Author Topic: Little Summer Quiz 2020  (Read 17935 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Little Summer Quiz 2020
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2020, 03:43:01 AM »
Question #7:

:red-meeple: placed the tile highlighted in red. How many points do :red-meeple: and :yellow-meeple: score?

Answer #7:

As soon as :red-meeple: placed the tile, the :yellow-meeple: meeple is connected to the road with the Solovei Razboynik's tree. As a result, the :yellow-meeple: meeple is trapped and moves automatically to the Solovei Razboynik tile. The completed road is now empty but it triggers the scoring of the castle occupied by the :red-meeple: meeple.

So, the :red-meeple: in the castle scores 5 points for the completed road (5 tiles x 1 point per tile), since the the Solovei Razboynik's tree does not interrupt the road.

So the bottomline is:
* :red-meeple: scores 5 points for the castle
* :yellow-meeple: scores no points and their meeple is trapped by Solovei Razboynik

You can check the Solovei Razboynik rules and the latest clarifications by Hobby World (the Russian publisher) here:
* http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Russian_Promos_(1st_edition)#Solovei_Razboynik
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »
Question #8:

:red-meeple: and :yellow-meeple: share this road network. How many points do they score with the advanced labyrinth rules?

Answer #8:

Original answer - outdated by clarifications from 1/2021 (obsolete answer)

:red-meeple: and :yellow-meeple: share the majority in the road network but the :yellow-meeple: on the bridge breaks that tie in :yellow-meeple:'s favor thanks to the hill under the bridge. So :yellow-meeple: has the majority in the end.

The road network contains 9 tiles:
* 5 square tiles
* 4 Halflings
Note the bridge placed across two Halfling tiles will have to be treated as two road segments matching the tiles underneath. When scoring a road, you consider the number of tiles making up the road. In this case, there would be a conflict between the two Halfling tiles (two tiles) and the bridge across (usually one tile), but the number of tiles involved dictates the outcome.

As a consequence, :yellow-meeple: scores 17 points for the road network:
* 9 points for the road (9 tiles x 1 point / tile) 
* 8 additional points for the meeples on the road network including the labyrinth (4 meeples x 2 points / meeple) as per the advanced Labyrinth rules.

So the bottomline is:
* :red-meeple: scores no points
* :yellow-meeple: scores 17 points for the road network with advanced labyrinth rules

Revised answer - aligned with clarifications from 1/2021 (current valid answer)

:red-meeple: and :yellow-meeple: share the majority in the road network but the :yellow-meeple: on the bridge breaks that tie in :yellow-meeple:'s favor thanks to the hill under the bridge. So :yellow-meeple: has the majority in the end.

The road network contains 7 tiles (or 7 occupied spaces):
* 5 square tiles
* 4 Halflings, counted as 2 tiles (each occupied by two Halflings).
Note the bridge placed across two Halfling tiles will have to be treated as one road segment (the same as the two Halflings underneath). When scoring a road, you consider the number of tiles (or occupied square spaces).

As a consequence, :yellow-meeple: scores 15 points for the road network:
* 7 points for the road (7 tiles x 1 point / tile) 
* 8 additional points for the meeples on the road network including the labyrinth (4 meeples x 2 points / meeple) as per the advanced Labyrinth rules.

So the bottomline is:
* :red-meeple: scores no points
* :yellow-meeple: scores 15 points for the road network with advanced labyrinth rules

EDIT: Updated response to align it with the clarifications from 1/2021.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 01:46:13 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
I'm late for the quiz. But I'll do it anyway. :)
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
Don't tell me you just came back from your vacation!  :o
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:08:32 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2020, 02:47:41 PM »
What?
Hill was hidden there, ahh. I have C1 version and I'm not familiar with C2 design of this Hill expansion ;-(

Well it's just again one of undiscovered rules terytory - bridge on tile/tiles in this case with Hill. Nice ;-)

Hmm, after this quizz, I have to once again to learn rules  ;-(

Nice job @Meepledrone, merit for me
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2020, 05:12:35 AM »
What?
Hill was hidden there, ahh. I have C1 version and I'm not familiar with C2 design of this Hill expansion ;-(

Well it's just again one of undiscovered rules terytory - bridge on tile/tiles in this case with Hill. Nice ;-)

Hmm, after this quizz, I have to once again to learn rules  ;-(

Nice job @Meepledrone, merit for me

Thanks Bumsakalaka!

I'm glad you enjoyed the quiz...

I tried to push the boundaries a bit in some cases with some interactions not well covered in the basic rules. WICA is useful to help you in those areas.

Cheers!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2020, 05:34:16 AM »
I moved the discussion about Halflings and hills that you started to the following Topic:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4792.0

t2k

Re: Little Summer Quiz 2020-Scoring Answer
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2020, 03:32:42 AM »
Scoring this seems easy.  RED Scores 10 and YELLOW Scores 11.
RED occupies two completed cities and base game scoring applies.  Two points per City tile or 2 x 5 = 10.
YELLOW occupies one road and has one completed Monastery in a city.  1 point per Road tile, or 2 x 1 = 2.  1 point per Monastery tile, or 1 x 9 = 9

Clarification on City score: the City with a Monastery is NOT scored like a City with a Cathedral in it, which would score at 3 points per City tile.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2020, 04:08:34 AM »
Scoring this seems easy.  RED Scores 10 and YELLOW Scores 11.
RED occupies two completed cities and base game scoring applies.  Two points per City tile or 2 x 5 = 10.
YELLOW occupies one road and has one completed Monastery in a city.  1 point per Road tile, or 2 x 1 = 2.  1 point per Monastery tile, or 1 x 9 = 9

Clarification on City score: the City with a Monastery is NOT scored like a City with a Cathedral in it, which would score at 3 points per City tile.

Hi t2k!

I assume you are referring to Question #2.

As you can see here (http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4749.msg70047#msg70047), the base game scoring is altered by the active scoring tiles from The Land Surveyors shown on the left.

In this case, the Bad Neighborhood scoring tile (shown top left) prevents :red-meeple: from score points for the semicircular city tiles. So :red-meeple: only scores 2 points for the CFCF tile in the 3-tile city. The 2-tile small city is is worth no points.

On the other hand, the Highway scoring tile (shown center left) benefits :yellow-meeple: as he or she scores the 2-tile road as it was a 5-tile road... Additionally, the Pilgrimage Route scoring tile (shown bottom left) provides a 8-point bonus (1 point per neighboring tile with road segments) to the scoring of the in-city monastery, so the monastery is worth 9 + 8 = 17 points.  :o

So poor :red-meeple: only scores 2 points while lucky :yellow-meeple: scores 5 points and 17 points.

As you can see, these scoring tiles can make your day... or not.

Cheers!

t2k

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2020, 09:32:29 PM »
Yes, I am referring to scoring number 2.
From what expansion are the scoring tiles?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2020, 11:53:25 PM »
Land Surveyors - PnP official print and play expansion available on www.cundco.de

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Scoring quiz with roads (summer tutti frutti)

Started by Meepledrone

17 Replies
Last post November 01, 2021, 08:11:40 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
Easter Mini Quiz 2020

Started by Meepledrone

21 Replies
Last post November 01, 2021, 05:29:52 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Adults Of Carcassonne game at the pub on a summer's eve