Author Topic: CAR for Carcassonne v2  (Read 25695 times)

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
CAR for Carcassonne v2
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:52:00 AM »
Just thinking about it now, I realised a complete version of CAR will be possible for Carcassone V1, and a version for Carcassonne V2 can be done. Sounds exciting, no more updates :p

But maybe that would be too much work :(

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2943.0
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: CAR for Carcassonne v2
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 04:55:53 AM »
You may be giving obervet ideas...like that he can retire! I feel like there will always be minor rules disagreements to resolve, but overall, restarting the CAR with Carc2.0 may not be an entirely bad idea. Granted, I still like to think of Carc2.0 as the Spring Edition, as opposed to the old art which is the Summer Edition. Maybe somebody would like to make a Autumn Edition, with nice Fall colours bespeckling everything.

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »
While the idea of retiring the current CAR and making a CAR for Carcassonne 2.0 is nice in theory, I don't ever see it happening. Yes new expansions are now only being made in the new artwork (See the Temples in Japan and The Watchtowers as proof) but I've read (but not yet seen, links or pics would be nice) of fans adapting these new artwork expansions to the old artwork style. This allows fans of the old artwork style to enjoy the new expansions. As long as this is a thing then so be it the job of the CAR to cover the rules of these new expansions and how they interact with others.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 12:58:27 AM »
I think a Carcassonne wiki would still be the best idea, the car should be finished for the old version. But we always need to wait for 1 person..

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 01:38:57 AM »
remember that carc 1 and carc 2 are compatible each other, so, for me, there must always be a single document with all the interactions.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 02:38:58 AM »
remember that carc 1 and carc 2 are compatible each other, so, for me, there must always be a single document with all the interactions.
My thoughts exactly! I will play new expansions with Carc v1 anyway, so for me it would be better to have all rules in one document.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »
To create a CAR - needs also to own all the editions I + II base games, big expansions, mini expansions....

I am not sure if each fan of the CC I edition (graphics by Doris Matthäus) likes to collect all the other pieces of the CC II edition (graphics by Anne Pätzke).

The text syle in the rules for the CC II edition is different to the CC I edition. Also even in the base game CC II are the rules different. There are less main information than in the CC I edition.
There are many questions never asked for the CC II edition.

CC II edition: A list for the tiles is missing at HiG. Even the rules for the expansions for the CC II edition are not at the HiG homepage.

Does anyone of you asked obervet if he likes to collect all pieces of the CC II edition?
Does anyone of you know how much work it will be to create a CAR for CC II edition or a CAR which included CC I + CC II editions?

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 01:38:12 AM »
The text syle in the rules for the CC II edition is different to the CC I edition. Also even in the base game CC II are the rules different. There are less main information than in the CC I edition.
There are many questions never asked for the CC II edition.
CC II edition: A list for the tiles is missing at HiG. Even the rules for the expansions for the CC II edition are not at the HiG homepage.

I don't see the point... it's the same game withe the gardens. for me it's not necessary rebuild a new CAR with all new image and the exact text of car 2... for the reprinting things just to put in the old one CAR little new informations about the gardens and the list of the new tiles (that you can find in carcassonne forum). I'll do in this way for the italian version RCA.

Does anyone of you asked obervet if he likes to collect all pieces of the CC II edition?

this is the real problem!  :)
for me and the italian version there is not... I like carcassonne 2 and I'll collect all new expansion

Offline CarcinFool

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • I enjoy a good game o' Carc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 03:15:53 AM »
I agree with SRBO -- a CAR wiki would be fantastic!

The CAR is an a amazing piece of work and am so grateful for its existence and all the work that has been put into it, but making it a community project would make the resource so much more timely, dynamic, and useful.

Offline Elfew

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne CZE forum
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 11:27:32 AM »
In our Czech board we have a wiki page under construction. Will be available really soon

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »
In our Czech board we have a wiki page under construction. Will be available really soon

Could it be maintained as a multi-language wiki?

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 01:31:19 PM »
Wasnt there a topic already for a Carcassonne wiki?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
Quote from: asparagus link=topic=2943.msg44018#msg44018
Could it be maintained as a multi-language wiki?
Yes, it could, although that would require multiple interlinked Wikis.

Wasnt there a topic already for a Carcassonne wiki?
Yes, there is at least one thread. In fact, I believe there is already server space reserved for a Wiki and possibly even a version of MediaWiki set up. It just does not have any content yet. I was planning to work on it last year, but I have now run out of time. I haven't even updated my Dominion CAR yet, which is bugging me and the users. But money and work come first, unfortunately.

I made my own Wiki a number of months ago: www.MedievalTexts.com. From that, I have learned a lot, but the main thing I have learned is that whoever is in charge of the Wiki needs to have top level server access, and that could be a problem for this website at least. I've had to contact my hosting service multiple times to get issues cleared, and the Wiki code has to be altered a lot early on to get it to properly replicate Wikipedia features.

Another option is to hijack this wiki: http://carcassonne.wikia.com/wiki/Carcassonne_Wiki. It hasn't been updated since July 2014 and could definitely work. We would have less control, though. Self hosting is the only way to have a Wiki whose editors can be restricted to only a specific few people (probably 1-2 content editors and 2-3 layout/format/copy editors).

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »
i guess it would be nice to have a final CAR for 1st edition.  I do think however that 1st and 2nd edition are the same game and I mix and match tiles from both editions and there are certain to be new expansions which raise questions about their interactions with v1 expansions.
I personally would much rather have a PDF CAR than a wiki.
It's nice to have a single document that I can take with me on holiday and not have to worry about needing an Internet connection to check the rules

Offline pietist

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 02:56:53 AM »
i guess it would be nice to have a final CAR for 1st edition.  I do think however that 1st and 2nd edition are the same game and I mix and match tiles from both editions and there are certain to be new expansions which raise questions about their interactions with v1 expansions.
I personally would much rather have a PDF CAR than a wiki.
It's nice to have a single document that I can take with me on holiday and not have to worry about needing an Internet connection to check the rules

I agree on this!
- A final version for 1st edition.
- A mixed version, which treat the v2 exansions too
- A PDF-CAR, which i possible to print and read as a book.

A question from an outsider: when, by the way, will a new version of CAR (v7.5) be published?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CAR links on Carcassonne Central home page out of date

Started by CarcinFool

13 Replies
Last post August 26, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
by rfielder
xx
Escape from besieged city missing from CAR's "Order of Play"

Started by JT Atomico

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 12:34:45 PM