Author Topic: Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2017  (Read 25776 times)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
Re: Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2017
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
I'd also like the GQ#11 expansion if there's anybody else who has one available. 

So here's a possible plan, with Dan's approval of course. I have a copy of GQ11 new in bag (although not all of the tiles always want to remain in their spots on the frame, grr). I'd be willing to post that for you if Dan will allow your "pre-claim." Fortunately for Willem, my time machine's not working today and thus I will suffer no temptation to try to rewrite history and beat him to the crop circles. (Although I do suspect that Willem's own time machine must have played a part in my failure to get there first in the prime timeline. Also, which one of you time-traveling pranksters took my banana bread?) Anyway, so instead I guess I would request the Japanese temples, if they're still available.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 11:19:03 PM »
Fortunately for Willem, my time machine's not working today and thus I will suffer no temptation to try to rewrite history and beat him to the crop circles. (Although I do suspect that Willem's own time machine must have played a part in my failure to get there first in the prime timeline. Also, which one of you time-traveling pranksters took my banana bread?)

Well actually, i traveled back to claim Carcassonne Le Sac from Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2021, but my time machine malfunctioned, so i was send back too far.
As i have to wait now for that to come, i figured i could use this time to get my hands on some other stuff. Never thought i would be able to get so many old things, as the market of leipzig and spiel tiles! They are soooo rare in my time ;)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2017, 01:40:06 AM »
Well actually, i traveled back to claim Carcassonne Le Sac from Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2021, but my time machine malfunctioned, so i was send back too far.
As i have to wait now for that to come, i figured i could use this time to get my hands on some other stuff. Never thought i would be able to get so many old things, as the market of leipzig and spiel tiles! They are soooo rare in my time ;)

Welcome to our time Willem! :D

Sadly, I think the only way a Le Sac is ever going to appear in one of my giveaways is if someone I know with a time machine ( ;) ;)) goes back to 2000 and gets a few of them from Essen.

Catch you sooner,
Dan

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2017, 01:45:45 AM »
I'd also like the GQ#11 expansion if there's anybody else who has one available. 

So here's a possible plan, with Dan's approval of course. I have a copy of GQ11 new in bag (although not all of the tiles always want to remain in their spots on the frame, grr). I'd be willing to post that for you if Dan will allow your "pre-claim." Fortunately for Willem, my time machine's not working today and thus I will suffer no temptation to try to rewrite history and beat him to the crop circles. (Although I do suspect that Willem's own time machine must have played a part in my failure to get there first in the prime timeline. Also, which one of you time-traveling pranksters took my banana bread?) Anyway, so instead I guess I would request the Japanese temples, if they're still available.

So you're claiming the Japanese monasteries and offering a copy of GQ11 in its place? And mPony is pre-claiming the GQ11 and offering a set of First Edition rules in French? If so, I'll allow it because it seems like mPony is offering something quite unique that may be of interest to someone...

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2017, 02:49:00 AM »
I'm adding to my Melvis Meeple offer a set of Sailing the Seas labels and rules for anyone who wants to have a go at making a set up. You will just need some blank tiles or card to make your set.

I'm also putting up a Home made La Porxada tile and rules sheet with a second set of Sailing the Seas sheets so that Samuel may make a selection from the list to help boost his collection. I've cleared this with Dan so Samuel, choose away and look at it as a birthday present from all here at Carc C :)
Oooo, look at all the meeples

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2017, 02:53:09 AM »
I'm adding to my Melvis Meeple offer a set of Sailing the Seas labels and rules for anyone who wants to have a go at making a set up. You will just need some blank tiles or card to make your set.

I'm also putting up a Home made La Porxada tile and rules sheet with a second set of Sailing the Seas sheets so that Samuel may make a selection from the list to help boost his collection. I've cleared this with Dan so Samuel, choose away and look at it as a birthday present from all here at Carc C :)

Thanks squiffything. That's very generous of you.

So it's going to be a case of: "La Porxada tile + rules sheet & Sailing the Seas sheets from SamoolSamosa (fulfilled by squiffything)" :D :(y)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2017, 03:58:17 AM »
So you're claiming the Japanese monasteries and offering a copy of GQ11 in its place? And mPony is pre-claiming the GQ11 and offering a set of First Edition rules in French? If so, I'll allow it because it seems like mPony is offering something quite unique that may be of interest to someone...

Jéré or Whaleyland might be interested.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2017, 04:07:28 AM »

Jéré or Whaleyland might be interested.

Indeedly. Although Jéré has already claimed something and Whaleyland hasn't expressed much interest so far...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2017, 04:31:11 AM »
A couple of things to point out:

- In light of the fact that I still have two things to give away (see picture) and that there is also much unclaimed goodness available from many other wonderful people, please note the following rule change:

2. You must already be a member of Carcassonne Central with a post count of 20 10 or more at the time of this post in order to be considered eligible to claim an item. ;)

- If you have claimed something from me then please drop me a PM with your current address. I plan to get most things to the post office at some point next week so it would be good if I can get everything addressed and ready to go this weekend.

- If you have claimed something from someone else, please ensure that you are in communication with them via PM to share your postal address and express gratitude etc.

Many thanks to everyone for your involvement so far! :) :(y)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »
I don't know if Cletus81, has put his copy of the Tunnel for giveaway, if yes I would like to claim that one.

If not I would like to claim the "THE PLAGUE! (with magazine)" from Rosco. I'm Adding to the list, the game CardCassonne(Dutchversion) and the 18 tiles from "De Uitbreiding"(I&C, those without watermarks ;) and I have spare meeples but that I need to look at :-[. but that comes with the 18 tiles  ::) ).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:48:00 AM by sinscerly »
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »
Done!

Offline cletus81

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • updated profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2017, 11:33:28 PM »
I don't know if Cletus81, has put his copy of the Tunnel for giveaway, if yes I would like to claim that one.

Sorry, but this copy of the Tunnel is my best chance to get CSC avoiding to pay an unfair price for a pure completionist's expansion...

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2017, 10:08:58 AM »
Yeah I could understand that. Hopefully you can find one. I only have the second version ::)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
Sorry, but this copy of the Tunnel is my best chance to get CSC avoiding to pay an unfair price for a pure completionist's expansion...

You're trying to turn your Tunnel into a CS&C, while I'm holding onto my CS&C and looking for Crop Circles I ... if we could just find a third person who has the crop circles and wants a Tunnel, we could make one very happy trade-triangle. :)

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2017, 10:52:14 PM »
Samuel has informed me that due to logistic problems, he is unable to claim cardcassonne from sincerely.
He instead will be claiming the windroses 1 from my offer (as we're both UK, it's a bit easier)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2015

Started by danisthirty

107 Replies
Last post August 26, 2016, 07:06:32 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Dan's Spare Bits Giveaway 2016

Started by danisthirty

100 Replies
Last post January 24, 2017, 03:09:21 PM