Author Topic: Order of play in french  (Read 30304 times)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Order of play in french
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:07:48 AM »
Hi,

Just to let you know that a french order of play, game preparation and scoring rule including every major and mini expansions, as well as promo tiles for Carcassonne is available in the download section:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=346

If you have any comment or edits suggestions, just let me know so that I can update the file  :yellow-meeple:

Bonjour,

Vous trouverez dans les téléchargement les règles du jeu Carcassonne (préparation d'une partie, ordre du jeu, et score des points) en français, incluant toutes les extensions majeures, les mini extensions et les tuiles promotionnelles :
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=346

Si vous avez des remarques ou suggestions de corrections, faites-le moi savoir  :yellow-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4298.0
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:07:07 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Order of play in french
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 04:41:46 PM »
Hi corinthiens13!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy all you can find here  ;D

Impressive document you've put together. I will have a look and get back with some comments.

In the meantime, +1 merit from me.

Cheers!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »
Hi again corinthiens13,

By the way, if you share with me the word version of your document, I could include the annotations in the document itself. As you please.

Cheers!

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 01:02:08 AM »
Hi again corinthiens13,

By the way, if you share with me the word version of your document, I could include the annotations in the document itself. As you please.

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks, you'll find the word version here: link removed
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:50:24 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »
Hi again corinthiens13,

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks, you'll find the word version here: https://1drv.ms/w/s!Akzl4Zu9812U0F-6Dsa6wf-inkc9

Hi corinthiens13!

Here you are an annotated version with my comments:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g073l0u0ideyjp/R%C3%A9sum%C3%A9%20carcassonne_Annotated_V1.1.docx?dl=0

In the end I had to use a DOCX documented generated from your initial PDF file. I couldn't successfully open the DOCX you sent on my laptop . I only get a weird message about no enough memory or disk space... The conversions altered a bit the layout.  :-\

Additionally, just have a look to WICA for the latest scoring reference I've been updating recently with additions and clarifications:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Scoring_During_the_Game
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Scoring_After_the_Game

Let me know your thoughts.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »
Hi corinthiens13!

Did you have any chance to review my comments?

Cheers!

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
Hi,

I just finished reviewing your comments, thanks a lot ! I updated the file to ver 2.0 in the downloads section.

Here's your annotated file with my comments. I applied most of your comments in ver 2.0, but still have some questions you'll find in my comments.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:44:22 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »
Hi again!

Here you are some comments on v2.0. I think they also cover the open points left. Let me know if skipped something unknowingly.

Cheers!

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 12:47:59 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for reviewing my order of play once again. I uploaded ver 2.1 in the download section.

You'll find here your commented file, with a few last questions  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:44:43 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 03:03:14 AM »
Hi again,

I found my answer for pig herd, ver 2.2 has been uploaded with this correction, and I also corrected a note at the beginning of page 5.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 04:26:30 PM »
Hi corinthiens13,

A few more comments in the document attached. I also include here some examples of vineyards and gardens for you:

* C1 vineyards: The following symbol shows a C1 vineyard. No garden symbols are present as they exist in C2 only.

Here you can find the Tile Distribution of Exp. 9 - Hills & Sheep for C1 with several vineyards (in 6 tile images).

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Hills_%26_Sheep_(1st_edition)#Tile_distribution

* C2 vineyards: The following symbol shows a C2 vineyard.

Here you can find the Tile Distribution of Exp. 9 - Hills & Sheep for C2 with several vineyards (the last 6 tile images). You can also see one of the tiles has a garden.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Hills_%26_Sheep#Tile_distribution

* C1 gardens: There are no gardens in C1 official expansions. They only exist as an authorized conversion from C2 to C1 performed by members of the CarcF (the German Carcassonne Forum, http://www.carcassonne-forum.de). The initiative  was authorized by HiG and two garden designs were produced. You can find three examples of converted tiles to add gardens showing both C1 garden designs in this CarcF post:

https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3446&start=15#p56926

* C2 gardens: The following symbol shows a garden present in several C2 tiles

You can check all the tiles in the following page related to The Abbot mini expansion.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:11:26 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Hi,

Thanks ! File updated to ver 2.3, I corrected everything you mentioned (hoping I didn't forget anything), but still have two questions for the Market of Leipzig, to be sure I place everything correctly. I attached the commented file to this post.

