Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 241570 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #645 on: February 19, 2017, 08:12:23 AM »
I think this is not a bug: probably that tile completed also upper cloister with road, and Dan received 9 points exactly for that cloister, not Steve's. According to the rules, there is no need to own a completed feature to receive points for the castle.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Weekly Online Game
« Reply #646 on: February 19, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »
I think this is not a bug: probably that tile completed also upper cloister with road, and Dan received 9 points exactly for that cloister, not Steve's. According to the rules, there is no need to own a completed feature to receive points for the castle.

Ah! That could be a very good explanation. I'd need the other players to confirm that the tile ALSO completed the monastery with road... Because what we see here is the end game situation, so not 100% accurate. But I think you got it.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »

Ah! That could be a very good explanation. I'd need the other players to confirm that the tile ALSO completed the monastery with road... Because what we see here is the end game situation, so not 100% accurate. But I think you got it.

The only thing I can remember is that TheSteveAllen placed the fffr cloister that is within the range of my castle, but he claimed the road so the cloister was left unoccupied. This said, I'm pretty sure that you needed either the ffrr tile with the (2) on it or the ffff cloister next to it to join your double farmer on to my farm (which ended up being your farm) - and the corner road got placed first. Everything else must have already been in place because you used the flier to get into my city and then joined my double-farmer on with a subsequent frfr (straight road) where you placed your own double.

So I think MrNumbers is right and that there was no bug. We just didn't spot it because the completed cloister hadn't been claimed...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 20, 2017, 04:07:43 PM »
I know it's still Monday (or possibly now Tuesday - not sure - I lost track of the time) but Thursday is coming people! Who is going to be around and up for a game this week? 8pm UK time. Be there AND be square... 8)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 23, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
I'll try to pop up today for the weekly game. Maybe nearer the 20h30.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #650 on: February 23, 2017, 11:10:08 AM »
I'm out for tonight. Unpacking boxes instead! emoji code403] emoji code403] emoji code403]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 23, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »
I'm out for tonight. Unpacking boxes instead! emoji code403] emoji code403] emoji code403]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unpack the ones marked toys FIRSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :(y) :(y) :(y)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #652 on: February 23, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »
Unpack the ones marked toys FIRSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :(y) :(y) :(y)

Looks like toys will be last :(

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 02, 2017, 10:55:48 AM »
Tonight I'm home and would probably be available for a game. Although I'm scheduling my Base Game League games with Adrornalin (in possibly aprox. 40 min.) and BC&B League game with SteveAllen (probably after that), there might be some time for a fourth game some time this evening. Anything planned?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 02, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »
I'll be there too but may be up to 10 minutes late. Anyone else joining us?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 09, 2017, 10:27:13 AM »
Is there some game planned for tonight?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #656 on: March 09, 2017, 10:50:18 AM »
Is there some game planned for tonight?

I'm not sure but if there is, I'm interested too.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 09, 2017, 11:53:10 AM »
I'm in chat now, just in case.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 09, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
Grabusha invited me for a game of 7 Wonders Duel... Couldn't refuse :)

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 09, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »
Well, how it started?  I was sitting in the BCB-castles-league-waitingroom but my challengers were occupied and so I kinda got involved in a 4-player-weekly-game which -spoiler alert- I managed to win in the end.  Jungleboy and Hounk dragged me into the game -although they didn't had to convince me a lot- and Pawel W. joined in on the last moment as well.
We played the base game, traders & builders and the River II.  After placing the river and starting a 3-way-coalition on the road along the river, no meeples were trapped in the beginning.  Then I took the risk of building a large city in the center with my builder in it.  Some efforts to trap that builder were made but by some handy (or should I say "lucky?) tiles, I managed to close it which gave me a first point advantage and the lead in some trade goods.  Meanwhile, Jungleboy and Hounk started claiming the two main farm fields N & S of the river.  By laying one tile, Hounk claimed the farms south of the river and trapped a meeple of both Jungleboy and Pawel W. & trapped also the builder of Pawel W.  With a straight road, I managed to trap one meeple of Hounk in a cloister and avoiding him from joining another farmer to the southern field.
Meanwhile, enters my big city number two in the NE.  Hounk saw the opportunity in it and joined.  I tried to take over again but after a while I thought it was better to share it and thus close it.  It was a coin-flip between me and Hounk who would close that mega-city and with that claim the majority in both wheat and wine trade goods.  It was me in the end who closed it and by doing that I got a lead in all 3 of the trade goods. 
Through all that city-building, I was limping behind in the large farmer fields but the tile-fairy was good to me in a way I could tie with Hounk in the southern field.  By plane stupidity (I haven't got an other word for it), I thought I shared the northern field with Jungleboy and placed my pig in that field with the last tile of the game...let's say I've had better ideas in my life.  Luckily it wouldn't make a difference in the end.

That's all, folks! Or almost all: thanks to Hounk, Jungleboy and Pawel W. for the game with a nice tempo.  And what concerns that BCB-league game, Mr.Numbers and Leven...that'll be for another day.

Cheers!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM
by Paul
clip
JCZ 3.1.1 Online Game Error Report

Started by rfielder

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 05:24:46 PM