Author Topic: Brettspiel Adventskalender Promos  (Read 17199 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: Brettspiel Adventskalender Promos
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »
Im embarrassed to say my only Uwe Rosenburg game is 'Patchwork', which was pretty good, but with a terrible theme.

'Cottage Garden' seems similar, so it's on the list too!

Sorry to comment so late, but I just noticed this... From what I understand, Cottage Garden is simply a 4-player reimplementation of Patchwork with a different theme. 

On a separate note, did anyone buy the new Advent promos and are you selling them?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:08:14 PM by CKorfmann »
Flee the fleas.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »
Im embarrassed to say my only Uwe Rosenburg game is 'Patchwork', which was pretty good, but with a terrible theme.

'Cottage Garden' seems similar, so it's on the list too!

Sorry to comment so late, but I just noticed this... From what I understand, Cottage Garden is simply a 4-player reimplementation of Patchwork with a different theme. 

Yes, this is exctly what it is. It was very popular at Essen so we never got to demo it but it sounds like it was very rushed and there were a number of production problems that weren't properly solved with it.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2016, 12:43:25 AM »

Yes, this is exctly what it is. It was very popular at Essen so we never got to demo it but it sounds like it was very rushed and there were a number of production problems that weren't properly solved with it.

I've been 'following' Cottage Garden since Essen because it might be junglegirl-friendly. I wouldn't quite call it rethemed Patchwork for four players. Firstly, it's for 2-4 players. Secondly, it's lighter/easier than Patchwork and more forgiving if you have gaps in your board.

The production problem is that the board is two-sided depending on the player count, but the publishers (Edition Spielwise) accidentally printed the same board on both sides on the first print run. They then included stickers that you can put on one side to allow you to play it properly. Pegasus Spiele is co-publishing and their edition is supposed to be out this month. I'm waiting for the board issue to be corrected before I buy it.

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2016, 01:30:01 AM »
I've been 'following' Cottage Garden since Essen because it might be junglegirl-friendly. I wouldn't quite call it rethemed Patchwork for four players. Firstly, it's for 2-4 players. Secondly, it's lighter/easier than Patchwork and more forgiving if you have gaps in your board.

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. I was deciding between Patchwork and the newly-released Cottage Garden for my birthday last month, and ended up going with the older Patchwork, even though I much prefer the theme of Cottage Garden, because 1) I mostly play games with my wife, just 2-player and, 2) the reviews of both games led me to believe (whether rightly or wrongly) that Patchwork had more strategic depth and thus (I figure) more replayability.
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Adventskalender 2016

Started by Vasek

8 Replies
Last post November 23, 2016, 08:51:06 AM
by Decar
clip
Brettspiel Advent Calendar 2018

Started by Decar

7 Replies
Last post October 30, 2018, 03:34:43 AM