Author Topic: Princess & Dragon League: Dragons  (Read 40246 times)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Princess & Dragon League: Dragons
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2016, 01:10:42 PM »
Nice one Merlin!  Unbeaten! !!!
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2016, 02:20:53 PM »
WOW Merlin!!!! 8 vs 8 Congratulation

your results are impressive, merit for you
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
Amazing achievement! Congratulations, Merlin. :(y)

I'll be available for a game later tonight. Around 10:45 pm CET, if somebody want to have a league game that late.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2016, 11:44:21 AM »
So turned out, I'll be here even earlier. Wanted to go to a movie, but it was booked out.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »
aenima vs. Hounk
129:159

Finally, a second win for me in this group. I was very lucky with the tiles, though. Considering, I trapped two of aenimas meeple very early on a 4p road and in a 6p city (my 7p monk, I placed really late through portal, when I was sure, I had enough meeples to spare for the end game), I feel, 30 points in the end isn't a lot. Fist volcano tile came very late in the game, but then aenima swept a lot of my farmers from the main 18p farm. I got very lucky to get at least one back, taking the risk to make the joining likely with a volcano tile. Luckily, I soon afterwards got a second volcano, to get the dragon away from my preciouse farmer. The second farm, worth 15p was tied at some time, too, but I luckily draw the two last dragon tiles, enabling me to feed aenimas farmer to the dragon and rescuing mine with the fairy. The outcome on this two farms finally won me the game.

Very well, though unluckily played, aenima!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2016, 02:11:53 AM »
danisthirty :blue-meeple: - 210 : 139 - :red-meeple: Rosco

Finally a win for me! Not much I can say about the game other than that I got off to a rocky start and didn't have the chance to place anything until my 3rd turns as I drew volcanoes on my first 2. Other than this, it was a bit like one of those stories where someone raises an orphaned Tiger cub and then releases it into the wild years later only to go back and visit it and discover that it still remembers him and they play together etc. In this case, the dragon mistook me for whoever raised it and was only too willing to do my evil bidding. Poor Rosco. Sorry mate.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:07:46 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2016, 05:40:01 AM »
I actually laughed out loud because of that description.
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2016, 03:16:36 PM »
I didn't laugh.  Believe me.  I owe Dan an apology for my bad language.   I was a little annoyed at my ineptitude.  I was playing a gamble based on the idea that there was a cloister with road left in the bag.   Therefore i played my while game matching dans farmers thinking i had a 50/50 chance of getting an extra one in.   Until 10 tiles before the end i noticed that all FFFR had already been laid and I had just not noticed it.   It was easily the most annoyed i have been playing carcassonne.   It was a flip the table moment.   Had it been a real life game, there would have been tiles,  meeples, and dragons everywhere.

Dan played well which caused further pain.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2016, 05:57:50 AM »
...I owe Dan an apology for my bad language...

So many words I'd never heard before! My poor, innocent ears... O:-)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »
I'm in chat now. Would love it, if I get my game with dan and/or quevy running tonight.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »
I'm in chat now. Would love it, if I get my game with dan and/or quevy running tonight.

Your wish is my command! O:-)

I was very wary going into this game as I don't have a great record against Hounk and I know just how creative/ dangerous he can be when it comes to getting farmers onto farms! Fortunately however, things seemed to go my way from the start and after being gifted a 4-point city and then a 14 point city (+3 for the fairy) I had gotten into quite a strong position which I managed to hold onto for most of the game.

I didn't put up much of a fight for a the farm at first but held onto a healthy supply of meeples and claimed safe points whenever I had the option. Hounk was playing a more dangerous game and presented me with several opportunities to trap him, but then drew the tiles he needed to escape whenever I was within striking distance. He did his fair share of trapping too though, and for a long time I was one meeple down when he trapped a thief of mine for 5 points. Eventually I was able to reclaim him with a little help from my fiery friend although Hounk worked very hard to stop me from doing this and ensured that several attempts ended just one tile short!

Things got interesting once I'd started to make a play for the farm. I didn't necessarily want it outright, but it was obvious that an equal share in it would be necessary if I wanted to stand any chance of winning the game. The first farmer I joined was my most vulnerable to dragon attack for the duration of the game but the tiles were on my side in this respect and I drew possibly all of the volcanoes which ensured I could keep him safe. My second farmer joined the farm within a few tiles of being placed which is always nice, and I almost managed to forget about joining my third but plopped him on with a cfff just as Hounk was beginning to run me out of options for him. The net result was that the farm ended up being tied, and two of Hounks subsequent attempts to win it outright were blocked (although one of them wasn't entirely blocked and could have made it onto the farm if Hounk had placed the crcr tile elsewhere).

With the end in sight and with two meeples in hand compared to Hounk's zero, things were definitely looking favourable for me despite Hounk's mega city that seemed to grow at an alarming rate despite being impossible to complete. I made an attempt to win the farm outright (which didn't work) and used my other meeple to claim whatever I could as and when I had the opportunity. Fortunately this was just enough to maintain a safe margin between us.

Thanks for the game Hounk, that was a tough one! :o :(y)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:09:52 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:55 AM »

You should have asked Dan to let you win! ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 04:22:40 AM »

You should have asked Dan to let you win! ;)

He doesn't normally have to, it just happens...

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »
Quevy, NY, I'll be online the whole evening and maybe until around 01h CET. If you're interested in our game.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
Here comes the x-score list - CarcC-A-Dragons 03 02 2016:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Must or may - The Princess (The Princess and The Dragon)

Started by Windekind

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Dragons' Meal plan - What can the Dragon eat?

Started by kettlefish

36 Replies
Last post December 02, 2020, 07:00:40 AM
by Kaleostro
exclamation
Expansion League #4: The Princess & The Dragon - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by danisthirty

159 Replies
Last post May 13, 2016, 12:18:39 PM
by Halfling
clip
Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9

Started by kettlefish

127 Replies
Last post May 09, 2016, 05:27:43 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Fairies