Author Topic: The Tower (A)  (Read 16852 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower (A)
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 01:34:24 AM »
The x-score list - T-League - Group A - 29 06 2016

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 02:30:48 AM »
T-league - group A:

one game left:

khalidqasrawi against Decar

Do you have make an appointment for the game play?

We can't start the next round as long as this game has not been finished.

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2016, 02:32:15 AM »
Decar is away at a wedding this weekend.  As soon as he returns, we'll play.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 04:30:32 AM »
Time to distribute cards  C:-)

:yellow-meeple: Yellow to Chooselife.
 :red-meeple: Red to both khalidqasrawi and Decar

EDIT:  ...or I guess bright orange instead of red... as we're not going to exclude participants like that, but it's certainly really bad.   :o
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:39:03 AM by Jéré »

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2016, 01:03:44 AM »

Not sure why I got a yellow.......  O0
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 01:06:51 AM »

Not sure why I got a yellow.......  O0

Number 3

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 02:12:19 AM »
You're right next time I'll tell my wife and kids "No vacations and no family quality time until the Tournament is finished!!" or maybe not play at all.

At least I've all my games played now even if it means playing until after midnight on a week day when I've to up by 06h30 on the next morning, sorry for the trouble.

Life is made of priorities......

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 02:14:33 AM »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 03:38:09 AM »
Khalidqasrawi and I have determined that early Thursday evening will be the optimal time for us to play. 

We'll let you know if anything changes.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 03:48:50 AM »
You're right next time I'll tell my wife and kids "No vacations and no family quality time until the Tournament is finished!!" or maybe not play at all.

At least I've all my games played now even if it means playing until after midnight on a week day when I've to up by 06h30 on the next morning, sorry for the trouble.

Life is made of priorities......

I understand your situation because it resembles mine. Actually I was considering skipping this league because I knew June would be the busiest month ever. From June 1st to 27th, I spent 4 days at home: 2 weeks vacations with my family and 1 week in Denmark for work. However, I decided to take a chance and I have made HUGE efforts to comply with the rules: brought my laptop with me for the holidays (which I never do), scheduled 2 games the same evening to minimise the impact on my holidays, asked permission to play to my partner beforehands (she had the veto over that), scheduled and played the rest of my games during that 4-day window I was in the Netherlands, between 2 trips, despite being sick!  All this, only to realise that I could have used an additional 3 weeks to do the same... I don't think this is very fair.  :-\

Nice message Decar, but I don't think violence is the solution.  :o

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2016, 05:58:15 AM »
The final game of the group is organized.

We have had several complaints recently that there is too much 'spam' being generated by tournaments.

Please leave our Group be and keep your opinions or objections in your own Group's thread.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2016, 06:27:44 AM »

We have had several complaints recently that there is too much 'spam' being generated by tournaments.

Please leave our Group be and keep your opinions or objections in your own Group's thread.

Wow... You should be ashamed! Is it that difficult to acknowledge that you do something wrong? I guess that how you gauge the level of maturity of someone... No signs of apologies... you persist and tell me to shut up. How rude.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2016, 06:32:13 AM »

Wow... You should be ashamed! Is it that difficult to acknowledge that you do something wrong? I guess that how you gauge the level of maturity of someone... No signs of apologies... you persist and tell me to shut up. How rude.

I don't think this branch of the discussion is helpful or appropriate. Please can we leave it at that and carry on with the competition. A date for the last game has been set, no further comments (and several of the previous ones) are necessary.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 08:13:34 AM »
I don't think this branch of the discussion is helpful or appropriate. Please can we leave it at that and carry on with the competition. A date for the last game has been set, no further comments (and several of the previous ones) are necessary.

:(y)

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »
khalidqasrawi 98 : Decar 87

What a game!  The most tense I've played in an extremely long time.

It started very strong for me, I managed to get an early farmer down in a small field and also managed to complete 2 medium sized cities.  Shortly afterwards Khalid manged to join the farm and start a very large city of his own.  These were the significant fighting points of the game.

As we approached mid-way Khalid had caught up and had taken a small lead, and then managed to snipe my farmer,  I had placed a tower next to Khalid's large City, but I couldn't find a good way to glom on.  I managed to snatch the main farm back as we approached the last 1/4 of the match, and by forcing initiative was able to cap the neighbouring tower.

In the dying minutes of the match, the scores were neck and neck and it was clear the winner would claim the large city.  I misplayed a sequence, when I couldn't decide if claiming a 6pt cloister was worth capping a tower in the new farm that joined; instead i took a knight who wasn't doing very much.  This costed me the game, because that Tower was then capable of grabbing the knight I had in the large city.

With 6 tiles left, Khalid was able to block in his last knight, safe from a tower.  I was able to get another farm in the hope I could use a FFRR to join 2 more cities, and I was able to attack the large city one last time.

But alas, my last tile was a CCRF Tower tile, unable to cap it, my knight was doomed :(

Thank you very much for finding the time to play Khalid, certainly on the the best games I've played in a very long time...heart racing and everything!

Best of luck in the subsequent round!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
What if a player draws a tower tile but they don't have any more tower floors?

Started by carca82

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 01:12:49 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
C2 - Any rules for Highwaymen, Water Tower, or Farmhouses?

Started by Carcatronn

6 Replies
Last post February 16, 2021, 02:59:34 PM
by Carcatronn
xx
Tower AI Implementation

Started by Halfling

2 Replies
Last post May 25, 2016, 04:55:25 PM
by rfielder
xx
Replacement Tower Piece for 'The City' Version