Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77595 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Questions
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2020, 03:07:15 PM »
Depends od versions when C1 then 2 when C2 then 1

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 02, 2020, 05:42:38 AM »
[238.] If you place a bridge on 2 halfling tiles, it values 1 or 2 points?

I'm going to extend your question with the following scenario add fuel to the discussion. :red-meeple: places the tile highlighted in red connecting the previously incomplete roads occupied by him and :yellow-meeple:.

Several questions stem from this image based on Carcassonne93's question:

a) How is the bridge considered, as 1 single virtual tile overlapping the two Halfling underneath or as 2 virtual Halfling tiles making up the bridge?

The answer to the previous question has different consequences for the the following questions:

Meeple placement:
b) Is the position of the :red-meeple: meeple on the bridge relevant?   

Majority:
c.1) How does the hill on one of the Halfling tiles affect the bridge?
c.2) Who has the majority?

Little Buildings:
d.1) How does the Little Building affect the roads on the Halfling tiles?
d.2) How does the Little Building affect the bridge over the Halfling tiles?

Scoring (assuming the Little Building basic rules, that is, 1 point per Little Building):
e) How many points is the road worth?

Any thoughts?

PS: This case is not covered in any clarifications as far as I know beyond the bridge can be placed on farms segments.

EDIT: I added Little Buildings to the equation. Why not?  >:D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:38:25 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 02, 2020, 05:44:15 AM »
(238.) Depends od versions when C1 then 2 when C2 then 1

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Could you explain your answer in more detail? Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 02:48:01 AM by Meepledrone »

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 07, 2020, 05:33:20 AM »
[238.] If you place a bridge on 2 halfling tiles, it values 1 or 2 points?

I'm going to extend your question with the following scenario add fuel to the discussion. :red-meeple: places the tile highlighted in red connecting the previously incomplete roads occupied by him and :yellow-meeple:.

Several questions stem from this image based on Carcassonne93's question:

a) How is the bridge considered, as 1 single virtual tile overlapping the two Halfling underneath or as 2 virtual Halfling tiles making up the bridge?

(238.a) We are facing here a dilemma: how can the 1-tile-long bridge coexist with a 2-tile-long road across two Halfling tiles?

There is no clarification available for this particular case. The closest one available is this:

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Bridges,_Castles_and_Bazaars#cite_note-4

...that reads as follows:

As the bridge is counted just like a printed road segment, any completed road that includes a bridge and a printed road segment on the same tile still only scores 1 point for the tile. (2/2014)

Based on this, we would have to assume the bridge across two Halfling tiles would be equivalent to two printed road segments on  the same tiles. If so, the bridge would count as two road segments in this case.

As the clarifications says, each tile on a road counts once, so it would be not possible to count the Halfling tiles and add the bridge on top as a third tile. Therefore, the Halfling tiles are counted once including the bridge portion passing over.

As a consequence for the sake of consistency, this should be the same even if were no printed roads on the Halfling tiles.

The answer to the previous question has different consequences for the the following questions:

Meeple placement:
b) Is the position of the :red-meeple: meeple on the bridge relevant?   

(238.b) The position of the meeple is not relevant in this case for claiming the bridge or scoring in this case. It would be important if playing with the dragon, the tower or the plague, where certain actions may affect the meeples on a particular tile.

You can revisit the interactions of these expansions with Halflings here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Halflings#Other_expansions

Majority:
c.1) How does the hill on one of the Halfling tiles affect the bridge?

(238.c.1) In this case, the hill affects the whole square space, so the position of the :red-meeple: meeple on the bridge is not relevant in this case. Therefore, the :red-meeple: is affected by the hill no matter its position on the bridge.

You can revisit the rules about Halflings and hills here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Halflings#Tiles_with_expansion_symbols

c.2) Who has the majority?

(238.c.2) :red-meeple and :yellow-meeple: are tied. Since, the :red-meeple: meeple is affected by the hill, :red-meeple: has the majority and will score the road alone.

You can revisit the rules about Halflings and hills here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Halflings#Tiles_with_expansion_symbols

Little Buildings:
d.1) How does the Little Building affect the roads on the Halfling tiles?

(238.d.1) The Little Building will only affect the Halfling it is placed on, including the road containing the print road segment on it. Thus the road will get bonus points from the Little Building. 

d.2) How does the Little Building affect the bridge over the Halfling tiles?

(238.d.2) The Little Building will only affect the Halfling it is placed on, including the road containing the bridge portion passing over it. Thus the road with the bridge will get bonus points from the Little Building. 

Scoring (assuming the Little Building basic rules, that is, 1 point per Little Building):
e) How many points is the road worth?

(238.e) The road has 6 tiles (including 3 Halfling tiles). As we commented earlier, the bridge is considered as printed segments on the Halfling tiles.

Therefore, :red-meeple: will score 7 points (6 tiles x 1 point + 1 Little Building x 1 point)

Any thoughts?

PS: This case is not covered in any clarifications as far as I know beyond the bridge can be placed on farms segments.

