Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159496 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #2520 on: September 05, 2018, 02:14:07 AM »
Cool beans Franks - Where do you make the time to try all these wonderful games out!

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 05, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
Chartreusito, I've been soooo tempted by 7th Continent but decided to choose between that and Gloomhaven. I chose the later but still hope to get the chance to play someone else's copy of 7th Continent.  >:D

Decar, maybe that was more of a remark that a question  :) 

I don't mind mentioning, and am happy to report, that I started an early retirement about 3 months ago. I now work three days a week and after an initial adjustment to the new schedule and a very long Honey-do list, the extra time off has vastly improved my play time  :)

On top of that, the work group I started has also helped, (and still continues with the new hours). Finally I've been regularly attending local board game meet-up groups. I would recommend any combination of the above to get more games in  :)

Saying all that, I should be honest with myself that I'll probably never get all of my collection played but I'm having fun trying!  ::)  :D
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2522 on: September 06, 2018, 02:07:48 AM »
It was a bit of both to be honest.  I'm always envious of your great selections.
Congrats on an early retirement btw—I have a quite few more years before that's even a consideration!

I've quite enjoyed my romps with 7th Continent, I do think it's slightly too large and more variance would have made replaying sections even more interesting.

I'm starting on a work group, but most people are happy knowing how to play Carcassonne :D

We've started to make a pile of games that have to get played.  Occasionally things break the trend, but we're starting to ditch/sell stuff we're not so fussed with.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2523 on: September 06, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »
Looks like the Postlady left us some nice things today:

Had to get Kingdomino: Age of Giants—It's had some great reviews and don't see it being so cheap at Essen.
Rise of Fenris—Again it's had some good reviews.
Kitchen Rush—Dávid Turczi nailed Anachrony, so I thought I'd give his real-time co-op kitchen mayhem a wild punt.  I watched a video and it looked surprisingly good.  Mrs_Decar loves real-time stuff like Escape and 5-minute dungeon so I'm hoping this won't disappoint.

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #2524 on: September 06, 2018, 03:44:23 PM »
It arrived, thank you very much Dan.  ^-^

I'm still need to add a picture of all what arrived this month. Today I received a board game expansions for Codenames.
Also the Tunnel Tiles for Isle of Skye
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 06, 2018, 07:32:41 PM »
Decar, nice arrivals! I like the idea of Kitchen Rush but would like to try before a buy. Let us know your thoughts, when you get the chance!

Sinscerly, I recently played a great round of Isle of Skye with all mini expansion tiles in and it played really nicely. The tunnel tiles can come in handy! Enjoy!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2526 on: September 07, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »
I'm not sure when I'll get the chance now, I'm away on Sunday for 2weeks!
But I'll report back once we've had a go!

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 07, 2018, 03:58:07 AM »
Looks like the Postlady left us some nice things today:

Had to get Kingdomino: Age of Giants—It's had some great reviews and don't see it being so cheap at Essen.
Rise of Fenris—Again it's had some good reviews.
Kitchen Rush—Dávid Turczi nailed Anachrony, so I thought I'd give his real-time co-op kitchen mayhem a wild punt.  I watched a video and it looked surprisingly good.  Mrs_Decar loves real-time stuff like Escape and 5-minute dungeon so I'm hoping this won't disappoint.

Have you put age of Giants box with the king angels queen boxes? The artwork is a continuous picture across the 3 boxes!
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 13, 2018, 05:09:10 AM »
Just some small additions this time... Last week I received the new Star Realms: Pact Cutter promo cards. Seem to be the first blue/green alliance cards if I recall correctly. (Hence the name maybe?) Then today, on the Kickstarter launch day of Tiny Epic Mechs I received Tiny Epic Zombies!!! I'm really looking forward to play this one with the 5 different play modes. (I also received an e-mail stating my Star Realms: Frontiers pledge finally shipped and I'm hoping for next week for that to arrive.)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 13, 2018, 05:44:36 AM »
Then today, on the Kickstarter launch day of Tiny Epic Mechs I received Tiny Epic Zombies!!! I'm really looking forward to play this one with the 5 different play modes.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, which is made all the more difficult by everyone on Facebook posting about their copies arriving! The timing is perfect though. One person wrote: "So my copy of Tiny Epic Zombies arrived on the exact same day as the new KickStarter for Tiny Epic Mechs went live. Coincidence? I think not!"

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 13, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
Then today, on the Kickstarter launch day of Tiny Epic Mechs I received Tiny Epic Zombies!!! I'm really looking forward to play this one with the 5 different play modes.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, which is made all the more difficult by everyone on Facebook posting about their copies arriving! The timing is perfect though. One person wrote: "So my copy of Tiny Epic Zombies arrived on the exact same day as the new KickStarter for Tiny Epic Mechs went live. Coincidence? I think not!"

Of course I don't believe in coincidences and thus backed Tiny Epic Mechs right away! I hope your copy of TEZ arrives shortly. It's my first game with the ITEMeeples and they look pretty darn cool!

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 17, 2018, 09:01:46 AM »
And look what showed up last Friday: my Star Realms: Frontiers pledge! It's finally here 8)

Just the unpacking and sleeving was quite satisfying... I even got a first play in that evening with two friends.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 17, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »
Wow, that's a whole lot of Star Realms goodness there. Enjoy!

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 21, 2018, 03:49:56 AM »
It's been a good month so far! (I'm keeping the postman busy these days...) Now I need to get Carcassonne: Safari so I can play with the expansion. (Come to think of it, this might be the first time I got an expansion before being able to get the game!  ;D)

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2534 on: September 23, 2018, 10:44:24 AM »
most of you know I've been away.  I've picked up a few goodies on my travels (the lost expedition was here when I got back).

I've also discovered that Root was delivered successfully before I left for my holiday.....apparently...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
Things I love about Carcassonne