Author Topic: Easter Mini Quiz 2020  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Mini Quiz 2020
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
Hello, C1 die-hard stranger! You participating too?  ;)
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 11:15:23 AM »
Of course!!  ;D
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 03:47:23 PM »
Hi there!

Feel free to participate in this tiny quest (send me a PM or feel free to post here).

I will be posting the solution this Sunday evening.

Cheers!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
Hi all,

I hope you all enjoyed Easter.

Thank you all for participating in this tiny quiz. I will proceed with the solution below.

Best wishes and stay in good health!

NOTE: This answer is now outdated. Please check this post below for the most latest information.
https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4590.msg80349#msg80349

Please help the Easter Bunny to score this turn so they all can go hunting for some Easter eggs together. The situation is this:
* The Blue Abbot is on a monastery and the fairy is assigned to it.
* The Blue player player places a new Halfling and completes a city
* Later the Blue Abbot is removed and scored and the Blue Phantom is placed on the Halfling just placed.

The Easter Bunny would like to apply the new rules for C2 Halfling just published by HiG. Can you tell how many points does the Blue player score in each round of scoring this turn?

Please post you answers here!

Note: I'm using my C1 Halflings just waiting for my brand new C2 Halflings to arrive...  O0

The following table summarizes the result for the 3 scoring rulesets for scoring Halflings.
* Rules from 2014 (possibly misinterpreted due to the lack of details in the rules):
   - Monasteries: 1 or 2 triangles in a square space score as 1 tile for monasteries
   - Roads and cities: no details provided so the the rules for monasteries were considered for these features too (possibly misinterpretation).
* Rules based on clarifications from 10/2015:
   - Roads, cities and monasteries: triangular tiles are considered individually for the scoring of these features, no matter they may share the same square space.
* Rules from 2020 (revisiting the rules from 2014, with some more details in some areas)
   - Monasteries: 1 or 2 triangles in a square space score as 1 tile for monasteries, so they consider occupied spaces.
   - Roads and cities: are scored as per the normal rules. If so, triangular tiles are considered individually for the scoring of these features.

The table details the rounds and steps involved in the scoring but as you can see there is a mismatch with vineyards and the fairy as they are bonus points that would be misplaced if applied to the Abbot. The quiz was testing several aspects:
* How to score features: Results vary in this case depending on the rules for Halflings being applied.
* When happens the scoring: This is important to decide what bonus points are applicable.

Nasty, huh?

Round /
Step

Element

C1 Rules 2014
(misinterpreted?)

C1 Clarifications
from 10/2015

C2 Rules 2020
(rules from 2014 revisited)

Comments
Round #1A

Step 1A

Fairy assigned to abbot
1 point
1 point
1 point
[1]
Round #2

Step 2B-1 Abbot removed
8 points (1 point per space with
1 or 2 tiles (or half) in the vicinity,
including the monastery)
10 points (1 point per tile)
8 points (1 point per occupied
square space in the vicinity
including the monastery)
[2]
Step 3B Vineyard adjacent to monastery
N/A
N/A
N/A
[3]
Step 3B

Fairy assigned to abbot
N/A
N/A
N/A
[4]
Round #3

Step 3B City scored by phantom
4 points (2 tiles, one with 2 triangles)
6 points (3 tiles)
6 points (3 tiles)
[5]
Total
13 points
17 points
15 points

Some comments to each row here:

[1] The standard 1-point fairy bonus is applied at the beginning of Blue's turn. The fairy was assigned to the abbot in a previous turn.

[2] Blue's abbot is placed on an incomplete monastery (on 1 square tile) surrounded by 9 additional tiles occupying 7 square spaces:
   - 2 square tiles
   - 6 triangular tiles in 3 square spaces
   - 1 double-sized tile occupying 2 adjacent square spaces to the monastery
Just remember we are removing and scoring the abbot. This means we are scoring a figure, not the feature. This action takes place in phase 2. Placing a meeple. And regular feature scoring is performed later in phase 3. Scoring a feature.

[3] The vineyard bonus is applied to monasteries when completed and scored in phase 3. Scoring a feature. As mentioned in note [2], this is not the case, since we are scoring a figure earlier, not a feature. Therefore, the vineyard bonus cannot be applied to the scoring of Blue's abbot.

[4] The fairy 3-point bonus is applied to assigned meeples on features scored in phase 3. Scoring a feature. As mentioned in note [2], this is not the case, since we are scoring a figure earlier, not a feature. Therefore, the fairy scoring bonus cannot be applied to the scoring of Blue's abbot.

[5] The completed city scored by Blue's phantom has 3 tiles:
   - 1 square tile
   - 2 triangular tiles sharing the same square space
Depending on the rules applied for Halflings, the scoring will differ.

