Author Topic: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"  (Read 57007 times)

Offline Hylian87

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • The King is dead, long live the King!
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

just wanted to let you know that German retailer Mueller is selling a new Carcassonne box including the original Carcassonne, the expansion "Graf, Koenig & Konsorten" as well what appears to me to be a new version of "Die Katharer" called "Die Belagerer". The tiles are quite different from "Cult, Siege & Creativity".

An employee of Cundco told me a couple of weeks ago that they will re-release "Die Katharer" for "Die Spiel" in Essen and that you will be able to purchase this expansion through the shop afterwards (along with "Die Windrosen). So maybe this is the re-release in question?

Best
Hylian87

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=408.0
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:25:37 AM by Hylian87 »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Hylian87,
please don't use the German Umlaute.

for example: ue - for Mueller - the umlaut don't work here at CarcC.

Offline Hylian87

• Villein
    • View Profile
Thanks kettlefish - I just realized it myself ;) .

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Hello Hylian87 and welcome to the CarcC forum! Thanks for the post of very interesting information. Those tiles look awesome! Thanks!
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Wow, this is good news.  It looks like they might have added the pig to the picture on the front of the box too.
Flee the fleas.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
Wow, this is good news.  It looks like they might have added the pig to the picture on the front of the box too.
How is it good news?

If the only way of getting those new tiles is by buying yet another base game, then it is totally bollocks. That crap was pulled with Wheel of Fortune and the 10 year special edition. One can even count the edition with the first Crop Circles as being the same kind of stunt.

I have said it plenty of times: releasing new stuff paired with old stuff is to spit the fan-base in the face.

We simply do not need more expansion to the bloated experience that is the today's Carcassonne.
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Die Belagerer:
The rules are the same as the Spielbox mini Die Katharer.
Only the tiles have a new design. The new version has 6 tiles and not only 4 tiles.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Hmm. Perhaps the new Spielbox expansion is these six tiles? Or perhaps the Cundco offer will be for these six tiles rather than the old tiles or the whole box. I've already got all these expansions, too, so would rather not buy the box set. However, I'm a completist so I'll need the new tiles, especially since there are six of them.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
How is it good news?

If the only way of getting those new tiles is by buying yet another base game, then it is totally bollocks.

He said it would be offered by Cundco.  I don't sweat that compliation stuff.  I got the Festival by itself and I don't forsee a problem getting this one by itself.  It will be available sooner or later and I won't have to pay $100 for 4 tiles.

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
Thanks for the news... And I find any Carc release news good news. If I had a copy I'd give the base game away to friends to keep the love going

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
Looking forward to getting this from Cundco- I like the artwork (it's kind of a blend of Cathars and Siege).

But at the same time, just when you think you're catching up...

Offline Hylian87

• Villein
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »
@Carcking

Thanks for welcoming me! I really like this forum :) .

I will try to get a response from Cundco to see if this is indeed the version of "Die Katharer" they're going to sell in October. It says "exclusively" on the back of the box, though.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »
He said it would be offered by Cundco.
He did not. Which is also confirmed by his later post:

I will try to get a response from Cundco to see if this is indeed the version of "Die Katharer" they're going to sell in October. It says "exclusively" on the back of the box, though.

Quote from: CKorfmann
  I don't sweat that compliation stuff.  I got the Festival by itself and I don't forsee a problem getting this one by itself.  It will be available sooner or later and I won't have to pay $100 for 4 tiles.
You mean like Wheel of Fortune is available on its own?

That you "don't sweat" it does not mean anything. It is extremely bad marketing and a blatant disregard of  the fan base to release new stuf bundled with old stuff. To force your fans to pay twice for the same stuff is not only stupid and alienating, it is showing disdaine to the people who make your living.

If (and I did say if) this is not made available on its own, I am rather sure I am done with everything Carcassonne forever. They will lose one of their biggest fans. They just keep destroying a game of which I have been very fond. It is not just sad; it is pathetic.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:33:50 AM by Tobias »

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the news... And I find any Carc release news good news. If I had a copy I'd give the base game away to friends to keep the love going
What stops you from buying the base game and give it away now? Would it not be easier to just be able to buy the expansion? Would you prefer that all expansions were sold exlusively with the base game?

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
An employee of Cundco told me a couple of weeks ago that they will re-release "Die Katharer" for "Die Spiel" in Essen and that you will be able to purchase this expansion through the shop afterwards (along with "Die Windrosen). So maybe this is the re-release in question?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
Die Katharer / Die Belagerer - The Rules

Started by kettlefish

8 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 08:09:41 PM