Author Topic: 2020 Basegame Knockout League  (Read 9705 times)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
2020 Basegame Knockout League
« on: April 21, 2020, 08:26:10 AM »
2020 Basegame Knockout League

After the almost finished Basegame League. There is a new concept in the race for an amazing league. Thanks to Halfling for proposing it: The Knockout League. Please read further and understand the concept before joining :)

Maybe, when this will be a thing that will work out great. There could be a serie of knockout leagues.

How does this league work?

As in the title this will be a knockout league. The players that win will survive and go on to the next round. Until there is one player left. He will win the league.

How do we play each other?

Matches will be played online using the latest version of JCloisterZone (currently 4.4.2)  or could be played on BGA (BoardGameArena, as some members here play there to and are premium). Both use the old version of Carcassonne and that means there is no abbot in play.

Please ensure you have downloaded this and can run it on your chosen device well in advance of the start of the competition. Technical advice, general guidance and practice opponents can all be found on the Forum or Carcassonne Central Slack channel (see link at the bottom of this post). Or by posting here of course, but it's recommended and helpful to be available on Slack if possible.

How are games / matches arranged?

As this is a knockout league, no one would play against everyone. So that means, this will be a very short league compared to the ones before.

Code: [Select]
For example p1 and p2 play a match, p3 and p4 play a match. p1 wins and p4 wins, they continue in the knockout league and will be matched against each other.

For matching the players I am going to draw straws (with names). There is not a start player specified, as there is only one match between two players. So the game start will be at random.

May it be that in an odd change there will be a draw, there should be a rematch between the two players. In this case the player that was second in the first game, is now required to start! (note, this is not possible on BGA. Thus you could try to start the game multiple times again in there or play it through JCZ). Please post both games in this case!

Posting Scores

It has become a Carcassonne Central tradition that the victorious player will usually post screenshots of the final scores and end-game landscape back to the forums, along with a short writeup of the game(s). However, it doesn't really matter who posts what as long as the final scores breakdown from the game is posted. So please ensure that either you or your opponent will take responsibility for this once your match has been completed.

Anything else?

- JCloisterZone (external link): Downloading this is a good place to start if you haven't already downloaded it.

- JCloisterZone FAQ: Carcassonne Central hosts the official JCloisterZone FAQ, a guide for people taking part in CarcC tournaments. If you have any questions or difficulties related to starting an internet-based game through JCloisterZone you might find the answer here.

- Slack: "Boardgaming chat/ banter/ tomfoolery/ nonsense with intelligent, fun people" might sound like the sort of thing you'd have to call a premium-rate phone number for. But not anymore! Slack is a great way of connecting with others, and is very handy for chatting in person rather than via emails/ private message to arrange mutually convenient times to play matches.

- The Unwritten Rules: This is recommended reading for anyone taking part in any of CarcC's online tournaments. Most of it boils down to courtesy and common sense, but it's written down because sometimes common sense isn't as common as we'd like it to be...

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4609.0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:05:57 AM by Sinscerly »
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Basegame Knockout League
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:26:30 AM »
Participants for the 2020 Knockout League:

• Sinscerly
  • Chooselife
  • Halfling
  • Danisthirty
  • Thodekey
  • DrMeeple
  • Uhome
  • Clay

Matches:

* Round 1:
                  Click here for Round 1

* Round 2:
                  Click here for Round 2

* Round 3:
                  *This hasn't been unlocked*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 01:07:02 PM by Sinscerly »

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:55:52 AM »
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:09:24 AM »
What a great idea, I am in.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »
Thanks Sinscerly. This sounds like fun. Please count me in. :(y)

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 06:27:17 AM »
Count me in as well!

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 03:14:55 AM »
I'm hoping for at least 3 more players to start :)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
I want to participate. What should I do??
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »
I want to participate. What should I do??

Well it's quite simple. In the first instance you need to play one game against another (i will draw straws). If you win, you need to play another game.
With 8 players, maximum plays is 3
With 16 players, maximum plays is 4

The match can be played on JCloisterZone or any platform that plays basegame according international ruled. (for example BoardGameArena). To play a game with JCZ, Meepledrone did  a guid how to setup if Im correctly. But it is quite simple, just download the latest version from Jcloisterzone.com run the jar file and go to connect to online. Use a username preferable the one you use here to. Then you could make a lobby or join one and play a match, after you won or loose take a screenshot for proof and post it :)

If the league starts I will communicate who needs to play against who. If playing with 8, there will be 4 left and I will draw again, 2 win and will play against each other.

The league will start in about a week of two if we have enough participants. Then you would have some time to play your match. I would like to have the matches be done within 2 weeks each. As it is only 1 basegame play (15-25min max play time).

The league is meant to create a bit of competition back on the forum. To have some fun, only thing left to do is to join the fight  8)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 08:05:59 AM »
Nice! Then I will participate. Notify me any change or when it starts.  :)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 09:01:44 AM »
Nice! Then I will participate. Notify me any change or when it starts.  :)
Awesome! Yes, I will notify everyone that is participating privatly when we start and who they have to play. But will also put it open in a thread here.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 10:52:56 AM »
Thank you!  ;)

Offline Uhome

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 04:49:02 AM »
I am in!!

As I am non-premium in BGA, if I am arranged to play against another non-premium (or not account in BGA), we may have to play in JCloisterZone.

Since I am new to tournament in CarcC and JCloisterZone, may someone kindly practice with me on JCloisterZone this weekend?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 05:05:59 AM »
I am in!!

As I am non-premium in BGA, if I am arranged to play against another non-premium (or not account in BGA), we may have to play in JCloisterZone.

Since I am new to tournament in CarcC and JCloisterZone, may someone kindly practice with me on JCloisterZone this weekend?

Great! I should be available for a few practice games on Saturday or Sunday evenings. What timezone are you in at the moment?

Offline Uhome

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 05:23:35 AM »
I am in!!

Great! I should be available for a few practice games on Saturday or Sunday evenings. What timezone are you in at the moment?

Thanks for your offer. I am in GMT+8 at the moment. So won't be available if you are talking about evenings in UK.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2020 Basegame Knockout League - Round 2

Started by Sinscerly

11 Replies
Last post May 22, 2020, 07:47:07 AM
by Uhome
xx
2020 Basegame Knockout League - Round 3 - FINAL

Started by Sinscerly

10 Replies
Last post May 23, 2020, 11:28:13 AM