What do you think of all the tricky details hidden in these few tiles?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:33:19 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 02:50:50 AM »
I prefer the rules with 2015's clarifications. These rules will never die!! ;D HiG when do you say something about that?? C2 will keep  the old rules too or not???

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2020, 04:44:54 AM »
You should send Georg Wild some flowers for those clarifications...

Why would HiG stick to the original rules plus some updates?... I wonder... >:D 

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 05:29:52 AM »
Here you are an update to this answer to reflect the latest rules for C1 (short for the classic edition) after the clarifications from 10/2015 and C2 (short for the new edition) after the clarifications from 1/2021.
* The C1 rules consider each tile individually no matter their shape, so two Halflings in a square count like 2 tiles.
* The C2 rules consider occupied spaces when scoring features, so two Haflings in a square count like 1 tile.

Please help the Easter Bunny to score this turn so they all can go hunting for some Easter eggs together. The situation is this:
* The Blue Abbot is on a monastery and the fairy is assigned to it.
* The Blue player player places a new Halfling and completes a city
* Later the Blue Abbot is removed and scored and the Blue Phantom is placed on the Halfling just placed.

The Easter Bunny would like to apply the new rules for C2 Halfling just published by HiG. Can you tell how many points does the Blue player score in each round of scoring this turn?

Please post you answers here!

Note: I'm using my C1 Halflings just waiting for my brand new C2 Halflings to arrive...  O0

The following table summarizes the result for the 2 scoring rulesets for scoring Halflings.
* C1 rules based on the clarifications from 10/2015:
   - Roads, cities and monasteries: triangular tiles are considered individually for the scoring of these features, no matter they may share the same square space (features score according to actual number of tiles no matter their shape).
* C2 rules based on the clarifications from 1/2021 (possibly the origianl intent for 2014 too):
   - Roads, cities and monasteries: 1 or 2 triangles in a square space score like 1 tile (features score according to occupied spaces).

The table details the rounds and steps involved in the scoring but as you can see there is a mismatch with vineyards and the fairy as they are bonus points that would be misplaced if applied to the Abbot. The quiz was testing several aspects:
* How to score features: Results vary in this case depending on the rules for Halflings being applied.
* When happens the scoring: This is important to decide what bonus points are applicable.

Nasty, huh?

Round /
Step

Element

C1 Rules

C2 Rules

Comments
Round #1A

Step 1A

Fairy assigned to abbot
1 point
1 point
[1]
Round #2

Step 2B-1 Abbot removed
10 points (1 point per tile)
8 points (1 point per occupied
square space in the vicinity
including the monastery)
[2]
Step 3B Vineyard adjacent to monastery
N/A
N/A
[3]
Step 3B

Fairy assigned to abbot
N/A
N/A
[4]
Round #3

Step 3B City scored by phantom
6 points (3 tiles)
4 points (2 tiles, one with 2 triangles)
[5]
Total
17 points
13 points

Some comments to each row here:

[1] The standard 1-point fairy bonus is applied at the beginning of Blue's turn. The fairy was assigned to the abbot in a previous turn.

[2] Blue's abbot is placed on an incomplete monastery (on 1 square tile) surrounded by 9 additional tiles occupying 7 square spaces:
   - 2 square tiles
   - 6 triangular tiles in 3 square spaces
   - 1 double-sized tile occupying 2 adjacent square spaces to the monastery
Just remember we are removing and scoring the abbot. This means we are scoring a figure, not the feature. This action takes place in phase 2. Placing a meeple. And regular feature scoring is performed later in phase 3. Scoring a feature.

[3] The vineyard bonus is applied to monasteries when completed and scored in phase 3. Scoring a feature. As mentioned in note [2], this is not the case, since we are scoring a figure earlier, not a feature. Therefore, the vineyard bonus cannot be applied to the scoring of Blue's abbot.

[4] The fairy 3-point bonus is applied to assigned meeples on features scored in phase 3. Scoring a feature. As mentioned in note [2], this is not the case, since we are scoring a figure earlier, not a feature. Therefore, the fairy scoring bonus cannot be applied to the scoring of Blue's abbot.

[5] The completed city scored by Blue's phantom has 3 tiles:
   - 1 square tile
   - 2 triangular tiles sharing the same square space
Depending on the rules applied for Halflings, the scoring will differ.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Easter Bunny Quiz 2022

Started by Meepledrone

16 Replies
Last post June 12, 2022, 12:04:03 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Little Summer Quiz 2020

Started by Meepledrone

85 Replies
Last post September 26, 2020, 11:53:25 PM