Author Topic: Abbey & Mayor League  (Read 12852 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Abbey & Mayor League
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »
The Abbey & Mayor League is now live! ;D

So we've exchanged princesses for abbeys and dragons for mayors as we head into our third competition of this years Expansion League series. Apologies to those who were especially looking forward to the Princess & Dragon league, but you can rest assured that this will have its time when everyone is satisfied that it runs correctly. For the meantime though, let's get excited about abbeys, mayors, wagons and barns and let's get the next expansion league going!

Firstly, a quick recap of the rules. The league will run in exactly the same way as the Inns & Cathedrals league but please ensure you are familiar with these rules before you start playing (especially if this is your first online tournament):

1. All players will be divided between three groups (Group A, Group B and Group C). Each group will contain 7 players.

2. Every player must play a single head-to-head (2-player) game of Carcassonne against every other person in their group. Games will be played online using JCloisterZone (JCZ) so please ensure you have downloaded this and have got it running on your PC well in advance of your first game. Since the latest version of JCZ hasn't proven itself entirely reliable yet, we will be using version 3.1.1 for this league until further notice. This can be downloaded from http://jcloisterzone.com/builds/JCloisterZone-3.1.1.zip and will require somebody with hosting ability to host your game if neither you nor your opponent can do so yourself. Furthermore, new players should check our JCloisterZone FAQ to help get up to speed with online play.

3. Each game must include just the basic game plus the Abbey & Mayor expansion only, for a total of 84 tiles. The starting player should be selected at random by checking the "Randomise Seating Order" checkbox on the pre-game screen.

4. Every player is awarded 2 league points for each game they win, or 1 point for a draw. This will be the primary ranking criteria for the league.

5. The total number of points scored by you and the total number of points scored against you (by your opponents) throughout all league games you've played will be logged and used to calculate your total score differential (total points won minus total points scored against you). This will be the secondary ranking criteria for the league, with total points scored (by you) as the third.

6. Once you have finished your game, please post a screenshot of the final scores (these will appear in a pop-up window immediately after the final tile has been placed) back to the forums along with a write-up of your game if you so wish. Our official scorekeeper kettlefish will be using these to keep track of the overall scores within each group.

7. Once everyone has played everyone else within their groups, similarly ranked players will form 7 new groups with 3 people in each. The winners of Groups A, B and C will form Group D1, 2nd-place finishers of Groups A, B and C will form Group D2 and so on for D3 down to D7. Previous league points and score differential will be reset at this stage of the competition (but remembered for ongoing record-keeping).

8. Play within the "D" Groups will continue in the same way as Groups A - C with everyone playing a single game against their two opponents and then being ranked according to league points and total score differential in the same way as before. This final rank will determine overall finishing position in the league (i.e. D1-1st, D1-2nd, D1-3rd, D2-1st, D2-2nd, ..., D6-2nd, D6-3rd, D7-1st, D7-2nd, D7-3rd).

Forfeited Games
If no individual can be considered responsible for a game not happening, both players forfeit the game. This means both players get a loss for the game and score differential is unaffected (score is 0 – 0). If one player is responsible because the other has tried to make the game happen but the other player refuses to play or doesn't respond to emails/ PMs then the player at fault loses and the other player gets a win. In addition to this, scores for the game default to 35 – 0 to the winner meaning his score differential improves by 35 points.

Regardless of the above, please make every effort to play your games; nobody likes to win or lose by forfeit so lets make sure it doesn't happen.

If you're itching to know who your initial opponents will be then itch no more because here are the groups:

I've already created a thread for each group to keep track of scores, schedule matches and encourage and/or belittle each other. These threads can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate list (Group A, B or C) above.

Enjoy! :) :(y)

PS - Anyone wishing to take part in a game should follow the link below in order to meet with others in the "pre-game chat":

http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1764.0
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:26:22 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey & Mayor League
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:29:34 PM »
Thanks for my group Dan - Jere, leven, hounk, and decar!  Tough group.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »

Way to inspire Andrew the Ambo and Chooselife to give you a good kicking too Rosco!  ;D

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:18:01 PM »
Three of the four winners of our previous competitions are in Group A, so that should be a tough one too.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 11:25:58 PM »
Three of the four winners of our previous competitions are in Group A, so that should be a tough one too.

Indeed. There are now a fair few people who have established themselves as "forces to be reckoned with" which makes any easy groups a thing of the past (even though one of them is sitting this one out)!

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 03:04:05 AM »
2. Every player must play a single head-to-head (2-player) game of Carcassonne against every other person in their group. Games will be played online using JCloisterZone (JCZ) so please ensure you have downloaded this and have got it running on your PC well in advance of your first game. Since the latest version of JCZ hasn't proven itself entirely reliable yet, we will be using version 3.1.1 for this league until further notice. This can be downloaded from http://jcloisterzone.com/builds/JCloisterZone-3.1.1.zip and will require somebody with hosting ability to host your game if neither you nor your opponent can do so yourself. Furthermore, new players should check our JCloisterZone FAQ to help get up to speed with online play.

Begginers question the games must be hosted or they can be also played on the online server?

Way to inspire Andrew the Ambo and Chooselife to give you a good kicking too Rosco!  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good Luck All!!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 03:17:38 AM »
The online server isn't working at the moment. And it requires version 3.2.0 in any case which doesn't seem entirely stable at the moment. Drop me an email or PM if you'd like me to host and I can usually oblige.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 03:19:31 AM »
The online server isn't working at the moment. And it requires version 3.2.0 in any case which doesn't seem entirely stable at the moment. Drop me an email or PM if you'd like me to host and I can usually oblige.
Thanks Dan,

I've off a few days and wasn't awere of the "down" I'll try to get my port forwarding working.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 03:24:48 AM »
Cool! Let me know if I can help with testing or anything.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

Was thinking about the same. Have not played against Andrew yet, but Chooselife I would assume to be at least at the level of Decar and me, while I would consider Rosco himself to be in favour in any game against me, though Jéré and Leven obvious on top.

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
I seem to have gotten worse each competition.  Here's hoping I can reverse that trend.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
We have a problem the online server from JCloisterZone (farin) doesn't work.

We use the version 3.1.1.

That means we need people who can host a game.

We have here for hosting:
- danisthirty
- MrNumbers
- Leven ?

Who can also host a game?

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 02:45:32 PM »
I was just trying to psyche out the competition!!  I have not played much if at all with Andrew or Chooselife so no idea how they play.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
We have here for hosting:
- danisthirty
- MrNumbers
- Leven ?

Who can also host a game?

- danisthirty  :(y)
- MrNumbers  :(y)
- Leven  :(y)
- Decar  :(y)
- rfielder  :(y)

Offline berchio

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 04:31:06 AM »
Hi I am new and this will be my first online tournament. I was expecting the Princess&Dragon expansion and I have never played the selected one so I will be a little weak... Anyways, I'm a sys admin and can host some stuff, please let me know if and how I can help hosting games for people.

David

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Abbey & Mayor League - Group B

Started by danisthirty

92 Replies
Last post June 14, 2015, 01:57:21 PM
by kettlefish
xx
Abbey & Mayor League: Groups D1 - D7

Started by danisthirty

98 Replies
Last post July 17, 2015, 01:04:31 AM