with them:
   - Active regions with a previous active outbreak: You will need to keep active only the newest outbreak and turn any disconnected fleas to latent state.
   - Inactive regions with latent fleas : You vill need to turn these fleas to active state.

Hope this helps! The actions in this expansion don't follow the usual turn sequence so you have to assemble all the actions in your mind... what isn't that intuitive if you want to combine all the actions and see the full picture.

Just in case,you can revisit the rules of The Plague here:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Plague_(1st_edition)

Thank you very much!

Online NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2020, 06:27:21 AM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpd7pLyX6WwBzz7_iUp6LicJ06pFbch0/view - The Peasant Revolts
How do you differentiate a protected meeple placed as an abbot by a protected meeple placed as a monk?
The monastery symbol affects the meeples placed as abbots?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2020, 07:59:39 AM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpd7pLyX6WwBzz7_iUp6LicJ06pFbch0/view - The Peasant Revolts

Thanks for the rules!  ;)

They contained our favorite disclaimer, so no rules or clarifications are expected for interactions with other expansions.  >:(

This been said, let's see how to approach your questions.

[244.] How do you differentiate a protected meeple placed as an abbot by a protected meeple placed as a monk?

In this case we have a conflict with meeples placed as abbots, since they are already placed lying on their side. There is no issue when protecting a meeple placed as a monk. You simply place it laying down as a farmer.

My suggestion would be to use something to indicate the meeple placed as an abbot is protected. You could use a map-chip (or any small blank token) placed face down. I would even use the same approach for any protected meeple so there is no confusion with farmers (especially on roads).

[245.] The monastery symbol affects the meeples placed as abbots?

The rules mention the features (cities, roads, monasteries), not the meeple roles. So the could consider that the monastery symbol may affect all monastic buildings for the sake of consistency:
* Monasteries
* Abbeys
* Shrines
* German monasteries
* Dutch & Belgian monasteries
* Japanese buildings
* Darmstadt churches

Note that other features such as gardens, German cathedrals, Baba Yaga's hut or German castles won't be affected.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Some questions about the Gingerbread Man

Started by emanuele

3 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
by obervet
xx
Questions about Advent Quiz

Started by Rosco

17 Replies
Last post December 18, 2017, 05:11:57 AM