Author Topic: Jubilee Speculation Thread  (Read 16594 times)

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 10:42:07 PM »
I'm having a thought about the 15 new tiles for the special expansion...beyond the extended river tiles. So, the picture shows that it looks like there will be some festival tiles. The last two festivals both added 10 tiles each, but the description says 15....so maybe 10 festival plus something else??? -  :pink-meeple:

So for some reason I interpreted “anniversary-mini-expansion” as the Festival tiles we’ve seen with 10yr and 15yr, but maybe it’s not a Festival pack this time?? I mean, going with their theme, we gotta expect a 20yr Festival, but maybe that’s not this pack? Ugh, now I’m back on the “this might be worth it” train  ::) :neutral-meeple:

Also, hearing the news from Z-Man and their delay, maybe I might just get a German copy - this community has been fantastic with translation  8)
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 10:47:14 PM »
It's 15 tiles instead of 10 for festival, so it's either a different festival, either a new mini  :D

I'll definitely buy a German copy and not wait for a French release (I'm not even sure if there will be a French release, and if there's one, it's still going to take even more time to be available in Switzerland)  :yellow-meeple:

I'm gonna train my rusted German a little bit  ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:36:30 PM by Decar »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 10:56:38 PM »
Oh, it could also be... 11th expansion with 15 tiles  :D :D :D

But I don't think so  :-\

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 07:37:42 AM »
Why does everybody think it is a festival?  :o Because of the little guy running around with a 20 flag? That is most likely just one of the easter eggs mentioned, not the expansion.
The first festival had 10 tiles because it was 10th anniversary, 15th anniversary didn't have 15 tiles but still 10, and was essentially a reprint for CII. It wouldn't make sense for it to be 15 tiles if they finally decided to update the tile count, and we already have CII festival anyway. And if you say it is really 20 tiles becuse of 5 extra river tiles, that doesn't make sense either, because who would make use of 5 festivals on the river at the beginning of the game?

I think it is something new, or CII reprint of something which we haven't seen.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 09:24:54 AM »
Maybe a pictorial representation of my speculation would work best
1) 5 new river tiles
2) ten 20th festival tiles (yea because of the flag) and yes 10 because last two festivals were ten tiles
3) 5 still as yet unexplained new mini-expansion tiles

But it’s all speculation

Offline MeepleFriend

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • You haven't updated your profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 09:58:52 AM »
We need a poll ;)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 10:06:23 AM »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 11:31:34 AM »
I agree. No festival...

And there is no 15-tile C1 expansion as far as I remember...  >:D

It is something new.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2021, 12:54:44 AM »
I still hope that, despite the necessary and actually probably very nice festival looking, these 15 tiles are two "something else" miniexpansions. There were already two editions of The Festival and frankly, while routinely mixing F10 or F15 into the play tiles, we very seldom actually use the mechanics. To me, yet another version of The Festival would be a dissapointment.

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2021, 08:49:05 AM »
I'm having a thought about the 15 new tiles for the special expansion...beyond the extended river tiles. So, the picture shows that it looks like there will be some festival tiles. The last two festivals both added 10 tiles each, but the description says 15....so maybe 10 festival plus something else??? -  :pink-meeple:

So for some reason I interpreted “anniversary-mini-expansion” as the Festival tiles we’ve seen with 10yr and 15yr, but maybe it’s not a Festival pack this time?? I mean, going with their theme, we gotta expect a 20yr Festival, but maybe that’s not this pack? Ugh, now I’m back on the “this might be worth it” train  ::) :neutral-meeple:

Why does everybody think it is a festival?  :o Because of the little guy running around with a 20 flag? That is most likely just one of the easter eggs mentioned, not the expansion.
The first festival had 10 tiles because it was 10th anniversary, 15th anniversary didn't have 15 tiles but still 10, and was essentially a reprint for CII. It wouldn't make sense for it to be 15 tiles if they finally decided to update the tile count, and we already have CII festival anyway. And if you say it is really 20 tiles becuse of 5 extra river tiles, that doesn't make sense either, because who would make use of 5 festivals on the river at the beginning of the game?

I think it is something new, or CII reprint of something which we haven't seen.

Looking at those tile images I agree that the group with the guy carrying the 20 flag is possibly an Easter egg.. That group could almost be construed as Peasant Revolts trigger.

The party tables depicted on that tile and the city tile behind it are the more likely indicators for the anniversary expansion tiles I feel - if of course they are not just Easter Eggs too - They do however fit with a festival or celebratory theme, which of course is still appropriate for an anniversary.

