Author Topic: Splendor  (Read 9332 times)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Splendor
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 12:49:16 PM »
For those that are interested, the digital app is on offer over Easter (see below)...

@AsmodeeDigital: Happy Easter, everyone!! Game on with these amazing digital titles! http://twitter.com/AsmodeeDigital/status/713425467139690496/photo/1

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Splendor
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »
@jungleboy - Lanterns is coming to iOS soon!

Thanks for the info! I'm a bit torn on app versions of games. On the one hand it's super convenient and if done well like the Carcassonne iOS app it can be a great way to play. On the other hand, half of the attraction of board games for me is that they are an escape from technology and that it's a hands-on experience, so I don't really want to get addicted to playing board games on apps.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:24:46 PM by jungleboy »

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »
My wife has been looking forward to the Splendor Expansion.  After watching the preview (go to the 1hr 28 minute mark) below, I don't think we will be acquiring it. 

Basically it has 4 modules that you can use to expand the base game separately.

1. Cities - whoever gets the first city wins.   :o  Shouldn't it be just called city?  :(n)
2. Trading Post - gain extra abilities to use in the game.    :(y)
3.  Strongholds - Annoy your opponents by placing your ketchup bottle on cards or removing their mustard bottle from cards.   :-X  :(n)
4.  The Orient - extra cards added to the side that have various abilities and costs.   :-\

The 2nd one looks good and the 4th one may be interesting, but I won't be sure until I play it.  That being said, I probably won't play it since the rest of the expansion looks awful.  Also, the expansion costs the same amount as the base game  :o 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:02:55 PM by dirk2112 »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »
I'll check it out but I was kinda hoping they could expand it to at least 6 players.
  We've managed to play 6pl with the base game alone with only minor tweaking.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »
Tonight we hit Splendor trying out a few variants. The greatness with this game is the unlimited ideas one can come up with.

One of the variants is not having four cards each row drawn on the table.
  Instead, you choose to draw a card from any of the three piles and keep up to three cards in hand hidden. The rest is pretty much the same except the coin draw: Choose up to 3 one of each, two of the same OR a single gold coin.

So each turn you choose and do one of the following:
1. Draw a card
2. Pay and play a card
3. Take coins

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter