Author Topic: Carcassonne The Castle - Tiles to score for incomplete features  (Read 1661 times)

Offline katiesam

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Carcassonne The Castle - Tiles to score for incomplete features
« on: January 19, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »
Hi all,

If someone manages to pick up 2 x wall tile 5 (score 2 points per tile for 1 uncompleted tower at game end), can they use both wall tiles on a single incomplete tower to score 4 points per tile?

Or do they have to have 2 incomplete towers to be able to use both wall tiles?

I assume whatever the answer is, the same rule would also apply to wall tile 4 (score on an incomplete road) and wall tile 6 (score on an incomplete house)?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4198.0

Offline Skull One

• Vassal
  • Merit: 4
  • Yes, I still play.
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne The Castle - Tiles to score for incomplete features
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »
This and The City are my favorite stand alone versions of Carcassonne.  Using only the road as the hard join points of a tile make for some very interesting strategies.  Now on to your question, lol.

From the rule booklet:  The player scores 2 point per tile for 1 uncompleted tower (at game end).

I tend to be very "lawyer-ish" about rules.  So my opinion is, you can only use one wall tile per feature. 

My reasoning is the following:  When you have scored a feature the last step is to remove the meeple from the feature.  So in this case you present the wall tile, you score the uncompleted feature, you remove the meeple.  That to me suggests you can't use two wall tiles on the same feature.

But then again I am not Not HiG or Reiner Knizia.  So I would play it how you desire.  Just make sure everyone knows the rule you want to use.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Writing the score as opposed to using the score board

Started by Rosco

12 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 02:27:06 AM
by Paul
xx
Center Scoreboards with River Bonus Features

Started by PapaGeek

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2022, 07:25:02 PM