Author Topic: New Expansion: Die Badehäuser  (Read 18109 times)

Offline Maj. Frost

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Sit down and play
    • View Profile
    • My Carcassonne Blog
Re: New Expansion: Die Badehäuser
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 11:43:47 PM »
Hello everybody. I have a doubt with this expansion: Is it possible to rebuy your Meeple in another round different from your round? (for example, to avoid the Tower before being captured). Thank you.

No, you cant. It is only possible in your turn.

Offline dronedrone

• Vassal
  • Merit: 6
  • Updated my profile have I.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 01:21:16 AM »
Question from a new member re the new 'Bathhouse expansion'

This is my first post, let's hope it's not my last...

I am struggling to understand the rules relating to the effect of the new Barber-Surgeons tiles (hope you don't mind if I abbreviate this to BS for the rest of my message  ;-)).

My understanding is as follows:

Once the first BS tile is placed, if a feature occupied by a single meeple* is completed, the feature is scored and the scoring meeple is placed, lying down, in the bathhouse.

If after the first BS tile is placed, I deliberately complete a feature (city, road or monastery) occupied by an opponent's single meeple, they take their score for their feature and have to move their meeple into the bathhouse on the BS tile, laying the meeple on its side.

If I complete one of my features, occupied by a single meeple, with a BS tile, my meeple is off to the bathhouse.   If two 'single meeple' features are completed by my tile placement, one of mine and one of my opponent's, I can consign my opponent's single meeple to the bathhouse before mine.   If there are no other vacant bathhouses, my meeple is returned to my supply so I avoid the mucky meeple magnet...

Does placing a barn result in a visit to the bath house for any single meeple occupying a field as a farmer?   If so, does the player placing the barn get to choose the order in which lone farmers in separate fields get an early bath?

* It would be helpful to understand what is meant by a 'single meeple'

Does the term include the following: a regular meeple, the large meeple, the Mayor, the Phantom, the Abbot and the Ringmaster?

If, on completion, a feature is occupied by a single meeple and a builder what happens to the meeple?

Thanks
The owls are not what they seem

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »
Hi dronedrone,

Some interesting questions you have here. See my comments below.

Question from a new member re the new 'Bathhouse expansion'

This is my first post, let's hope it's not my last...

Welcome to CarcC! Enjoy your experience on the forums.

BTW, I already got comments about us being cousins.  ;D

I am struggling to understand the rules relating to the effect of the new Barber-Surgeons tiles (hope you don't mind if I abbreviate this to BS for the rest of my message  ;-)).

My understanding is as follows:

Once the first BS tile is placed, if a feature occupied by a single meeple* is completed, the feature is scored and the scoring meeple is placed, lying down, in the bathhouse.

If after the first BS tile is placed, I deliberately complete a feature (city, road or monastery) occupied by an opponent's single meeple, they take their score for their feature and have to move their meeple into the bathhouse on the BS tile, laying the meeple on its side.

If I complete one of my features, occupied by a single meeple, with a BS tile, my meeple is off to the bathhouse.   If two 'single meeple' features are completed by my tile placement, one of mine and one of my opponent's, I can consign my opponent's single meeple to the bathhouse before mine.   If there are no other vacant bathhouses, my meeple is returned to my supply so I avoid the mucky meeple magnet...

Your understanding is correct.

Does placing a barn result in a visit to the bath house for any single meeple occupying a field as a farmer? 

This would be a correct interpretation of the rules but expect no official confirmation from HiG. The Barber-Surgeons comes with The Disclaimer ("You can play The Barber-Surgeons along with other expansions as well; however there will be no official rules for these combinations.") So this is unchartered territory here.

If so, does the player placing the barn get to choose the order in which lone farmers in separate fields get an early bath?

Are you talking here of a scenario when connecting several 'single-meeple' farms to another one with a barn? If so, as there are more than one meeple involved in the scoring, they would go directly the players' supply.

* It would be helpful to understand what is meant by a 'single meeple'

Does the term include the following: a regular meeple, the large meeple, the Mayor, the Phantom, the Abbot and the Ringmaster?

That would be correct as a generalization of the expansion rules. Remember that, as per The Disclaimer, the rules were designed initially for regular meeples. So again, no official confirmation to ease your mind ;)

If, on completion, a feature is occupied by a single meeple and a builder what happens to the meeple?

Thanks

The builder is not a meeple but a special figure, so it should not be taken into account.

You can find here a full discussion  covering what a meeple is and what is not, just in case.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3384.0

Cheers!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline dronedrone

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 05:06:23 AM »
Hi - thanks for your informative reply

Are you talking here of a scenario when connecting several 'single-meeple' farms to another one with a barn? If so, as there are more than one meeple involved in the scoring, they would go directly the players' supply.

Oops!   You've made me realise I would have raised some eyebrows if I had tried this.   I have not used a barn yet and had thought that they impacted all fields rather than just the one they were on.   Thanks for the correction.

The builder is not a meeple but a special figure, so it should not be taken into account.

I did know this but my literal mind said "a meeple with a builder is two things...and the rules say 'single', maybe they were in a relationship, who knows?"   The light is slowly dawning.

