Author Topic: Tasnia - by Jason Glover  (Read 6541 times)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Tasnia - by Jason Glover
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:29:44 PM »
I just received my copy from the Kickstarter campaign in the mail. My wife and I got in a 2-player game last night and we really enjoyed it. Now we can't wait to play it with more people. Has anyone else received their copy?

A couple of questions cropped up that we did not find addressed in the rule book.
(and we found a typo :()

1. When you buy a tile from a stack, when do you flip the new top tile face up? Immediately? or during your Gathering phase? or after your turn? We could not tell. We played that you had to wait till your Gathering phase so that it would prevent one player burning down through a stack. In this way a player may only purchase one tile from any one stack per turn. Not sure if it was correct but that's what we ruled.

2. Can you freely change tiles in and out, and rearrange tiles, of an incomplete building? We ruled Yes because the rule book partially addressed this by allowing tiles to be added to or removed from incomplete buildings. It didn't address rearranging but we lumped it in together.

3. At the end of your turn you can claim a tile by placing your pawn on the particular stack. If at a later time you want to claim a different tile can you move your pawn freely? Even though you did not purchase the original tile you claimed? We ruled No - because you affected the other player's buying power on one tile. It didn't seem to be good play for you to just be able to hop from one valuable tile to the next without buying them just to be a nuisance to your opponent.

I think that's all we came up with so far.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=602.0
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline BT

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Tasnia - by Jason Glover
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:30:02 AM »
I have just started playing Tasnia too. Had about three or four games now and after the very slow getting to know you first game, I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with all the rules.

I like the basic game and we have had a lot of fun. The one difficulty I have is with the design of the cards. The thick grey border makes it difficult to hold the card tightly with the information visible. I think the borders need a colour to help identify each resource. For example if the iron card had a red border it would make it easier to see what is in your hand, especially when you get 7 or even ten cards if you use the Money Lender card. I order the PNP version so I might have a play around with the PDF files.

1. When you buy a tile from a stack, when do you flip the new top tile face up? Immediately? or during your Gathering phase? or after your turn? We could not tell.
We played that you flipped the tiles immediately so that you had that phase of the turn completed.

2. Can you freely change tiles in and out, and rearrange tiles, of an incomplete building? We ruled Yes because the rule book partially addressed this by allowing tiles to be added to or removed from incomplete buildings. It didn't address rearranging but we lumped it in together.
We assumed that you could move the tiles around to construct new shapes. As long as the building remained complete we considered it legal.

3. At the end of your turn you can claim a tile by placing your pawn on the particular stack. If at a later time you want to claim a different tile can you move your pawn freely? Even though you did not purchase the original tile you claimed? We ruled No - because you affected the other player's buying power on one tile. It didn't seem to be good play for you to just be able to hop from one valuable tile to the next without buying them just to be a nuisance to your opponent.
We have played both ways and prefer that you can change the claim. Sometimes the houses no longer requie the tile you claimed and this made it possible to change your strategy as your opponent completes houses.

I'm not completely certain about how many cards can be played during a purchase or gathering phase. For example, if I purchase a tile can I also use a special card that is able to to be used in a purchase phase or is using that card my purchase phase?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Tasnia tile builder game on Kickstarter

Started by Green Arrow

12 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 05:03:43 AM
by harvster