Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 241564 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
Sounds good to me! I should be available for it...

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
I'm out, again. I just got back from a weekend away and am tired + have things to do. I should be ok for next Sunday though.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
Owing to a combination of factors including children's bedtimes, going to the shop, flat-pack furniture, job applications and a shared laptop it now seems unlikely that I'll be able to take part this evening either. Sorry everyone.  :( :(n)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »
No worries. Hopefully at least 2 more will show up. I'll be in the chat a bit before.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »
I at first had doubt about the signal strength of my modem here, only EDGE. But now, outside of the building on the balcony, it is at least UMTS. So I think, this will be sufficient. I think the new guy from Spain might also join, so we will be at least three. More people always welcomed of course. :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2015, 12:14:29 PM »
Good luck with the game. Hopefully jma03 will be able to join you too...

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »
Jma03 did not show up, but MrNumbers did. It was a great game with T&B, A&M, Besiegers and Phantoms. I got bad luck with the FRRR tiles regarding my farming, Jéré blocked me twice with them (very clever with the one with the roundabout!) and in the end MrNumbers got one, to gain majority on a minor field, I hoped to connect to his barn first. In the end it was very close!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »
Didnt manage to place my barn and thats more or less the difference between the other 2. I need more practice with A&M... I'm sure there will be a A&M League at some point and I shall be ready! :) good game guys! 

Note: Got the achievement for yellow meeple (play a weekly game)! My first but not last ;)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2015, 10:44:38 PM »
Yeah, nice game! My mayor was trapped early in the game in the besieged city, and after Hounk's city became huge, I decided to place my abbey to be able to escape from that besieged city and try to connect to his big city. Although I was in the lead throughout the game, after Hounk closed his huge city with his abbey he became the leader and I should do my best to gain the leadership back. As Hounk already said, I was success in it after taking majority on the minor farm and closing north-east 4-tile city with my last tile (where I accidentally placed thief instead of farmer). Jere, as always, was collecting as many resources as he could, but this led to the situation that he got only 28 points for the cities. In the end he risked to place his barn near mine, hoping to join them (he needed rfrf or fffx tile), but no luck this time.
Side note: I've got a small feeling that Jere didn't know the exact rules of Besiegers expansion: he closed his own city with besieged tile (losing 12 points) and claimed abandoned besieged city late in the game (worth 0 points in the end of the game).
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2015, 11:16:28 PM »
Looks like I missed a very good game!

Side note: I've got a small feeling that Jere didn't know the exact rules of Besiegers expansion: he closed his own city with besieged tile (losing 12 points) and claimed abandoned besieged city late in the game (worth 0 points in the end of the game).

Well done for going easy on him since it was his first weekly game. Oh, no wait...  ::)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
Well done for going easy on him since it was his first weekly game. Oh, no wait...  ::)

I asked Jere before the game, does he know the rules of Besiegers, and the answer was "Yes" :) That is way I'm a little bit confused ???

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2015, 04:08:54 AM »
Side note: I've got a small feeling that Jere didn't know the exact rules of Besiegers expansion: he closed his own city with besieged tile (losing 12 points)
I was wondering about that, too. I would have, if I would have been him, tried to free his phantom on the left and connect another farmer on top of the road. But he got an important cloth because of that, and probably feared, that you would close his city, gaining control of this trade good. So that was probably the purpose, he did this.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2015, 04:23:07 AM »

Jere, as always, was collecting as many resources as he could, but this led to the situation that he got only 28 points for the cities. In the end he risked to place his barn near mine, hoping to join them (he needed rfrf or fffx tile), but no luck this time.

I think you analyse way too much. I'd say I did the best I could with the tiles that I got.
Earlier in the game I wanted to place my barn exactly where you placed yours. You just got a tile that fitted there before I did. Its very simple. After that I couldn't find a proper spot for it until almost the end of the game.

Yes I knew the rules.  Claiming the besieged city worth 0 pts was a mistake.  I closed my city with besieged tile on purpose to get an extra turn with builder with 5 or 6 tiles left in the bag,  hoping to connect my barn and thought losing 12 pts to potentially get 44pts was worth trying.

I have to make a clear statement here (as I feel some people think I'm a "dangerous" player) : 

In the last 3 years, I have played 95% of my games on the iOS platform so that means for any expansions that is not included there, you can consider me as a beginner or a very average player. :)

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 02, 2015, 04:45:08 AM »
WHAT A PITY
PLAY HAS LOVED ME , BUT I WENT TO SEE A SOCCER MATCH .
THESE DAYS WILL BE ON LINE IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO PLAY , AM AVAILABLE .

GREETINGS :meeple:
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #299 on: March 02, 2015, 05:24:50 AM »
This explains much, Jere! :D Thanks for the clarifications! ;)

For me you are, if not dangerous, then at least uncomfortable player: my only losses in group stages (both in World Cup and T&B League) were to you ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The old Carcassone online game...

Started by Reggie777

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2021, 02:58:57 AM
by Sondiana
xx
Connection lost in Online game

Started by Hounk

5 Replies
Last post March 01, 2015, 01:00:53 PM