Author Topic: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition  (Read 56985 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2021, 06:13:12 AM »
Looks like a great addition to the Carcassonne family.

I agree. The content certainly sounds worthwhile. Looking forward to hopefully getting my hands on this as long as it isn't too limited and is available in the UK!

Anyway publishing date is 25th May 2021 (not 2020 as mentioned before ;-D)

Very good of them to publish something on our kittens' first birthday! :) :(y)

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2021, 06:18:22 AM »
Maybe the five brand new river tiles and the 15 20th anniversary tiles are on 1 sheet - together these are 20 tiles. I think the 5 river tiles should also be anniversary tiles ...

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2021, 06:18:45 AM »
I've always thought that UV/gloss tiles would be nice, uplifting the roads and buildings.

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2021, 06:40:01 AM »
...and detailed easter-eggs are a special asset for all fans.

What do they mean with detailed easter-eggs?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2021, 06:42:20 AM »
Looking at the images, I'm hoping for more Wimmelbilder style components. As opposed to references to Stone Age and other HiG games.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »
20 years of carcassonne wasted in an edition that surely the box is very beautiful but the interior is not remarkable ... They have also released the festival 20 hahaha Everything completely predictable. Stickers for meeples again?
I still have some hope for the rest of the 20th anniversary stuff ... Will I have to wait for a really special 100th anniversary limited edition? Or will it remain the same with festival 100?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2021, 07:45:48 AM »
Seems like you're on the wrong forum DrMeeple.  HiG is very aware of people's financial burdens and the value for money that their games provide.  I see this as a very nice set for those who collect everything, and potentially families or new comers to Carcassonne.  It's a shame you feel so negatively about it.

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 108
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2021, 08:22:42 AM »
I have the impression that for some it smacks of disappointment

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2021, 08:27:36 AM »
20 years of carcassonne wasted in an edition that surely the box is very beautiful but the interior is not remarkable ... They have also released the festival 20 hahaha Everything completely predictable. Stickers for meeples again?
I still have some hope for the rest of the 20th anniversary stuff ... Will I have to wait for a really special 100th anniversary limited edition? Or will it remain the same with festival 100?

Admittedly I've only been playing Carcassonne since July 2012, but compared to most other special releases I've seen over that time I'd say that this one is actually quite remarkable if the contents list we've seen so far are as described. It would be unremarkable if it was just a special edition of the basic game with no additional content, or maybe a re-release of something we already knew about.

It might not meet some of the expectations that some people had, but most of those were never going to happen for various reasons that you can find if you explore back through some of the previous threads we've had here whenever anything new is released. With this in mind, I'm quite surprised that it includes a new version of the River ("River 4" or "River 1c"?) with extra tiles AND a new mini expansion. The special meeples are a bit of a novelty, maybe not worth much to those who are looking specifically for new content but a nice touch nonetheless. And the special finish on the tiles and hidden easter eggs? Hmm. I don't know. But I'm intrigued!

To say that it's 20 years of Carcassonne wasted is quite a big thing, and potentially quite hurtful to the people who have worked on bringing this new box to market. We all had/ have different expectations; just because yours weren't met doesn't mean it wasn't a worthwhile venture or something that the majority of fans might enjoy owning.

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2021, 08:37:49 AM »
  • 5 brand new river tiles.

Why 5? It has to be 6 or 12 (when printing 6 tiles per sheet like standard tile distribution) or 4 or 8 (when printing 4 tiles per sheet like 10th anniversary)
Not exactly sure why 5 specifically but together with the 15 tile anniversary-mini-expansion that makes 20 in total and 10. Under The Big Top was also 20 tiles.

I can't remember now what the punch board arrangement was for that when I opened it. Can anyone else?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:39:54 AM by cicerunner »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2021, 08:40:05 AM »

Admittedly I've only been playing Carcassonne since July 2012, but compared to most other special releases I've seen over that time I'd say that this one is actually quite remarkable if the contents list we've seen so far are as described. It would be unremarkable if it was just a special edition of the basic game with no additional content, or maybe a re-release of something we already knew about.

It might not meet some of the expectations that some people had, but most of those were never going to happen for various reasons that you can find if you explore back through some of the previous threads we've had here whenever anything new is released. With this in mind, I'm quite surprised that it includes a new version of the River ("River 4" or "River 1c"?) with extra tiles AND a new mini expansion. The special meeples are a bit of a novelty, maybe not worth much to those who are looking specifically for new content but a nice touch nonetheless. And the special finish on the tiles and hidden easter eggs? Hmm. I don't know. But I'm intrigued!

To say that it's 20 years of Carcassonne wasted is quite a big thing, and potentially quite hurtful to the people who have worked on bringing this new box to market. We all had/ have different expectations; just because yours weren't met doesn't mean it wasn't a worthwhile venture or something that the majority of fans might enjoy owning.

And we may like it or not, but apparently, the tiles have a really nice look with a lot of details !  :yellow-meeple:

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2021, 08:45:55 AM »
to be or not to be a meeple, that is the question

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2021, 08:59:39 AM »
All these additions and new treats sound awesome, even if it is a tweaked base game with a new mini expansion. HiG has always tried to innovate with Carcassonne since its inception. Starting with the the gameplay and the invention of the meeple. A board game without a proper board. All this turned it into an instant classic  ;)

Some later additions have been memorable and some others Razzie Award winners (The Catapult anyone?)... But if you don't take risks and try new things, you'll never learn or improve.

Eveyone has their preferences, but I agree with Dan about separating personal taste from the appreciation of the hard work HiG are doing in order to celebrate their huge hit with so much anticipation and great care.

DrMeeple may be dissappointed because he was dislikes C2 (although I think he likes the Spiel tiles >:D) and he was hoping for a C3 version with an artwork closer to C1... Sorry, too soon for an artwork update.

But I think that everyone will appreciate the results of all these efforts in the end. I just wish HiG the best and hope that they keep us happy and gladly surprised with their new Cacassonne releases for many years to come.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline carlium

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 25
  • I haven't updated my profile yet! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »
Yeah those tiles look pretty nice, I want to see the new details in River 4  >:D >:D  I hope ZMan will be able to distribute it in the U.S.

About new cutting issues, I think those are minor issues that do not diminish the work of all people involved in HiG. BTW, after talking with Freddy and Johannes, they let me know that people in HiG are aware of those issues and they are discussing about them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:17:41 AM by carlium »

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »
we can be sure that the tiles will be successful

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne 20th anniversary edition 2021

Started by Christianmocking

10 Replies
Last post January 16, 2021, 05:48:06 AM
by Decar
xx
20th Anniversary edition speculation #2

Started by gabrielgeek

31 Replies
Last post April 20, 2021, 03:32:33 AM