Author Topic: Carcassonne II: The Princess & the Dragon  (Read 43173 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: Carcassonne II: The Princess & the Dragon
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »
Should it ever come to that, I got a few copies if anyone is interested after it's sold out, the Scandinavian edition all in mint condition, for retail price (10 Euro) + shipping. ;)

If only you would sell these at a profit, then that would prove the theory that I just made up that you are the secret trickster mastermind behind all of Carcassonne II!!! Your grand plan was to buy a huge number of copies of the old artwork under the pretence of your world record bid, then convince HiG to introduce new artwork that no one could possibly like, thereby allowing you to sell your old copies at an outrageous price!!

>:D >:D >:D

(Just kidding.)

For that, I have LEGO. :)

I'm a shopoholic and get the thrill of hunting and buying items. The items themselves, especially in duplicates are of no use to me, hence I'm happy to sell them to members at bought price (or part out certain content for free). But this is not definitive. I can easily see myself selling off on eBay for a profit, just that I don't feel like doing so at the moment.  :)
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 05:38:46 PM »
I dread to think how much it might be as it becomes harder to get hold of - have you guys seen how much some folks are prepared to pay for a used copy of P&D at the moment?
£41.00 + £3.99 delivery, and there is still 2 days left!

I don't understand why people are paying this much. It's €10.99 at Cundco.

To order it from Cundco.de and have it shipped to the United States the total price is €35.94, a bit more than I'm willing to spend for it.  I'll probably just wait and get a much cheaper copy of the CII version..... 

.......unless someone is able and willing to ship me a copy for cheaper.  Boardgameshop.eu did have Dutch version (cool pink box)and would have shipped to US for much less, but I didn't order right away and now it is out of stock.
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 05:48:45 PM »
Sadly, this also means that any newer collectors of Carc1 will need to buy P&D now to avoid it also climbing in price (yet again)

Should it ever come to that, I got a few copies if anyone is interested after it's sold out, the Scandinavian edition all in mint condition, for retail price (10 Euro) + shipping. ;)

Hello Paul.  I'd be interested in a copy when it sells out (or even before).  Any idea what it might cost you to ship to USA?  Cundco wants 35.94 euros (10.99+VAT+Shipping) to ship a copy to me.  I've got no idea why they want 25 euros to ship here; I've received similar expansions from sellers in Germany for much cheaper.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 05:58:05 PM »
Sadly, this also means that any newer collectors of Carc1 will need to buy P&D now to avoid it also climbing in price (yet again)

Hello Paul.  I'd be interested in a copy when it sells out (or even before).  Any idea what it might cost you to ship to USA?  Cundco wants 35.94 euros (10.99+VAT+Shipping) to ship a copy to me.  I've got no idea why they want 25 euros to ship here; I've received similar expansions from sellers in Germany for much cheaper.

I can't speak for Germany nor Cundco but let me collect a set of P and D I send a PM when I wake up. 3 am here.  :o

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
Did anyone notice that the rooftops are not Blue??
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Did anyone notice that the rooftops are not Blue??
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Gosh! Now all the sense behind Carc II is gone! Wasn't this the only real reason why they wanted to change the artwork? Blue rooftops?

However, I really can't stand that fairy. It looks just to girly. Actually the whole expansion looks girly. Lots of young ladies will be very disappointed once they find out, that this is not mainly about princesses and fairies...
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 08:21:12 AM »
Lots of young ladies will be very disappointed once they find out, that this is not mainly about princesses and fairies...

I know! I was really disappointed to find no horses in any of the Carcassonne boxes!
Looking at a photo of Carcassonne, I have no idea where blue roofs ever came from either!

:@

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 09:10:55 AM »
I like the idea of big box 6.  As I don't have any of the new artwork sets this would be ideal for me.

Does anyone know if there was to be a major expansion 10 whether it would be produced in both classic and 2015 artworks?
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 02:19:53 PM »

I can't speak for Germany nor Cundco but let me collect a set of P and D I send a PM when I wake up. 3 am here.  :o

Hi Paul,

As one of those "newer collectors of Carc1," I might also be interested in this, depending on the amount for shipping. I'm also in the USA (zip code 91711). That's kind of you to offer to us all. Do you know how much it would be?
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2016, 02:48:47 PM »
Carcassonne II tiles aside, I actually really don't like this cover art. The dragon looks small because of a bad perspective drawing, the fairy looks weird—too large and out of place—and the princess is wearing clothing that just doesn't seem quite right for the implied period of this series. She also is apparently looking at the dragon even thought the dragon clearly has to be quite a ways behind her for  its size to be what it needs to be. And we must remember that the dragon eats people, so she should probably be more concerned (although the fairy IS protecting her, I guess).

Conclusion: Unimpressed with the uninspired cover.

Aren't you thinking about this too logically? I agree it's not as logically formed as Carc1 P&D, but it does look nice and appealing to the average board game player who may have a sudden interest in Carcassonne. It also works well with the new artwork of the other Carc2 expansions
I always think logically, and I really am disappointed with the historical debasement of Carcassonne-related items in recent years. Spin-offs I can handle, but all the Germany-centric Carcassonne expansions are baffling, and on top of that we get non-period artwork on boxes and strange perspectives (although that is unintentionally historical since medieval artists were terrible at perspective art). I was never in love with the old box art, but I feel it made more sense. This one just looks...trashy.

Here's the older box. While nobody is apparently concerned with the large dragon attacking the city, it does look suitably scary and threatening and its size is much larger with at least some implied distance between the minstrel and the dragon. The princess and minstrel are also in period dress. There's no fairy but I don't really think that needs to be shown anyway. The fairy on the new box looks ridiculous.

After careful contemplation, I am willing to take back what I said..........
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 04:30:30 PM »
Why thank you ARabidMeerkat. I'm very glad that despite your rabidity, you are still capable of seeing reason. :@  :(y)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 04:21:26 AM »
Wow: :o

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carcassonne-Expansion-Set-Princess-Dragon/dp/B00NIF04L4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454501183&sr=8-1&keywords=carcassonne+%2Bprincess+%26+Dragon

Still, only £2.80 for UK delivery...
Well, that will obviously never be a realistic price, but it does mean that I might need to act quickly if I want to get some duplicate expansions in the old art for my travel box. 

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:49 AM »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 06:02:03 AM »
Not sure, what the purpose is, probably something about taxes, but I've heard of it before: this type of "offers" are not intended for sale. Normaly, they don't even have the product in stock and therefore set the price on purpose that high.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Must or may - The Princess (The Princess and The Dragon)

Started by Windekind

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
when move the dragon?in the expansion princess and dragon

Started by davide

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2020, 05:41:41 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Carcassonne iOS: Princess & Dragon hidden achievement