Author Topic: The best color matching of carcassonne tiles after almost 20 years for C1  (Read 7272 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The best color matching of carcassonne tiles after almost 20 years for C1
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 12:09:20 PM »
He seems to be very busy these days... We'll have to be patient.  ???
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
A bit of a gravedig for this post but I came to different configurations by looking at my tiles and I thought it could interest some people

I decided to exclude the middle green tiles for my search, in a collector point of view it makes sense but I would like to have nice maps with same shade, and everything from that possibility could be had having the lighty green version or the dark version.

The only black point to that is the GQ 11, I have to admit it is really neither light nor dark, but really medium, it would blend better with dark tiles I think but just my opinion

I noticed that the tiles from the BB4 with the 7 Miniz from german publisher are really darker than most of the tiles and they fit really good with all darker expansions

Does anyone know of any versions of a publisher having darker tiles ? At best I would like to have the maximum of tiles with the darker grass

Thanks for your help :)
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
I have stuff from Rio Grande, Zman, Giochi Uniti, Devir, Hobbyworld, HIG,and 999 Games.  The only dark tiles I have came from HIG, Spielbox, and the minis from BB4.  Everything else matches close enough. 

Offline unclewill

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Thanks DrMeeple, this is really useful for someone starting out with C1. It gives a really clear guide on what to look out for and what options there are.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
A bit of a gravedig for this post but I came to different configurations by looking at my tiles and I thought it could interest some people

I decided to exclude the middle green tiles for my search, in a collector point of view it makes sense but I would like to have nice maps with same shade, and everything from that possibility could be had having the lighty green version or the dark version.

The only black point to that is the GQ 11, I have to admit it is really neither light nor dark, but really medium, it would blend better with dark tiles I think but just my opinion

I noticed that the tiles from the BB4 with the 7 Miniz from german publisher are really darker than most of the tiles and they fit really good with all darker expansions

Does anyone know of any versions of a publisher having darker tiles ? At best I would like to have the maximum of tiles with the darker grass

Thanks for your help :)
BB4 has dark green tiles like castles or monasteries in Germany? I’m interested in some pictures of the tiles! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Thanks DrMeeple, this is really useful for someone starting out with C1. It gives a really clear guide on what to look out for and what options there are.
I made some upgrades for my post you can take a look if you want. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
What is your best matching pair of expansions

Started by asparagus

14 Replies
Last post July 12, 2014, 04:01:34 PM
by asparagus
xx
25 years 999games - Election for their best game

Started by SRBO

2 Replies
Last post November 18, 2015, 11:24:45 AM
by SRBO
xx
Carcassonne V2 tiles not matching V2 expansions

Started by Danci

12 Replies
Last post January 04, 2017, 07:33:34 AM
by Decar
xx
What would you consider the best expansion tiles? Specifically the tiles.

Started by Clarky

9 Replies
Last post February 15, 2018, 06:12:22 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Games Quarterly Expansion - how to recognize the tiles after a game

Started by thodekey

12 Replies
Last post January 28, 2017, 12:04:26 PM
by Halfling