Author Topic: Klask  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Klask
« on: October 09, 2017, 05:35:19 AM »
Klask is a game, I played a few times on a public game weekend and instantly bought my own copy. It is a dexterity game in the vain of Table Football or Air Hockey, but with a smaller foot print (though it will still take much more space on your shelf then most other games) and more fun, too!

Each player gets a magnetic pawn to place on a board and a corresponding piece, to move the pawn from under the board. You can only move on your half of the board, because of a wall between the two halves of the field below. Main goal is to get a marble into a round pit, functional the opponents goal. But there are also three tiny magnets on the field, and if you manage to connect two of them on the other players pawn (by aiming the ball on it or him collecting them accidental, you also score a point. Additional possibilities to score are, that the opponent might sink his pawn into his goal or looses control over it, if he launches it across the board to your side, where he can't pick it up again with his piece below.

I must say, this game is a sheer fun as a starter for any game evening. Yes, it plays strictly 2, but a match (to 6 points) is always fast and normally fun to watch, too. So you can consider it in larger groups, too.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3575.0

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Klask
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »
How have I not written this up myself!

Dan and I enjoyed playing KLASK at Essen '16.  We were like giggling school children for 5-minutes.  We enjoyed it so much we went back later.  I subsequently ordered a set online to be home before I arrived.

It's silly-serious, lighthearted fun.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
I saw Klask in a branch of John Lewis in the UK. As department stores go, JL is better than most in terms of stuff that might interest casual boardgamers but I was still very surprised to see this here. I pointed it out to Mrs Danisthirty and told her how much fun Decar and I had had playing it in Essen. She must have been impressed as she was happy for us to buy it for Christmas even though it was selling for £50! :) :(y)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:28 AM »
Mental Note - Register Klaskassonnecentral.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter