Author Topic: CCDL - Premiership Spring 2019  (Read 19271 times)

Offline JackFace

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • UK Champ 2018 - somehow!
    • View Profile
Re: CCDL - Premiership Spring 2019
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2019, 01:48:55 PM »
Enjoyable game v MrNumbers tonight. I came out 3-2 winner, in match where we both thought i was on for a 5-0, so kudos to MrNumbers for a good comeback.

I think that's all my games in this league. I've really enjoyed it! Thanks all!

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2019, 03:31:24 PM »
Another game in the league:

:violet-meeple: Leven vs :red-meeple: RichTheFish 4:1

A very lucky game for me. I claimed easy 22 points for the big city in the north right after capturing Rich's knight from there. Rich desperately needed the last CFFF tile (to finish his city and to join his farmer to the big farm) but I drew that tile. And thanks to my very last tile I could win in farm points as well.

Thanks for the game, Rich, I wish you more luck in your forthcoming games.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:34:36 PM by Leven »

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2019, 01:59:53 PM »
 :blue-meeple: Thodekey vs  :red-meeple: Rich_The_Fish 4-1

I couldn't blame Lady Luck in this enjoy game.  We played a quite defensive game on both sides, due to the tower expansion.  Some turning points decided the overall score:
- early on, I was able to trap 2 meeples of Rich in one move...Rich could only free both of them with that 1 RFCF-tile from the tower expansion but I drew that one.
- Rich possessed quite late the main farm but I captured his farmer some 10 tiles before the end.  After that, it was a "coin flip" who would take the farm back and again I was lucky
- we both completed 1 cloister, all others weren't scored due to the towers.  In my 2nd last turn, I drew the last cloister tile and placed it somewhere safe from the towers.  If Rich had drawn that tile, we would have won that feature.
- Rich's wife and daughter helped me in distracting Rich from this game (I owe them some beer and treats)  ;)

Good luck with the rest of your games and thank you for the game!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:19:31 AM by thodekey »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2019, 12:31:43 PM »
Is anybody free tonight for a game?
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2019, 12:34:04 PM »
I am.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2019, 12:35:58 PM »
I am in Slack channel.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2019, 02:31:26 PM »
My last game in this league:

:violet-meeple: Leven vs :red-meeple: MrNumbers 5:0

I don't think this result is well-deserved, actually it is quite an unbelievable outcome considering that the final score of the game was 184:160 which is a moderate point difference and it was not a one-sided game at all. Towards the end of the game I managed to join my barn to the main farm (where MrNumbers had deployed his barn early in the game), without that I would have lost both overall points and farm points. I luckily won roads by 1 point, here my experience with tunnels helped me (6th game with this "nasty" expansion – as MrNumbers called it – within a few months, I suppose it matters much).
Thanks for the game, MrNumbers, I know you still have some games left, I wish you more luck in those.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2019, 03:19:53 AM »
I played my match with Rich_The_Fish last night. It's been so long since I last played a match in this league that I'd almost forgotten what my chosen expansion was, and certainly didn't know that Rich had chosen the dreaded "Tower" until he selected it in the pre-game screen!

The game got off to a slow start with the drawing of a couple of early tower tiles meaning there were very few safe spots on the landscape. We both managed to grab a few points here and there, but it wasn't until the landscape had expanded a little that we were able to keep any meeples down for more than a couple of turns. This said, I did manage to generate a decent handful of points from what would have been a 20-point city (if it hadn't been besieged) which gave me a small lead that I was able to hang onto for a little while. Most other city points were generated from quick wins as the threat of being either kidnapped or besieged meant that neither of us were willing to claim many cities unless they could quickly be completed. I won 42 – 34 from city points.

With a completed, besieged city on the board, I launched myself headlong into the farm battle knowing that some if not all of my hopeful farmers would soon be returned to me after having been kidnapped from their strategic positions. Rich fought back here in a battle that raged on for much of the game, but despite numerous tower-related setbacks for both of us, I was eventually able to retain both the north-west and southern farms while Rich kept the north-east farm to himself. I won 48 – 15 from farm points.

The battle for cloister points was not a very high-scoring affair. They appeared to be missing for the early part of the game and I was starting to wonder if the computer had accidentally left them in their box rather than shuffling them in with the rest of the tiles at the start of the game. Rich discarded the first cloister of the game and I was determined not to do the same. However, in my joy at having finally drawn a cloister I made the mistake of putting it next to a besieged city of Rich's that I'd been trying to kill off. This gave him the perfect opportunity to let his knight escape, which he did, and my monk was kidnapped before I'd had the chance to complete it. Doh. Rich grabbed a couple of cloisters later in the game and claimed both even though it was unlikely either of them would be completed. I kidnapped one of his monks shortly before the end of the game, but couldn't get the other, so he won 7 – 0 from cloisters.

There was nothing very remarkable about the roads, other than that we ended up being so close on road points at the end of the game. I hadn't gone out to score points from roads specifically but grabbed an easy 2 or 3 points every now and again if I couldn't think of anything better/ safer. This seemed to be Rich's approach to roads too, but I was pretty sure he'd won them overall when he completed a 9-point road leading down from the fffr cloister instead of claiming the cloister itself. So this turned out to be a very lucky point for me when we saw that I'd beaten Rich in this respect by 23 – 22.

With roads, cities and farms in my favour, the final scores ended up swinging that way too; 113 – 78. This made the final scores 4 – 1 in my favour, although 3 – 2 to either of us seemed equally plausible for the majority of the game.

Thanks very much for the great game Rich!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:28:05 AM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2019, 03:29:42 AM »

Any availability for this evening or later this week?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »
I made a thing:

(don't worry about the numbers in the main part of the grid - they just represent the order in which the games were played)

The important thing to note is that there are still 6 games left to play before Friday!
  • Danisthirty vs. MrNumbers
  • MrNumbers vs. Rich_The_Fish
  • MrNumbers vs. Rosco
  • MrNumbers vs. Thodekey
  • Rich_The_Fish vs. Rosco
  • Rosco vs. Thodekey

Let's do this thing! C:-)

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2019, 08:07:40 AM »
Impressive, Dan!  ^-^

I hereby challenge Mr Numbers and Rosco.
I'm willing to play on these moments:

- thursday evening
- friday evening
- saturday during the day, not in the evening
- sunday during the day or evening
(and yes, Dan, i know that's technically after Friday but hey...living on the edge eh)

Would that work for you gentlemen?

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2019, 08:57:11 AM »
A BIG apology guys! I appear to have stopped getting notification messages about additions to this thread and I was totally unaware that these games had been played. This has made me very happy seeing that the league has not been totally abandoned!!

The up-to-date league table is attached.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2019, 08:59:53 AM »
Thursday would be good for me. 

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2019, 12:56:54 PM »

I am free now.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2019, 03:58:22 AM »

I am free now.

Sorry I missed you last night MrNumbers, but as explained, I was playing my basegame league match against TheSteve. Hoping to catch you tonight though?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CCDL - Championship Spring 2019

Started by TheSteveAllen

12 Replies
Last post April 08, 2019, 05:55:49 AM
by TheSteveAllen
clip
CCDL - Premiership Winter 2018

Started by TheSteveAllen

97 Replies
Last post February 18, 2019, 03:08:31 PM