Author Topic: Defective Carcassonne Star Wars Edition  (Read 2294 times)

Offline asp204

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
Defective Carcassonne Star Wars Edition
« on: December 16, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »
Hello folks! I’m having a bit of trouble with a collectible that I ordered online a few months ago. So I ordered Carcassonne Star Wars Edition (Base Game) on eBay, and it was Factory Sealed. When I received the game, there was a large dent in the bottom left hand corner of the box. “Ok, this is a bit bothersome, but at least the game is playable,” I thought to myself. Nope! Not only did the box have a large dent which loses its collectible value, all of the double sized needles that were supposed to be in the box were missing, rendering the game defective and completely useless. I could honestly cry right now because I am a serious Carcassonne collector, and this game was discontinued recently, so I don’t know how to get the missing parts for it. Is there anything I can do?  :'( There isn’t any room for the attachments to be posted from my iPad, so I will have to post them later.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4161.0

Offline dronedrone

• Vassal
  • Merit: 6
  • Updated my profile have I.
    • View Profile
Re: Defective Carcassonne Star Wars Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 04:39:57 AM »
So I ordered Carcassonne Star Wars Edition (Base Game) on eBay, and it was Factory Sealed...Not only did the box have a large dent which loses its collectible value, all of the double sized needles that were supposed to be in the box were missing, rendering the game defective and completely useless...

Hi - Sorry to hear about your eBay problem.   I see that cundco have the base game for sale for 23.99 Euros, I don't know if they would be sympathetic to your cause and be able to supply the parts you are missing.   It is very frustrating I know but perhaps you can resolve this through the eBay dispute process and get a refund.

I am happy to buy a copy from cundco and ship it to you at cost if that would help.

Keep smiling  :D
The owls are not what they seem

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:27:40 AM »
So I ordered Carcassonne Star Wars Edition (Base Game) on eBay, and it was Factory Sealed...Not only did the box have a large dent which loses its collectible value, all of the double sized needles that were supposed to be in the box were missing, rendering the game defective and completely useless...

Hi - Sorry to hear about your eBay problem.   I see that cundco have the base game for sale for 23.99 Euros, I don't know if they would be sympathetic to your cause and be able to supply the parts you are missing.   It is very frustrating I know but perhaps you can resolve this through the eBay dispute process and get a refund.

+1 to this.

I recently sold a few low-value items through eBay and one item arrived with some very minor dents that had been inflicted while it was in transit. It was still perfectly playable, but the buyer wanted their money back so I refunded it and told him to keep the item as there didn't seem any point incurring any extra cost.

If you don't get what you're paying for, including if something was damaged in transit, eBay are very much on the buyers side and will pursue it for you if you're unhappy with your purchase.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 05:53:02 AM »
If it's still sealed, contact Zman or HiG and ask for replacement double sized needles... (I have no recollection of what that item is).

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 06:36:25 AM »
I assume needle = meeple
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 06:47:27 AM »
Ah, that makes more sense!

I think they should be easy enough to replace.
White, Red, Lime, Orange and Black.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 07:07:01 AM »
I have spare mega meeples, but these colours don't match standard carc unfortunately.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »
And just because there's a hole in the box doesn't meant the pieces were in there in the first place!

Which publisher is your edition from?

Offline Piasekstc

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • To get them all and play them all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 02:20:15 AM »
There is a hole only in a game box or also in a box or bag that Carcassonne came in? 

Publisher mistake can be one thing but if there is something specified missing it can be made by someone in purpose.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:23:47 AM by Piasekstc »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS - Carcassonne Star Wars and Uber Stock und Stein

Started by supertopix

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2016, 05:42:49 AM
by supertopix
xx
carcassonne star wars

Started by oldbonz

8 Replies
Last post August 21, 2019, 05:24:42 AM
by oldbonz
xx
For Sale: Carcassonne Star Wars (The Expansion)

Started by danisthirty

1 Replies
Last post February 28, 2024, 07:24:28 AM
by Maiday
xx
Star Wars Carcassonne Session

Started by Whaleyland

3 Replies
Last post February 15, 2016, 01:51:14 AM
by totor66
clip
WTS - Carcassonne Star Wars and Uber stock und stein