Author Topic: Spring and Summer 2017 Predictions and Wishes from Cundco  (Read 8889 times)

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
Re: Spring and Summer 2017 Predictions and Wishes from Cundco
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 04:23:20 AM »
There were 3 or 4 different designs produced by some of the folks on CarcF that better match the old artwork. There was a thread about it here
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
Re: Spring and Summer 2017 Predictions and Wishes from Cundco
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 06:16:46 AM »
i don't think 6 [garden] tiles is enough to convince me to step in the Abbot story.  If i'm not mistaken, those gardens occur in the new expansions as well.

I also didn't see myself caring about the abbots (or anything else in the reboot universe) because the artwork is a downgrade and I have no intention of re-buying my collection. But I've already got a few abbots anyway because of buying extra meeple sets from cundco, and when I saw that walmart.com had the new base game for $19 ship-to-store, I decided to grab the main-color abbots. I plan to try selling everything except those 5 chunks of wood to see how much of that cost I can recoup.

Anyway, I agree with you that 6 gardens really isn't enough to duplicate the Carc II experience, which is why I said I would buy two copies. I think 12 would support a reasonable gameplay experience, even with other expansion sets in the tile pool.

the gardens with flowers in different bright colours just don't match for me with the old artwork.

I agree with you here again, and I probably should have spent a little time in photoshop re-filtering the gardens to help with that. My goal, of course, was to propose a minimal-cost solution from HiG's perspective; thus no new art to be commissioned.

Like I said, it's not a perfect solution — but I'm not comparing this idea to a mythical perfect one. I'm contrasting it with the likely actual situation of no more new classic tiles ever. Between those alternatives, I would choose the imperfect-but-tolerable compromise.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
lamp
[30 - uups ;-)] 20 years Carcassonne / Wishes for the anniversary - a survey

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

44 Replies
Last post October 07, 2020, 09:18:47 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Cundco spring 2023 US group buy

Started by gamgeefan2

20 Replies
Last post June 09, 2023, 12:51:35 PM