Author Topic: The Dragons' Meal plan - What can the Dragon eat?  (Read 18333 times)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
Re: The Dragons' Meal plan - What can the Dragon eat?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
If they're not ghosts but are simply stealthy followers then if they're stealthy enough to claim an extra feature without anyone else noticing then they ought to be able to elude the dragon too!

Not wanting to ruin anyone with spoilers from the leek first four episodes of the Game of Thrones new season, and the books for that matter, Dragons do seem to have a keen sense of smell.
So if our stealthy follower is indeed "meet" and not an "ectoplasm" based ghost it should also be considered a meal.

;D ;D
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 08:54:54 AM »
UNSUBSCRIBE!!!! UNSUBSCRIBE!!!!! NO SPOILERS!!!

but thank you for the earning before i finished the sentence!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 10:32:18 AM »
I've called with HiG today as a result HiG has updated the Dragons meal plan.

Now - the teacher is save - see the rule

http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/fileadmin/data_archive/Regeln/Carc_3Erw_Drache_FAQ.pdf

The school still has the rule like the clarifications some time ago - simular to the City of Carcassonne and the Wheel of Fortune

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
I think I like this version better. A multi-tile structure always protects its inhabitants.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
But I did not get an answer because of the new German Castles and the followers on the feature of the German Castle.

The double landscape tile is still one landscape tile - so the Dragon may eat all figures around the feature German Castle - example a follower on one of the roads. The Dragon goes one step: one landscape tile. He (the Dragon) has then some more choices to go forward on this way of 6 steps

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
The double landscape tile is still one landscape tile - so the Dragon may eat all figures around the feature German Castle - example a follower on one of the roads. The Dragon goes one step: one landscape tile. He (the Dragon) has then some more choices to go forward on this way of 6 steps
I'm not sure if I like this. In conclution this must mean, that the dragon also has to move from halfling to halfling. At least these are seperate tiles too!
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 06:06:55 AM »
I'm not sure if I like this. In conclution this must mean, that the dragon also has to move from halfling to halfling. At least these are seperate tiles too!

Except a previous clarification has already stated that 2 halflings together = 1 tile.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »

Except a previous clarification has already stated that 2 halflings together = 1 tile.
Even worse. So the rule isn't consistant... :/

Offline spikey_dino

• Freeman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »
Translation for the headlines

Page 1
Dragons' meal plan
Everything what the dragon eats
------------------------------------------
Page 2
Dragon's diat plan
Everything what the dragon doesn't eat

Protection against Dragon
Figures in the following places are safe from the Dragon

Thank you for translating!

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 04:23:29 AM »
Even worse. So the rule isn't consistant... :/
Well, the rule with the Halflings is rather, that one Halfling is one tile, and two Halflings (only when linked over the hypotenuses) are still one tile. This does not mean, that "half a German Castle" has to be regarded as one tile. I think, this rule makes sense, although others changes had imho a unneeded fast forwarded without second thinking approach.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:25:29 AM by Hounk »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 05:09:57 AM »
IMO, German Castle can be interpreted as City of Carcassonne: Dragon can fly only on outer tiles of the German Castle double tile. In this case it counts as two tiles. You didn't count City of Carcassonne as one tile, did you?
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 01:38:28 AM »
The castles from the 8th expansion:
this castle is placed between 2 landscape tiles. The dragon can only move from one tile to the next tile, but the dragon can't move between the tiles.

The Castle from the mini Castles in Germany (Burgen in Deutschland):
this is a double landscape tile - one landscape tile without a separation line (like at the landscape outside the Wheel of Fortune). That means it is one landscape tile - the dragon can move (and eat the figures) one landscape tile - here is it a double landscape tile.

In my opinion - the dragon can eat the castle lord placed on the castle feature also the dragon can eat all the other figures on that double landscape tile.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 06:05:42 AM »
this castle is placed between 2 landscape tiles. The dragon can only move from one tile to the next tile, but the dragon can't move between the tiles.
Does that mean (would be a new rule, I think), that a castle from B,C&B can "block" the path of the dragon? Let's say, the dragon comes from the "west", there is a castle along the "northern" edge of the tile. The dragon could then not "jump" over the castle, but only continue to the "East" or "South". If neither of that is possible, because there is no tile laid in this direction or it had been there before in that movement phase, it has to stop?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 12:13:05 AM »
Does that mean (would be a new rule, I think), that a castle from B,C&B can "block" the path of the dragon? Let's say, the dragon comes from the "west", there is a castle along the "northern" edge of the tile. The dragon could then not "jump" over the castle, but only continue to the "East" or "South". If neither of that is possible, because there is no tile laid in this direction or it had been there before in that movement phase, it has to stop?
No - there is no new rule for the dragon. The dragon can't eat a follower in the castle from  B, C&B - because the castle is between two landscape tiles.

Offline Nuketool1717

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
What about the dragon and the gingerbread man? Does the dragon eat him? Technically he is not flesh and blood.  But gingerbread is delicious and surely even a dragon would enjoy some.

I know the winter edition is separate and some people say that you can't (or shouldn't) play the winter edition with the other expansions since the art is different. But we like playing with it. Makes it feel less like winter and more like spring.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
cheesy
Asparagus makes a meal of it

Started by asparagus

19 Replies
Last post May 30, 2016, 02:13:07 PM
by asparagus
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Dragons

Started by danisthirty

137 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 01:43:29 AM
by kettlefish
xx
Can a Dragon knock off a double sized Meeple?

Started by LilliB

5 Replies
Last post February 21, 2020, 12:57:04 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Is there any expansion with more dragons?

Started by Drodo

6 Replies
Last post January 23, 2021, 01:14:04 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Colored Dragons

Started by Carcatronn

10 Replies
Last post February 18, 2021, 11:36:47 AM
by Meepledrone