Author Topic: Lukey-Dukey v Rich_The_Fish  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Lukey-Dukey v Rich_The_Fish
« on: March 13, 2016, 10:34:12 AM »
Lukey-Dukey and I had a very enjoyable game last night. It was quite late so we didn’t want too many additional tiles, so we settled on using the base game with the German Castles mini expansion and The Astronomers fan expansion by Decar. We’ve only played with The Astronomers a couple of times so were keen to use it again. It worked really well, with several stars in the same constellation falling neatly into line earning us some easy points, although for no deliberate reason most ended up placed very near each other. I was particularly pleased to draw the FFCR tile with the blue star as it meant I could finish my cloister and get a meeple back, as I feared that I was trapped for good.

Lukey played very well and really limited my significant scoring opportunities, the most noteworthy was managing to get two of his monkeys into the large city and share the 36 points. He was ahead for virtually the whole game and took great joy in lapping me on the score track! He didn’t react to my show of force after I swiftly deployed 3 farmers and sacrificed his lone farmer in the main field. However, despite claiming the main field which contained 11 completed cities, it just wasn’t enough and Lukey-Dukey claimed a thoroughly deserved victory. Final scores were 169 (Monkey) v 146 (Cat).

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2527.0

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Lukey-Dukey v Rich_The_Fish
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 10:52:46 AM »
A great write up (+1 to you + Lukey Dukey when I next see him)!  Great to see 'The Astronomers' put to good use, I'm quite amazed at how well they blend in!  I was confused by your Cloister-coaster for a few seconds too - Perhaps you could have completed it for 17 points, but even then Lukey-Dukey would have beaten you ;)

Dont forget to include the picture in quevy's competition.

I have to ask: what's with all the rabbit cups?

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 11:14:04 AM »
A great write up (+1 to you + Lukey Dukey when I next see him)!  Great to see 'The Astronomers' put to good use, I'm quite amazed at how well they blend in!  I was confused by your Cloister-coaster for a few seconds too - Perhaps you could have completed it for 17 points, but even then Lukey-Dukey would have beaten you ;)

Dont forget to include the picture in quevy's competition.

I have to ask: what's with all the rabbit cups?
Thanks mate and cheers for the reminder - I posted a close up photo on quevy's thread earlier. I agree, your tiles look really good quality - you've obviously got the printing process down to a tee.

As for the rabbits, it's something the missus is doing for an Easter event at Lukey's school. Apparently they'll be some chocolate prizes under them or something. I couldn't stack them out of the way, so left them on the table and thought I'd leave them in the background of the shot as they look a bit random!

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »
Here's the other photo I took...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »
Thanks for the report Rich; merit from me too since it was a fun read!

Did the German Castles have much of an impact on the game?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Meetup featuring jungleboy, Decar, danisthirty and Rich_The_Fish at d20 (London)

Started by jungleboy

14 Replies
Last post March 12, 2018, 12:02:26 PM
by CKorfmann
clip
August 12, 2015 - Game with Paul, Hounk and Rich_the_Fish

Started by Paul

2 Replies
Last post August 12, 2015, 03:03:11 PM
by Rich_The_Fish