EDIT: I added Little Buildings to the equation. Why not?  >:D

Any comments?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:37:49 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2020, 06:12:59 AM »

As the bridge is counted just like a printed road segment, any completed road that includes a bridge and a printed road segment on the same tile still only scores 1 point for the tile. (2/2014)
[/quote]

What is the meaning of this clarification? How can a road contain a bridge and a printed road segment on the same tile?

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2020, 06:29:52 AM »

What is the meaning of this clarification? How can a road contain a bridge and a printed road segment on the same tile?

Hi Vital,

We had this case in the Advent Calendar Quiz MMXIX, Question #8:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4427.msg65461#msg65461

Check the bridge on the right. that tile has a printed road segment and bridge. That tile is counted once when scoring the road.

Cheers!

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2020, 05:27:45 AM »

Hi Vital,

We had this case in the Advent Calendar Quiz MMXIX, Question #8:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4427.msg65461#msg65461

Check the bridge on the right. that tile has a printed road segment and bridge. That tile is counted once when scoring the road.

Cheers!

I see :-)
Then I suppose your proposal to count both halfling tiles below the bridge sounds most appropriate!

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 10, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
I think this approach solves the issue, although the "virtual" splitting of a bridge is something I haven't seen in any clarification.

This is a bit off-topic, but this would also apply to the following cases where some CarcF fans have created bridges spanning across more than one square tile:

https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=357&t=4941

The image attaches is one example by user Brandman Florian.

PS: This is my 1900th post... and I love these crazy bridges ^-^
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:29:30 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2020, 12:01:07 AM »
I think this approach solves the issue, although the "virtual" splitting of a bridge is something I haven't seen in any clarification.

This is a bit off-topic, but this would also apply to the following cases where some CarcF fans have created bridges spanning across more than one square tile:

https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=357&t=4941

The image attaches is one example by user Brandman Florian.

PS: This is my 1900th post... and I love these crazy bridges ^-^

By ligth flashing on tiles... They were also printed and they aren't original tiles from Weel of Forture, right?

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2020, 03:30:45 AM »
This image is from CarcF. They seem to be original tiles but they are sleeved so the plastic is reflecting the light like that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:07:04 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2020, 03:42:20 AM »
Aah, I see, then ok ;-D

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2020, 07:41:24 AM »
How many points does these watchtowers scores in these 4 examples?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2020, 11:34:37 AM »
Haha, good examples ;-)
With rules of German Castles I quess every tile place will be scored as separated tile.

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2020, 04:08:13 AM »
[240.] How many points does these watchtowers scores in these 4 examples?

Good question!

There is no claification about these cases as The Watchtowers are designed to be played with the base game, so any interaction with other expansions has to be an educated guess or house ruled, since HiG won't be providing any clarifications as indicated in the expansion rules.

This said, the rules state that "For scoring the watchtowers, the 8 directly adjacent tiles and the tile with the watchtower itself are considered." In order to apply these instructions, we would need to bend the original rules to the current context:
* Double-sized tiles should be considered as single tiles, even if the number of adjacent tiles is not 8 tiles anymore. In this case, the Leipzig tiles show one road segment each as per the rules, and 1 or 2 city segments (one of them belonging to the city of Leipzig itself).
* The outside of city of Carcassonne is made out of individual tiles. There are separation lines splitting the surrounding field area into tiles. The issue here is how to consider the inner part of the city that is not split into tiles (except the original C1 version made out of 12 individual tiles assembled together). In this case, you may consider that each outer tile has a portion of city on it, since the city itself is considered when scoring fields. Some of the outer tiles also show road or semicircular city segments too.

If this approach is taken, the answer to your question would be as follows:

[Image 1]

[Image 1] There are city segments on the watchtower tile and on 3 outer tiles of the city of Carcassonne. So :red-meeple: scores 4 points for the watchtower (4 tiles with city segments x 1 point per tile).

[Image 2]

[Image 2] There are city segments on the watchtower tile, on the tile below the watchtower and on 3 outer tiles of the city of Carcassonne. So :red-meeple: scores 5 points for the watchtower (5 tiles with city segments x 1 point per tile).

[Image 3]

[Image 3] There are road segments on the watchtower tile, on the tile above the watchtower and on 2 Leipzig tiles. So :red-meeple: scores 4 points for the watchtower (4 tiles with road segments x 1 point per tile).

[Image 4]

[Image 4] There are city segments on the watchtower tile and on 2 Leipzig tiles. So :red-meeple: scores 3 points for the watchtower (3 tiles with city segments x 1 point per tile).

You can revisit the scoring rules for watchtowers here:
* http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Watchtowers#3._Scoring_a_feature

You can check the clarification on the roads on Leipzig tiles here:
* http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Markets_of_Leipzig#3._Scoring_a_feature
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:15:05 AM by Meepledrone »

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2020, 04:08:51 AM »
(240.) Haha, good examples ;-)
With rules of German Castles I quess every tile place will be scored as separated tile.

I agree.  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Standard version questions about putting a pawns

Started by merqn

13 Replies
Last post July 02, 2016, 05:00:20 AM
by Paul
xx
A few odd questions...

Started by Christopher

3 Replies
Last post November 04, 2016, 07:58:25 AM