Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 241669 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »
I can proudly announce that I have won last weekly online game!
Since none of my opponents' knights, thieves, monk or farmers didn't show up, it was quite an easy mission :))

"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2014, 11:19:20 PM »
Well played MrNumbers. That was an incredible fight for 2nd place. Can't believe it ended in a 4-way tie! Looking forward to the match report...  :))

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
I might be able to join in one of these Thursdays.  8)
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2014, 05:50:20 AM »
Excellent!  :(y) You and B1nder will have to fight over who gets to be Yellow though, and he looks tough...  :meeple: C:-)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2014, 06:26:30 AM »
Excellent!  :(y) You and B1nder will have to fight over who gets to be Yellow though, and he looks tough...  :meeple: C:-)

I don't mind if he wants to be yellow. I could use a colour change. I'm thinking, magenta or maersk.  :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2014, 04:21:58 AM »
So, are we on for tonight? Wagons are the element of the week, so that means Abbey and Mayor should be included (as long as MrNumbers doesn't do any of his wagon tricks!).

What about a classic game with A&M, I&C and T&B? Then we can fight for mega-cathedral cities using our builders and our big followers and our mayors, and when we (inevitably) get trapped, we can get out of it with our abbeys!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2014, 05:20:42 AM »
I got all excited when I saw this post and then my wife reminded me that she's out tonight. But within minutes of this, our internet router broke! I don't know what's wrong with it (it's a hardware thing) but it doesn't have power to it at all which is about as broken as it gets as far as I'm concerned...  :(

So I have two options: install JCloisterZone on my work PC and play from this computer, or, don't play. I think I'm going to have to go with the latter since the kids won't put themselves to bed and I can't do it remotely from work.

Have fun guys! I'll see if I can break jungleboy's 82-point record for solo Carcassonne!  :)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2014, 05:20:55 AM »
So, are we on for tonight? Wagons are the element of the week, so that means Abbey and Mayor should be included (as long as MrNumbers doesn't do any of his wagon tricks!).

What about a classic game with A&M, I&C and T&B? Then we can fight for mega-cathedral cities using our builders and our big followers and our mayors, and when we (inevitably) get trapped, we can get out of it with our abbeys!

What time was it again? In case The Miracle visits me and I get time to play. It looks grim, but gotta have hope!  :gray-meeple: (tired Yellow meeple)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2014, 05:37:21 AM »
So I have two options: install JCloisterZone on my work PC and play from this computer, or, don't play. I think I'm going to have to go with the latter since the kids won't put themselves to bed and I can't do it remotely from work.

If you have a 3G phone connection, couldn't you use this to supply an internet connection to your PC?

What time was it again? In case The Miracle visits me and I get time to play. It looks grim, but gotta have hope!  :gray-meeple: (tired Yellow meeple)

9:30 CET. But so far it's just me :(

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2014, 05:42:03 AM »

If you have a 3G phone connection, couldn't you use this to supply an internet connection to your PC?

Somebody clever might be able to do that... I'm still holding on to the unlikely possibility that it may have automagically fixed itself by the time I get home.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2014, 05:59:06 AM »
I don't know how it works with Android, but it's very easy with an iPhone. You just create a personal hotspot in settings on your phone, then a password comes up. Then this device will appear as a network on your computer. You choose the network, type in the password and voila.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2014, 06:35:58 AM »
Thanks, that doesn't seem nearly as complicated as I imagined. Goodness knows what it will do to my monthly data allowance but I'll see what I can do. I think trying to set up a static IP and port forwarding between my phone and my laptop may be a bit much though, so if anyone else can host that would be super-duper!  :(y)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2014, 06:56:01 AM »
Can't promise for sure, but I will try to take a part in tonight's game.
At least, I can be a host for this game, if I won't get a chance to participate :)

Static IP in 3G is a very special thing, but not impossible. It can be ordered from mobile operator for additional money (not all operators provide such service).

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2014, 07:27:58 AM »
Just had an email from old wifey-blogs (something I call her [never to her face]) to say that the internet at home is working again. So... I'M IN!

Apparently the modem/ router was just turned off!  :-X I didn't even know it had an on/ off switch but it seems that everything is OK now.  :(y)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
Dan - you shouldn't have admitted that!  Ha ha ha.

I may be in too. 8.30 gmt?
Just lay the damn tile!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The old Carcassone online game...

Started by Reggie777

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2021, 02:58:57 AM
by Sondiana
xx
Connection lost in Online game

Started by Hounk

5 Replies
Last post March 01, 2015, 01:00:53 PM