Author Topic: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition  (Read 56942 times)

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2021, 07:09:38 AM »
Yeah, Translated to English from the 999games link: "The packaging gets a beautiful, completely new design and becomes completely language-free."

The image of the rule booklet on the Hans Im Gluck linked page shows German language, so unless they are trying to say it will contain instructions for multiple languages (i.e. Will not need each country's publisher to translate before going on sale in each country), it does seem to be suggesting no text on the box.  Apart from Title and Author as can already clearly be seen..

I do at some point want to get a second set of base tiles so this set may well be the way I do it.  Especially if it does contain 'Festival 20' or something new.
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2021, 11:08:01 AM »
Rules in multiple languages would be an overcost... and HiG would probably get in the way of local publishers...

I'm wondering if the box contains more extras beyond the the Base Game, The Abbot and The River? The 20th festival tile would be a must... But something more daring would be awesome.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2021, 11:50:28 AM »
Wooden meeples, currently nothing special, except "brown colored" rules and new box.

We will see ;-)
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2021, 12:51:07 PM »
Rules in multiple languages would be an overcost... and HiG would probably get in the way of local publishers...

I'm wondering if the box contains more extras beyond the the Base Game, The Abbot and The River? The 20th festival tile would be a must... But something more daring would be awesome.
Sad times for Carcassonne if finally they do it in this wayemoji code17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 02:05:26 PM »
Yeah, Translated to English from the 999games link: "The packaging gets a beautiful, completely new design and becomes completely language-free."

The image of the rule booklet on the Hans Im Gluck linked page shows German language, so unless they are trying to say it will contain instructions for multiple languages (i.e. Will not need each country's publisher to translate before going on sale in each country), it does seem to be suggesting no text on the box.  Apart from Title and Author as can already clearly be seen..

I do at some point want to get a second set of base tiles so this set may well be the way I do it.  Especially if it does contain 'Festival 20' or something new.

The rules aren't part of the packaging.

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2021, 03:22:08 PM »

Yeah that was part of my point. The other bit was speculation based on the likelihood of it being a poor translation..

Edit: That's probably still not very clear.  What I mean is I was agreeing with Fritz_Spinne that the wording appears to be referring to the box specifically and that the pictured instructions are clearly not 'language-free' or 'language independent' adding weight to that.   I was also speculating what 'language-free' or 'language independent' might possibly mean, if - as is often enough the case -  the original meaning of text was quite different to the web browser translation.

Ultimately I do think the wording is probably just implying that the box will have very little text on it but I cannot read the original Dutch. I only bothered speculating because either 'language-free' or 'language independent' are - in English anyway - odd ways to promote a game even if just talking about the box.  And while a clean looking back of the box may well be important to some, particularly on a special edition, having rules in more languages is possibly a slightly more important selling point ultimately.

PM
 :violet-meeple:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:25:50 PM by PurpleMeeple »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »
I compared the readable texts in the rules shown in the third picture with the German rules of the Base Game from 2014. They are the same word by word, also the page distribution and the layout of the images. HiG just updated the formatting style for example for the headlines and framed boxes.

Let's see if we get more pictures to see if it is more than a C2 base game in a box.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2021, 11:54:04 PM »
Language independent box is fairly easily accomplished.
Like with the wooden box for The City, just only have the title Carcassonne on it, and you're done.
Maybe a paper wrapper like the City had, but you can even leave that out.
(Just like how the €600+ euro Collectors edition is language independent)

With the rules shown being the normal base game rules, my hopes would be to have something more in there than just a nice box and new font for the headers...
But we all know we'll end up buying it anyway  ;)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 11:55:23 PM »

:D

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2021, 12:26:41 AM »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2021, 12:34:02 AM »

Yeah that was part of my point. The other bit was speculation based on the likelihood of it being a poor translation..

I don't think I was very clear that I was merely agreeing with you. Didn't want to sound like one of "those internet guys"! Apologies if my message wasn't taken as intended ;)

Very true. Despite having our hopes crushed with each "new and exclusive" edition of the game in terms of what isn't included, our disappointment is never enough to stop us from buying them!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:23:19 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 01:27:33 AM »
I wonder if there will be any writing on the back of the box  :o. Will that be language independent too.

Also if the packaging is language independent, how will they put my address label to ship it too me.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 03:00:11 AM »
Appart to 10th Anniversarry edition with Festival 10 mini expansion, which was available later as mini expansion...
Appart to Japanese buildings included in Carcassonne J version, which was available later as mini expansion...
Appart to Gingerbread included in Winter Edition Engish version, which was available as mini expansion...

I think, if there will be something special, it will be than available as mini expansion (if it will be mini expansion).

Appart to Big Box 2017 included Mini 1-7 in C2, which are still not available without big box...
Appart to Wheel of Fortune Carcassonne editional, which was published long time ago, which special tiles were not availalble separatelly...
Appart to Winter River which will not be available as mini expansion, due to last Winter edition was published 2012, so for HiG is better to sell New reedition with Winter River like publish separately River as mini...

I'm not sure, if possible exclusive content in 20th Anniversary edition will be available also as mini expansion or other separated product.

Anyway, if there will be Festival 20 with same titles as Festival 15 only with changed logo, it's not enough. Festival 15 is anyway still available on cundco.de and bgg and other eshops selling mini expansions.

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 04:25:18 AM »
The details, albeit still scarce, that unveil about the Anniversary Edition, come to me with a dissapointment. It seems likely now that the big box will probably contain C2 basic game plus ... Anniversary 20? We may still exercise our fantasy but it seems to me now quite likely. Fancy language-independent edition does not thrill me at all - we are a very international bunch here but I guess that geographically specific editions are a concern to few. So not a great benefit to make an "international" box, albeit it looks "classy".
Depending on the extra content, I may be reluctant to buy this edition. I did not hesitate to buy the 1Oth anniversary editon that was released also in the Czech Republic for the sake of the beautiful box, attractive meeples and the Festival mini but already at that time, while I could justify this purchase to myself perfectly, it was much less obvious to my girlfriend who is absolutely not a collector mind. To gain a third basic game set would seem a nonsence now.
A fool I may be, I still hope that this will not be the whole thing and HiG will in the end commemorate such an important milestone as 20 years with something magnificent. The plural in the heading of the Anniversary products on their webpage still gives hope that there will be more.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »
Well.
I checked rules for 10th anniversary edition.
In part with rules was used standard wooden meeples, but in game was transparent meeples.

Maybe this game will have extra meeples, maybe frozen meeples included whole 19 meeple set?

This would be nice ;-)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne 20th Anniversary Edition featured in Spielbox 2021/4

Started by Meepledrone

18 Replies
Last post September 01, 2021, 02:40:48 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
20th Anniversary edition speculation #2

Started by gabrielgeek

31 Replies
Last post April 20, 2021, 03:32:33 AM