I always thought gardens and vineyards had the same function (probably because I have the base game and some expansions including Hills & sheeps from C1, and then got some other expansions from C2, adding a few gardens I thought were new design for vineyards. It should be correct now in ver 2.3.

Have a nice day !
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:45:03 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »
Hi there!

Here are my comments to V2.3. I haven't reviewed the full document but I've seen you introduced new changes unrelated to my previous comments. I'll try the check the full document when I have a chance. I included some comments on some new stuff that caught my eye.

Regarding Markets of Leipzig, I included a long annotation. In a nutshell, as per the interpretation of the German rules:

* The bonus for roads and fields are to be considered part of the feature scoring:
   - When you score a road, you get 1 additional point per tile in the feature, similar to an Inn or German Cathedral.
   - When you score a field you get a 2 points per shed or farmhouse, similar to Little Buildings.

* The bonus for cities and monasteries is not part of the feature scoring, it is a separate extra scoring:
   - You may score 0 points from a city and get this bonus. It is similar to the 3-point fairy bonus but, in this case, you get 3 points per coat of arms.
   - You may score a monastery without getting the bonus, and vice versa.

The rationale followed in the Reference Pages on WICA about Scoring During/After the game is derived from the rules and official clarifications. It considers three steps when scoring a feature such as cities or roads:

1. Compute basic points for feature based on the number of tiles and coats-of-arms alone. Inns and Cathedrals are applied last as they serve as an all-or-nothing modifier during final scoring. In this step you would consider as well German Cathedrals, Cathars for cities, Markets of Leipzig bonus for roads.
2. Apply Mage & Witch
3. Apply all additional extra scoring associated to features or figures, such as Little Buildings, German Castles, Bathhouses, Darmstadtium,....

There are other features or figures that may trigger an additional scoring when a city or road is completed:
* Watchtowers (scored before the feature)
* The 3-point Fairy bonus
* The Markets of Leipzig bonus for cities
* Ringmaster scoring
* Labyrinth scoring
* The GingerbreadMan in WE
They are applied independently as they may involve one or more players and even not affect the active player.

IMHO, this framework allows you to put together in a logical way how to compute the scoring of these features.

Let me know your thoughts

Enjoy!

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 12:44:23 AM »
Hi,

Thanks, file updated to ver 2.4. Your post also reminded me that I forgot advanced rules for the labyrinth, I added them.

Here's the file, with some comments. I corrected the Leipzig scoring, your understanding is logical when looking at the German rules. I'll probably add a house rule to keep Leipzig points apart from feature scoring, it seems easier to understand and more consistent as it brings a kind of unity between all of Leipzig's quarters.

Thanks for all your work for my French order of play, I really appreciate it.

Here's the annotated file with a few questions, some I got when playing a mega-Carcassonne yesterday and couldn't find a clear answer.

Have a nice day !
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:45:16 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »
Hi,

Thanks, file updated to ver 2.4. Your post also reminded me that I forgot advanced rules for the labyrinth, I added them.

Hi,

Ooops! I missed this one when reviewing the scoring for roads.

Here's the file, with some comments. I corrected the Leipzig scoring, your understanding is logical when looking at the German rules. I'll probably add a house rule to keep Leipzig points apart from feature scoring, it seems easier to understand and more consistent as it brings a kind of unity between all of Leipzig's quarters.

Thanks for all your work for my French order of play, I really appreciate it.

My pleasure! I really like to review rules and discuss different points of view. It's a great way to check if WICA covers everything and to validate the interactions between expansions are correct especially when some interpretations need to be made beyond existing rules and official clarifications. This is key to me in order to put together the reference pages (Order of Play, Scoring tables, etc.) as they summarize everything and it is not straight forward to fill in the gaps.

Here's the annotated file with a few questions, some I got when playing a mega-Carcassonne yesterday and couldn't find a clear answer.

Have a nice day !

More comments in response to yours in the file attached.

Cheers!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Order of play - Castle (expansion 8) completion

Started by tothederby

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2019, 06:14:42 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Order of Play: Decoupling Points Evaluation and Scoring

Started by Meepledrone

23 Replies
Last post January 22, 2021, 10:57:03 PM