Poll

What is your favorite New Box Art so Far for CarcII?

Main Game Box
2 (7.1%)
Expansion 1: Inns & Cathedrals
6 (21.4%)
Expansion 2: Traders & Builders
5 (17.9%)
Expansion 3: The Princess & the Dragon
3 (10.7%)
Expansion 4: The Tower
7 (25%)
Expansion 5: The Abbey & the Mayor
0 (0%)
Expansion 6: Count, King & Robber
3 (10.7%)
Expansion 8: Bridges Castles and Bazaars
2 (7.1%)
Expansion 9: Hills and Sheep
0 (0%)
Expansion 10: Manege Frei
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: New Box Art  (Read 4035 times)

Offline GinCarc

• Freeman
  • Merit: 2
  • No other game is like Carcassonne!
    • View Profile
Poll: New Box Art
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:08:39 AM »
Hi, I know there are a lot of haters out there when we talk about the new versions of carcassonne, but I personally like the fresh new look on the boxes. What is your feeling/Opinion?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3134.0
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:11:01 PM by GinCarc »

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Re: New Box Art
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:24:40 AM »
I think the V2 tower box is vastly superior to V1.  I also like the guy chasing the pigs on Traders and Builders, but you can't tell what they are trading and is the guy with the scrolls a builder or a messanger?  The other boxes are much too happy almost in a creepy way. 

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 04:02:29 AM »
I always liked that the game mechanics of every expansion are shown in artwork on front of the box although I still miss the shrines of the heretics (which i didn't find in the old artwork as well).  So, good they kept that concept.
And also in general: thumbs up for always depicting the expansion symbol, and always on the same place...something in which the old artwork failed but maybe that's just me being slightly autistic  :yellow-meeple:

- Main Game Box: I prefer the sight of the old artwork down the castle walls although the new artwork depicts nicely all game mechanics of the base game
- Inns & Cathedrals: hooray for the addition of the cathedral in the back, I missed that one in the old artwork.
- Traders & Builders: nice one, much action with the escaping pig, the trade goods and the overloaded builder
- Princess and Dragon: the scale of the dragon and fairy just don't match.  One plus: they added a volcano in the back.
- The Tower: honestly, I agree it's a better version then the old artwork version.
- Abbey & Mayor: not bad but I have the feeling -could be me- that the Mayor had some barrel of wine too many.
- Count, King and Robber: still miss that shrine of the heretics unless that's the shiny thing on the right of the count?
- Manege frei: a bit early to say as I don't know what's inside that box.  But sea lions and elephants in Carcassonne...just doesn't seem that likely to happen... 

I prefer the artwork of Traders and Builders as I prefer it as an expansion as well.

I think the V2 tower box is vastly superior to V1.  I also like the guy chasing the pigs on Traders and Builders, but you can't tell what they are trading and is the guy with the scrolls a builder or a messanger?  The other boxes are much too happy almost in a creepy way. 

For me, Dirk, the bags in the front ar wheat bags, the barrel to the right might be some wine.  And I hope the guy with the scrolls is a builder otherwise he has lots of messages to deliver. :-)

PS: almost all people and even animals are laughing in the new artwork...didn't know the dark ages were so amusing!  :yellow-meeple:

But still, i will always prefer the old fashioned artwork of version 1.  Can't help it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:09:07 AM by thodekey »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: Poll: New Box Art
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:35 AM »
I also vote for Tower.
BTW, you missed 8th expansion box.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 04:10:03 AM »

For me, Dirk, the bags in the front ar wheat bags, the barrel to the right might be some wine.  And I hope the guy with the scrolls is a builder otherwise he has lots of messages to deliver. :-)

Bags of wheat?  I thought they were pies.   :-[

I also vote for Tower.
BTW, you missed 8th expansion box.
I like the green color of this box.  Something about it just pops.   

Offline Ry4Christ

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:05:21 AM »
Of the choices given, I think I like Expansion 6's box art the most. But my favorite is probably the new box art for "Bridges, Castles, and Bazaars." I honestly don't mind them trying to freshen things up with new box art. It's the new tile art that doesn't look right with the old tiles that bothers me.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 02:53:24 PM »
I like the princess and Dragon, even if it does have a giantess on the front cover.  It's much better than that wooden-hat-wearing man that Dan warned us about!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Favouritism Poll #8 : Large Expansion Box Art (Old Art)

Started by dirk2112

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2017, 07:16:40 AM
by Karcalijn
question
Favouritism Poll #4 : Base Game Box Art

Started by Decar

26 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 11:09:24 PM
by aenima
xx
New Art vs Original Art Dividers