Author Topic: 2017 Basegame League - Round 11  (Read 6632 times)

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Basegame League - Round 11
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »
The relegation battle between Rosco and myself took place tonight and the result was pretty much as predicted in the tabloids, namely a score draw.

Both matches were home wins, with results as:-

TheSteveAllen  :green-meeple: 114 v Rosco  :red-meeple: 111

Rosco  :red-meeple: 97 v TheSteveAllen  :green-meeple: 72

I must say that it is very hard to see why Rosco is currently lying at the foot of the table, and not myself, especially after my dire performance in the second game where I set up a wonderful trap for 3 of my own meeples. I will blame it on old age!

Well played Rosco, and all the best for the rest of the competition but please don't leave me in that last position!!  :D

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 08:10:51 AM »
We were in tight schedule to play our match, but we found right time for it!

118 :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 - khalidqasrawi :red-meeple: 101
87 :red-meeple: khalidqasrawi - Merlin_89  :yellow-meeple: 118

Game No1. It was balanced game, both of us had moments here. I started with some score advantage, I tried to put early pressure on farms, but Khalid answered with his moves. No real blocking got to fruition. It was very close, in my opinion, my win was decided by one "road move" - Khalid could score, cloister, 4-points city, and big road with one tile, but he waited to score road points for that last tile... I didn't let it happen. Khalid overtook my with farms, but my advantage from base game was enough, I won.

Game No2. Game didn't start well for me... actually I couldn't start at all. Khalid scored like crazy with small things, and I dealt with my "luck". I thought game would be decided early when Khalid blocked my 2 meeples (cloister and my promising city), but it ended as turning point for me! I didn't blocked Khalid's meeples, but I pushed him into uncomfortable 2-meeple city that was complicated to finish. Khalid focused on big farm, I run after him, and we were struggling for it. Deciding factor was massisve north city, Khalid developed it for most of the game, at one point he was close to close it, but I added CCCF to prolong it, then I joined it, and joined once more... By lucky twist I managed to complete it and score it, it couldn't be more frustrating for Khalid. I won with huge margin only because of that.

Khalid commiseration, good luck in next rounds!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:13:03 AM by Merlin_89 »

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 04:21:54 AM »
Thanks for the games Merlin.  Agree completely with your assessments.  My reasoning for not placing the man on the road to secure a bigger completion kick when I placed the CRRF (or was it CFRR?) tile was although it was going to be an 8 point road, if I hadn't drawn the tile, I'd have had 3 meeples trapped.  It was the wrong choice.

The second game was clearly mine to lose after the lucky opening.  The 2 meeple incomplete city meant my trapping your 2 meeples was neutralised.  I should have added tiles 2 it to disturb your play.  By ignoring it, you could not worry about it too.  Losing the other big city was just careless.

Well played.  Good luck.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 03:55:08 AM »
Hi all.

I'm bringing round 11 to an end now, albeit with one match left to play. In light of the circumstances I'm allowing Match 80 (Adrornalin vs. What If?) to be played as part of round 12 rather than being forfeited in either player's favour. This will be in addition to the normal round 12 matches that both players would be playing anyway.

I know this isn't strictly in keeping with the rules I set out, but as league organiser I'm willing to bend them in this situation.

So, we will be moving on to Round 12! Good luck everyone... :) :(y)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:00:15 AM by danisthirty »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 8

Started by danisthirty

40 Replies
Last post May 17, 2017, 12:38:28 PM
by danisthirty
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 5

Started by danisthirty

21 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 04:18:46 AM