Author Topic: Basegame League - Round 13  (Read 11832 times)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Basegame League - Round 13
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 12:12:54 AM »
Rich_the_fish - we need to play but I am on holiday.  A friend here has internet but I would need a specific time to use it.  Today or tomorrow, during the day?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
Game 1: Leven  :violet-meeple: 72 :  78 :red-meeple: khalidqasrawi
Game 2: khalidqasrawi 100 : 86  :violet-meeple: Leven

So I promised to write up this game and now that 4 days have passed, I'm afraid that the write up is not going to be timely enough for me to accurately reflect my feelings as I was making the moves.  Too bad and sorry to you Leven for not giving you my thoughts earlier.  This is the best commentary I can provide at the moment.

Game 1:  I don't remember much.  I don't know why Leven added that farmer on the RFFF cloister at the top.  I know I was trapped early on.  Looking at the final position, it's interesting to note that there is only one wasted meeple (Leven had one in his hand).  I do remember waiting all game for a CFRR to finish my cloister and city but it never came.  I do remember Leven started really conservatively and I was quite aggressive in terms of placing meeples and that I think his careful set of entrapments should have gained him a victory. 

Game 2: We swapped strategies for this game.  Leven was being much more aggressive and quite early tried to glom onto the road at the bottom and spend the entire game waiting for a RRFF which never came (I drew at least 4 more).  I think at about 20 tiles to go I started throwing men onto the farm.  Leven got equal but needed the win.

Thanks for the games.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »
Rich_the_fish - we need to play but I am on holiday.  A friend here has internet but I would need a specific time to use it.  Today or tomorrow, during the day?

Hi Rosco. Just seen msg. Glad you might be able to play before you get back next week, but unfortunately I can't do during the day during the week as I'll be at work. Are you available in the evening at all?
Cheers, Rich.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
Probably not but if I can I will be in the chat room.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 01:16:28 AM »
Game 1:  I don't remember much.  I don't know why Leven added that farmer on the RFFF cloister at the top.  I know I was trapped early on.  Looking at the final position, it's interesting to note that there is only one wasted meeple (Leven had one in his hand).  I do remember waiting all game for a CFRR to finish my cloister and city but it never came.  I do remember Leven started really conservatively and I was quite aggressive in terms of placing meeples and that I think his careful set of entrapments should have gained him a victory. 

Game 2: We swapped strategies for this game.  Leven was being much more aggressive and quite early tried to glom onto the road at the bottom and spend the entire game waiting for a RRFF which never came (I drew at least 4 more).  I think at about 20 tiles to go I started throwing men onto the farm.  Leven got equal but needed the win.

Thanks for the games.
Thanks to you, too, for these two enjoyable games. I felt that I was a bit unlucky, particularly in the second game where you drew the last 5 RRFF tiles while I desperately needed one of them to free my thiefs and gain extra 7 points (+1 for me, -6 for you). Then when you needed an RRFF to join your farmer in the NW to the main farm, you drew it right at your next turn. Still, at the final turn I could have won the main farm (and the game) if I had drawn the last RRFF but it went to you as well. But actually that could not happen otherwise as I had the curse of the Elo leaders on me.  >:D

@Jéré: note that we played these games last Friday, so prior to khalidqasrawi's recent game in the Minis league.

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 01:32:06 AM »

Thanks to you, too, for these two enjoyable games. I felt that I was a bit unlucky, particularly in the second game where you drew the last 5 RRFF tiles while I desperately needed one of them to free my thiefs and gain extra 7 points (+1 for me, -6 for you). Then when you needed an RRFF to join your farmer in the NW to the main farm, you drew it right at your next turn. Still, at the final turn I could have won the main farm (and the game) if I had drawn the last RRFF but it went to you as well. But actually that could not happen otherwise as I had the curse of the Elo leaders on me.  >:D

@Jéré: note that we played these games last Friday, so prior to khalidqasrawi's recent game in the Minis league.

I completely agree with you on your bad luck and my good luck.  I guess, I already "knew" that it was my day to get RRFFs so I capitalised on that.  Funny how in most games, you would groan if you picked up so many roads.  Thanks for pointing out the order that I played the games in.  I guess it matters for ELO.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 03:42:09 PM »
Merlin and I played this evening. I don't have screenshots to hand but the end result was a tie with one game each.

The first game was started by Merlin and I won it by 5 points (I think). The second game was.started by me and won by Merlin by 9 points.

More details tomorrow.

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
I guess, my game against Dan deserves more expanded summary...

83  :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 (Home) - Dan :blue-meeple: 88
89 :blue-meeple: Dan (Home) - Merlin_89 :yellow-meeple: 98

Both games looked very similar. We played head to head, chances were there... for both of us, but I felt like I couldn't find my footing.

First game, I blocked quite easily one of Dan's thieves, it was nice sign, but Dan managed well without it. In the end, Dan took control over biggest farm, I didn't find way to join, he won.

Second game, it didn't looked well for me... I wanted to block Dan at the beginning, but this time he escaped quite handily with payoff. I thought it's Dan's game to win. I had meeples locked in cloisters, and Dan once again was in control of farms... I fought but I lost big farm again (4:3)... Ending was a surprise for me, I completed cloisters, I claimed small farm, and strangely enough it gave me victory.

Thanks for the match, it gave me lots of thrills alongside big relief at the end.   :(y)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:41:18 AM by Merlin_89 »

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
Sorry for the delay folks. Rosco and I managed to play our games tonight - hopefully better late than never. Forgive me for not doing a write up tonight, but it's been a long day and I'm tired - I'll try and do a brief report tomorrow night if I can. So for the time-being, here are the scores...

Game 1
Rosco  :red-meeple:  112 (start player)
Rich_The_Fish  :black1-meeple: 130

Game 2
Rich_The_Fish  :black1-meeple: 107 (start player)
Rosco  :red-meeple:  95

Thanks for the games Rosco.

Online glh510

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 12:58:24 PM »
Is the round finished now?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »
Not quite. MrNumbets vs. Chooselife still needs to happen. And since we've all come do far on this journey together I didn't want to forfeit any games if there's a chance they will still be played (which there is innthis case)...

Online glh510

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 02:08:24 AM »
Not quite. MrNumbets vs. Chooselife still needs to happen. And since we've all come do far on this journey together I didn't want to forfeit any games if there's a chance they will still be played (which there is innthis case)...

May we could start the next round in parallel? I'm on vacation first 2 weeks of october, so i want to finish at least my games before.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 02:10:30 AM »
Seems reasonable to me.
I support this request.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 05:59:36 AM »
No - I think that since it has all gone to potatoes then the league table should be reversed, therefore making me the winner

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:05:38 PM by danisthirty, Reason: Potty mouth! »

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 06:06:02 AM »
No - I think that since it has all gone to potatoes then the league table should be reversed, therefore making me the winner

I am in total agreement with Rosco on this one. Second place sounds good to me!!  :(y)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:06:24 PM by danisthirty, Reason: Quoting a potty mouth! »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Basegame League - Round 5

Started by danisthirty

27 Replies
Last post May 01, 2019, 10:56:35 AM
by Rosco
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 5

Started by danisthirty

21 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 04:18:46 AM