Author Topic: Welcome Tournament 2016  (Read 97927 times)

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Tournament 2016
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
So, my last game in the second round finally gave me some sweet victory. I played Daliles and after an early farmer met another early farmer the field was mine, and victory as well. When, however, Daliles managed to close the larger city in the south (unchallenged as I never thought he was going to close it), it became exciting.

In the end however I won 277-221.

If Decar wants a screenshot, Decar shall have one! (As soon as I get this damned shrinking thing to work for me)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:44:58 PM by What If? »
Maybe I shouldn´t buy kathars, what would I do next?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2016, 03:40:28 PM »
No screenshot :(

You'll have to play again :p

Only joking, it wiuld have been interesting to see how the monasteries and farms panned out. It sounded like a close game, even if the scores don't reflect it.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »
daliles, improving is easy, you just have to play play play :) if you have the passion for the game (and I see you have), you will have a better next round! thanks for playing our game! finale score 94 - 223

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2016, 11:18:49 AM »
daliles, improving is easy, you just have to play play play :)

Hmm. I play play play and then play some more but I still can'take beat Jere or MrNumbers.

Offline StartPlayer

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2016, 07:13:21 PM »
Played game against Clownfeet which I lost 207-149.

Was an odd game for me.  Usually I like to trap maples and didn't catch a single one.

In the end it looked like it was coming down to the big farm but my double maple never got it.  the tile I needed went to clown feet with 4 tiles to go! 

enjoyed the game and chatting as it turned out we had met previously at the UKgames expo.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
daliles, improving is easy, you just have to play play play :) if you have the passion for the game (and I see you have), you will have a better next round! thanks for playing our game! finale score 94 - 223

Thanks for the screenshot - I noticed something strange, perhaps I missed something.  Why did Daliles German Monastery only score 7 points, and not 14 points?  At first I thought it was because of the witch, but then I noticed it was in the incomplete city to the north, so wouldn't have taken effect.

Any ideas?

I'll check some of the other results too.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2016, 07:28:13 PM »

If Decar wants a screenshot, Decar shall have one! (As soon as I get this damned shrinking thing to work for me)

Thanks for trying - that is slightly too small. Upload the image at full size and then do the following :

Code: [Select]
[img width=200] URL to image [/img]
There is a maximum file size of 512KB to any uploads, a typical resolution can be scaled by 50-25% to fit decently.

I'm interested in seeing the German Monasteries scoring.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »

Thanks for the screenshot - I noticed something strange, perhaps I missed something.  Why did Daliles German Monastery only score 7 points, and not 14 points?  At first I thought it was because of the witch, but then I noticed it was in the incomplete city to the north, so wouldn't have taken effect.

Any ideas?

Good question. I think this has to be a bug. I have no other explanation. Daliles placed the tile first, then I placed the monastery right next to him, which score is correct. Strange thing!

Edit: There is another scoring bug with the monasteries in the game Joe vs daliles. The blue monastery in the north shows 8 pts score, but it has to be 10 pts. In both cases there is an unused german monastery next to it. Maybe it has something to do with? But even if the unused monastery cuts the points row, the result is incorrect.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:15:03 PM by Adrornalin »

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 11
  • I have updated my profile now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2016, 08:15:03 PM »
played my second game of the night against Daromar.

I took the game 191 - 158

it was a tight game, i took a small early lead as Daromar packed the bases. but he managed to wiggle them all out and i couldn't trap any. There was a lot of points back and forth on small roads and other bits and pieces. Darmoar trapped my meeple up top in the crazy city and there were a few pieces left behind due to tiles not coming out. But in the end i managed to link the two major fields on the left and right. That secured me the victory.

a great game!
must...collect...more...tiles....

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2016, 08:16:04 PM »

Any ideas?

It's just a normal monk (cloister surrounded by 6 tiles = 7 pts). If you zoom in you see that the meeple is standing.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »

Any ideas?

Good question. I think this has to be a bug. I have no other explanation. Daliles placed the tile first, then I placed the monastery right next to him, which score is correct. Strange thing!

Edit: There is another scoring bug with the monasteries in the game Joe vs daliles. The blue monastery in the north shows 8 pts score, but it has to be 10 pts. In both cases there is an unused german monastery next to it. Maybe it has something to do with? But even if the unused monastery cuts the points row, the result is incorrect.

Scoring is correct. A regular monk was placed there.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
o.m.g.
The easiest explanation! ;D
I did not had that in mind.. Thanks Jere.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »
No worries :)

Offline daliles

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Watch out for the Dragon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
I hope to win a game in the next tournament, this shutout has taught me quite a bit.
GMT - 5

Offline Skane

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • Keep calm and block the meeples
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »
Finished my game with daromar.

That was interesting game. At the beginning when daromar stolen from me that 33 points city, I thought it is over,
luck is not on my side today, because he also had real chances to finish that second city with Cathedral.
But then all changed, I successfully started blocking his workers, first two I blocked with one move at the bottom of the map.
Then I ruined that second cathedral city, Then I placed good German Monasteries (at the top), then occupied two good farmers fields,
Connected and shared good roads with inns. At the end finished 4 good cities, 3 around my field on left side and middle top city. So After that stolen city, my game just got unstoppable power.
Thank You daromar and good luck in next rounds.  :violet-meeple:

:violet-meeple: Skane (206) : :blue-meeple: daromar (129)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:41:08 PM by Skane »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
grin
Welcome Tournament

Started by Decar

11 Replies
Last post August 23, 2015, 09:24:51 AM
by Decar
xx
A Welcome Tournament for New Members

Started by Decar

312 Replies
Last post January 12, 2016, 08:07:02 AM