You can find here a full discussion  covering what a meeple is and what is not, just in case.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3384.0

Thanks for the link - aaargh! my brain can't cope, thank goodness for the 'hive mind'   :)

Offline MeepleFan

• Freeman
  • Merit: 7
  • Farmers, I greet you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
Thank you for all your replies ;D

Offline MeepleFan

• Freeman
  • Farmers, I greet you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »
Another question: could be possible to place a tile, as consequence complete a city / road ... and place the Meeple in the bathhouse, pay the points, recover the Meeple, and use it in the tile, everything in the same round?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:58:19 PM by MeepleFan »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
Another question: could be possible to place a tile, as consequence complete a city / road ... and place the Meeple in the bathhouse, pay the points, recover the Meeple, and use it in the tile, everything in the same round?

Hi Meeplefan,

This is not allowed because you move the the Meeple to a bathhouse after Scoring (Phase #3), and, as per the rules, you can only buy you Meeple back from a Bathhouse right after placing a tile (Phase #1) and then you are allowed to place it right away in Phase #2 (Placing a Meeple) in the same turn.

Therefore, after moving a Meeple to a bathhouse, you will only be able to get it back and place it in a later turn... Unless, of course, you have a double turn thanks to the Builder or a Dispatch, but this is another story.

Cheers!

Offline MeepleFan

• Freeman
  • Farmers, I greet you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »
Understood!

Thank you very much Meepledrone.

Offline robnhill

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »
Hi dronedrone... can you please explain further what you mean by this:

"If two 'single meeple' features are completed by my tile placement, one of mine and one of my opponent's, I can consign my opponent's single meeple to the bathhouse before mine.   If there are no other vacant bathhouses, my meeple is returned to my supply so I avoid the mucky meeple magnet..."

What do you mean by two single meeple features?

I thought if a bathhouse was on a city, you had to complete the city for the meeple to go to the bathhouse? if it's on the road, you have to complete the road?

No?

Offline dronedrone

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2018, 04:36:17 AM »
Hi Robnhill - thanks for your question.

What do you mean by two single meeple features?

I have had a bash at putting together a worked example of what I mean in the .pdf below.   I would ask that you and and anyone else working through my example recognise that this is my attempt to illustrate what I meant and is not meant to be an example of gold-standard, Carcassonne superstar gameplay.

Apologies also for the presentation as the Open Office software I used to re-size the ten photographs I had taken didn't always keep the tiles square even though I tried to keep the original aspect ratio.

Please let me know what you think...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:07:15 AM by dronedrone, Reason: Updated second jpeg as I realised that the Yellow Meeple in the Bathhouse should be lying on its side, not standing up. »

Offline Piasekstc

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • To get them all and play them all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 01:33:05 PM »
Dronedrone,

I think that's correct. At least I understand rules like you :)

Offline dronedrone

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 01:49:53 PM »
I think that's correct. At least I understand rules like you

Thanks Piasekstc, that's good to know.   I find it fascinating that, what appears to be a simple concept, has so many nuances. and gives so many options.   I am looking forward to seeing these new tiles in action.

Offline Piasekstc

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • To get them all and play them all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2018, 01:49:33 AM »

Thanks Piasekstc, that's good to know.   I find it fascinating that, what appears to be a simple concept, has so many nuances. and gives so many options.   I am looking forward to seeing these new tiles in action.

Imagine now, how it will work when playing mega Carcassonne (like we do) :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2018, 04:04:04 AM »

... I find it fascinating that, what appears to be a simple concept, has so many nuances ...

I think this is the trouble for HiG with a game that has so many expansions now. Clarifying all the interactions between expansions without breaking what's already known becomes almost impossible, hence their disclaimer that we've seen on a few of the more recent expansions explaining that that expansion is designed to be played with the basic game only and any other expansions included are played "at your own risk"! :o

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2018, 07:53:41 AM »

... I find it fascinating that, what appears to be a simple concept, has so many nuances ...

I think this is the trouble for HiG with a game that has so many expansions now. Clarifying all the interactions between expansions without breaking what's already known becomes almost impossible, hence their disclaimer that we've seen on a few of the more recent expansions explaining that that expansion is designed to be played with the basic game only and any other expansions included are played "at your own risk"! :o

can we imagine making a petition to HIG? I'm serious! we could also involve the German forum ...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
WTB Die Kornkreise I, Die Windrosen I, CutCassonne, and others

Started by Allograft

7 Replies
Last post March 19, 2021, 02:53:38 PM
by Allograft
xx
Die Katharer / Die Belagerer - The Rules

Started by kettlefish

8 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 08:09:41 PM
by obervet
clip
New Carcassonne box out in Germany - including new version of "Die Katharer"

Started by Hylian87

105 Replies
Last post November 03, 2014, 03:37:54 AM
by meepleater
xx
New mini- expansion Die Öbstbaume (the fruittrees) at the Spiel event!

Started by Christianmocking

87 Replies
Last post March 31, 2018, 11:54:44 PM
by Decar