More specifically though, they look like represent a Street Party or Straßenfest (and personally I quite like that as an expansion name, especially in German).  Street Parties in the UK are typically held for things like Coronations or Jubilees although they are 5 years early for calling it a jubilee*, aesthetically speaking, it should be a 25th anniversary (in English anyway, I have no idea if that applies in German, see below**)

Hopefully it will have a unique mechanic in addition to a unique name, rather than just being Festival 20.

The premium box contains the base game, as well as the mini-expansions “the river” (with 5 brand new river tiles), “the abbot” and an “anniversary-mini-expansion” (consisting of 15 never-before-seen tiles).

In der edlen Box kommt das Grundspiel, sowie die Mini-Erweiterungen „Der Fluss“ (mit zusätzlichen 5 ganz neuen Fluss-Plättchen) , „der Abt“ , sowie eine „Jubiläumsmini-Erweiterung“ (bestehend aus bisher nicht dagewesenen 15 Plättchen).

The quote appears clear that the 15 tiles belong to the mini expansion so I do not think we are getting 2 minis here (bar the 5 extra river).  I do hope however that “anniversary-mini-expansion” / „Jubiläumsmini-Erweiterung“ isn't the actual name of the expansion, I like my idea better  :P  :D

* [Subject to how well it translates***] Part Prediction / Part Suggestion for 5 years time  ;)  Watch this space  ;D

** Translations according to Google

English to German
Street Party  =   Straßenfest
Jubilee         =   Jubiläum
Anniversary  =   Jahrestag

German to English
Straßenfest   =  Street Party
Jubiläum       =  Anniversary
Jahrestag      =  Anniversary

*** Shucks  ::)

Speculation is fun  ;D

This appears to be coming out at wrong time of the year but Oktoberfest would be another good name and potentially fun theme for a mini (or homebrew)  expansion (Carcassonne for Adults comes to mind lol).

Kind Regards,
 :violet-meeple:
PM
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:00:27 AM by PurpleMeeple »
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline Gagoune

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
  • To place or not to place...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »
I think this anniversary expansion could also use the Watertowers  those pictures are not already officially used in any expansion, right ?

I don't think a new festival could fit their way of re-print C1 exps... Do we have 2 C1 Minis that have got 15 tiles when you add their tiles ? (and those two mminis should be related because they do ptell about it as only one expansion !)

No, in my opinion, a brand new C2 expansion (that could also fit as a 11th Exp.  O:-) )...

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2021, 02:02:38 AM »
20 tiles, with the extra river tiles included, could be enough for an 11th expansion however some sort of new ‘wood’ would be in order, be it a new meeple / follower type(s) or something akin to bridges / tower floors / dragon & fairy / count.

This of course opens a whole other avenues of speculation to partake in :) 20th anniversary does seem an ideal time to add the 20th meeple to the set (‘full’ sets currently being 19 meeple (sans phantoms anyway), but what might it/they be?

If the theme is still along lines of festival / celebration then the previous anniversary mini expansions stayed as just that and did not subsequently become part of a boxed expansion, so if 11th expansion is on the cards this year then that could be entirely new content (like Under The Big Top).

Also I recon 20th Anniversary is a good time to have another Carcassonne related Spiel Doch with a new bonus (micro?) expansion - the two 'Spiel' 'Doch' tiles might seem a bit meh but I actually quite like the Labyrinth :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:40:48 AM by PurpleMeeple »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 09:47:48 PM »
I hope that's just an overly stylised image because the river water looks like a really bad Photoshop embossing filter. And I'm not a fan of the huge 20 on top of the hill. I like the concept, though. If this is real, it seems to suggest that one of the new River tiles will be a second lake tile (or something equivalent). The real question is: does this count as one or two tiles in the "5 new River tiles" number?

If this tile is real...

We'll be able to ask HiG about interraction of double tiles with every major AND minor expansions  :D

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 11:37:07 PM »
I'm assuming whoever finishes that road will get 20 points.

It seems like they're addressing some of the issues with rivers creating large farms too.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 12:45:02 AM »
@Meepledrone: NEw we know why was Johanes from HiG so kindfull and made clarrification about double tiles. One is part of 20th anniversary edition so whey have to update rules for this.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Festivals' differences (cundco.de and jubilee)

Started by Caciej

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2017, 12:55:28 PM
by Mikeagan
xx
2017 Big Box - content speculation

Started by jungleboy

33 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 02:44:20 AM
by Decar
xx
20th Anniversary edition speculation #2

Started by gabrielgeek

31 Replies
Last post April 20, 2021, 03:32:33 AM
by corinthiens13
clip
Speculation: What will be next product for 20 years of Carcassonne?

Started by Bumsakalaka

48 Replies
Last post May 07, 2021, 10:54:01 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Rules Questions for Hans im Glueck Thread

Started by Whaleyland

48 Replies
Last post December 18, 2014, 01:45:15 PM
by obervet