Author Topic: He who is valiant may find the holy grail in the Castle of Aaaargh..  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is meant for the marketplace or not but hey, it can always be moved to another location. 

So, when checking Ebay today, I came across that one thing a lot of us want, but is nearly untrackable. The 2000 first edition HiG Carcassonne with the 70p-scoreboard. Yes, the holy grail for a lot of members here.
I've been checking Ebay and other sources for almost a year nearly every day. This is the first time I saw one.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Carcassonne-Spiel-Ur-Version-v-2000-RAR-Top-Zustand-komplett-altes-Zaehlbrett-/351957987530

What follows is a battle report.  ;)

it was moderately priced at 31 euro an hour before the end. I probed with an offer of 33, but immediatly (due to automatic bidding), it was topped again. I raised it until 40. I thought the only way I could probably make a chance (I absolutely hate automatic bidding), is to drop a bombshell 20 seconds before the end. So I did...

91 euro. Again not enough. I raised the offer 3 times in 10 seconds but wasn't able to win it in the end. The original went for 98 euro and there goes that scoreboard  :(

To think of it, 98 euro is a really big sum and probably (a bit) too much than I originally anticipated on but as I said, this was a first chance for me.

If anyone bought it and is a member here at Carcassonne Central (always a chance), I'm really curious what your max offer was. You could always drop me a pm if you want.

What are the thoughts on automatic bidding?

Long story short, what an exciting and tense sunday afternoon (watching football in the sofa).

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3100.0
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
Re: He who is valiant may find the holy grail in the Castle of Aaaargh..
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
56.72 was my maximal offer..... ;)....
But it did not happen, I wanted to offer this price in the last 15 seconds .....

I'm sorry that you did not succeed.

Btw: This was the 4th old Scoreboard I saw on Ebay & Ebay Kleinanzeigen in the last 12months.

For me the Holy Grail is "Le Sac". This Item i never saw on Ebay for the last 2 years  :(

Greetings,
BigBoss
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:50:57 AM by BigBoss »
I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The growing list of holy places and holy people

Started by cidervampire

1 Replies
Last post November 02, 2014, 08:35:22 AM
by SRBO
xx
Fjords - Grail Games

Started by Decar

20 Replies
Last post March 29, 2021, 11:24:36 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
That feeling when you find the hard to find

Started by DaFees

4 Replies
Last post February 12, 2021, 02:34:06 AM
by Decar
xx
To Castle Or Not To Castle?

Started by danisthirty

10 Replies
Last post November 01, 2015, 01:14:56 AM
by Hounk
xx
New European Union law may affect this site.

Started by Paul

7 Replies
Last post September 22, 2018, 06:26:55 AM
by Sinscerly