Author Topic: Cooperation between HIG+ZMG, CarcC+CarcF  (Read 45716 times)

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
Re: Cooperation between HIG+ZMG, CarcC+CarcF
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 04:02:33 AM »
This is great! Congratulations to JPutt927 and everyone involved in getting this up on the HiG website.

I really like that there is an official English translation of the rules. Would anyone be willing to provide this for the other two fan expansions on the HiG site (City Gates and Easter Bunny)?

I think that the rules (at least of Easter Bunny) are slightly different from the versions of those expansions that are hosted here.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2016, 05:13:31 AM »
this fan expansion is really great!

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
I really really like city gates! My one question: why is a one-tile city worth 4? I would think it would be worth two.

In any case, great work. Might be the expansion that inspires me to try printing homemade tiles.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:54:35 AM by stalcupojoy »
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2016, 10:55:19 PM »
I really really like city walls! My one question: why is a one-tile city worth 4? I would think it would be worth two.

Yes I object to that too. In fact I object to the presence of a freebie tile altogether. In fact I think this fan expansion has too many tiles. We're intending to  just take two rows (8 tiles) and just use those.

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:22 AM »
I really really like city walls! My one question: why is a one-tile city worth 4? I would think it would be worth two.

Yes I object to that too. In fact I object to the presence of a freebie tile altogether. In fact I think this fan expansion has too many tiles. We're intending to  just take two rows (8 tiles) and just use those.

I think your speaking of City-Gates (Stadttore) fan-expansion. In fact 4 points for the littel city is a bit strange - if you don't like it just take 2 points. We simply forgot a pennant there.

I worked out the idea of an edge which could be laid to field or street and made some sample tiles. Then PresetM made detailed graphics with the copper covered gates and he decided to give 4 points for the small city - a pennant in it had been better for this reason.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:02:05 AM by Fritz_Spinne »

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2016, 01:33:00 AM »
mas9dj,
did you have printed the tiles directly on the blanc tiles from CundCo?

Haha, I'll take that as a compliment on them being well crafted.

I used blank tiles indeed but sadly I haven't found a way for printing directly onto them. These were made following the nice advices from Scott in his "How to print custom tiles" post and also from other users in this forum.

Being specific, I printed them on adhessive DIN-A4 paper sheets (apli Brand, 01215 reference number in case anyone is interested) with a laser printer, then it was just a matter of cutting the paper as precise as possible, for which I use a cutter/x-acto knife.

What I've learned so far from doing custom tiles is that printing 101% size is a nice way to go as it makes the printed tiles just a little bigger than a tile, just big enough so a little will be left outside of the tile which you can easily crop later on turning the tile around. This helps covering all possible white edges of the tile and also helps with the imprecissions you might have cutting the tiles (and the oversize is barely noticeable). In some fan expansions which have black borders it also helps keeping them out of the tile. I also followed carcking advice and used a fingernail clipper for the corners and pressed the borders in the perimeter for the finishing touches. Other than that, the best recipe is a lot of patience.

Of course not all tiles have come perfectly and you can see some slight imprecissions on the picture with all the tiles: for example a tiny white line at the bottom of the bottom-right corner tile or in the tile diagonal to the one on the top-right corner. I'd love they'd all be perfect and flawless but I think this is just good enough and it's as good as I can get it to be.

mas9dj, did you spray/coat the tiles with anything, or is it just the plain paper on top?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Differences in style between C2 and C3

Started by BBG

3 Replies
Last post October 31, 2023, 06:17:46 AM
by Snearone
xx
transition tiles between winter and summer

Started by txema25

1 Replies
Last post March 25, 2024, 01:36:17 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
tile differences between old and new BCB

Started by aenima

32 Replies
Last post February 19, 2019, 09:57:11 AM
by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)
xx
What is the difference between 'followers' and 'meeples'?

Started by Windekind

7 Replies
Last post January 04, 2020, 11:51:16 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Tower - Rule book from ZMG has not included the update from BigBox1

Started by kettlefish

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2013, 07:05:25 AM
by obervet