Author Topic: Coconuts  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Coconuts
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »
Now, that is a childs game for age 6 up, but it might be interesting for all the fans of the Catapult expansion as well. No, to be honest, I thought about posting this, because there are quite a few people with kids in pre-Carcassonne age in this forum, which might be interested. I bought the game for the son of a friend for his 6th birthday, after I saw, it's ranked 2nd on BGG in category "Children's Game", while first place goes to "Loopin' Louie", which looked to be for an even younger age, has complains on the internet, to get broken quite quickly, and is maybe pushed by the fact, that it's featured in a comic book by Alan Moore, and therefore "kult classic" to it's higher rank.

So "Coconuts" (or "Coconuts Crazy", like it's called in German), was my pick, and it seemed to be a good one. I played a few games myself with the boy and his mother, and she told me, the game hit the table since quite often. It's a dexterity game, and the child got very good in it, actually wins most of the games, without the mother having to "force it". I think, that's always good on a game for children, when they can compete with adults in a true way. And it is quite a funny game, which adults can enjoy quite, too.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1803.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter