Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1167335 times)

Offline Carcassonne0123

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • :)
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #2715 on: October 29, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »
Just received mine too, looks great along with German Cathedrals and a few other goodies ;D

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: November 05, 2020, 01:13:39 PM »
My 2020 Spiele gets its first play together with base, start tile and Inns & Cathedrals.

https://imgur.com/a/bNJFjne
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:22:18 PM by cicerunner »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #2717 on: November 05, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »
Ah, I see, again different green ;-(
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: November 05, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »
My 2020 Spiele gets its first play together with base, start tile and Inns & Cathedrals.

https://imgur.com/a/bNJFjne
The Spiel tile belongs in a bigger city. That city could only fit about 1,000 attendees by the looks of it ;)

Offline MeepleFriend

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • You haven't updated your profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: November 05, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »
1000 pre-Covid, or 1000 these days?  ;)

I’m sure your Spiele tile will land in a 6+ tile city before you know it!!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #2720 on: November 12, 2020, 03:30:23 PM »
Received earlier than expected my package from Cundco. I was surprised that the maps weren't in a tub this time, but considering I had already decided to store the maps flat, this wasn't a major issue. I also had included in the parcel two copies of Halflings (I accidentally ordered a second but it's okay--I have a work copy of the Big Box and my coworkers will probably like this expansion more than any of the ones actually included in the box), a copy of German Cathedrals, and of course Spiel '20. I haven't missed one yet but may end up going bankrupt buying them going forward. I selfishly hope that after 2021's Spiel tile, that they don't release them anymore. More importantly, I don't want them to release any more maps. Six (or seven?) is more than enough and I feel the gimmick has kind of overstayed its welcome with the massive double-sized US map. Plus, shipping for them is extremely cost-prohibitive. I don't mind them re-releasing old expansions in new art or entirely new expansions, but I do like them to be reasonable in size and relevance. I feel that both the Spiel tiles, which are a blatant marketing tool, and the Maps, which are also primarily marketing and also a gimmick copied from Catan and other game companies, have run their course.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: November 12, 2020, 04:23:51 PM »
I'm glad to hear you received your order without any issues.  :(y) :(y)

What if HiG decide to continue this Map generation spree and give a chance to all the countries with local publishers of the game? Too many to count?  >:D

EDIT: Typos  :o
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:37:45 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #2722 on: November 12, 2020, 09:01:31 PM »
I'm glad to here you received your order without any issues.  :(y) :(y)

What if HiG decides to continue this Map generation spree and gives a chance to all the countries with local publishers of the game? Too many to count?  >:D
Don’t make me cry. But honestly, most countries are cheaper to ship from than Germany, so it would probably be an improvement.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #2723 on: November 12, 2020, 09:56:46 PM »
I'm glad to here you received your order without any issues.  :(y) :(y)

What if HiG decides to continue this Map generation spree and gives a chance to all the countries with local publishers of the game? Too many to count?  >:D

I'd be glad to see a Swiss map, with chip rules involving banks, chocolate, cheese or watches  ;D

I got my package two weeks ago (luckily Switzerland's neighboring Germany, I took only 4 days to arrive) with US maps (I like the possibility to join them to make bigger games), map chips, cathedrals, and the Spiel 2020 tile.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: November 12, 2020, 10:08:07 PM »
Received earlier than expected my package from Cundco. I was surprised that the maps weren't in a tub this time, but considering I had already decided to store the maps flat, this wasn't a major issue. I also had included in the parcel two copies of Halflings (I accidentally ordered a second but it's okay--I have a work copy of the Big Box and my coworkers will probably like this expansion more than any of the ones actually included in the box), a copy of German Cathedrals, and of course Spiel '20. I haven't missed one yet but may end up going bankrupt buying them going forward. I selfishly hope that after 2021's Spiel tile, that they don't release them anymore. More importantly, I don't want them to release any more maps. Six (or seven?) is more than enough and I feel the gimmick has kind of overstayed its welcome with the massive double-sized US map. Plus, shipping for them is extremely cost-prohibitive. I don't mind them re-releasing old expansions in new art or entirely new expansions, but I do like them to be reasonable in size and relevance. I feel that both the Spiel tiles, which are a blatant marketing tool, and the Maps, which are also primarily marketing and also a gimmick copied from Catan and other game companies, have run their course.

Actually, I love the spiel tiles and hope they'll continue to make new ones, they're beautiful.

But I'd also wouldn't like to see many new maps. I like to have a few ones as they change the way you play Carcassonne, but I think there's enough now (just a Swiss map's missing  ;D ). Unless they find a way to make a new map that's really different than the others (like the US that had the possibility to be mixed together, for me that was a plus and the reason why I bought them, but I didn't buy any other map yet (playing on a self printed UK map)).

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2725 on: November 12, 2020, 11:25:15 PM »
Just imagine putting all the maps together to make an enormous Mega World Map Carcassonne Game  ;D

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: November 13, 2020, 12:42:39 AM »
Just imagine putting all the maps together to make an enormous Mega World Map Carcassonne Game  ;D

That would be awesome  ;D ;D ;D
And applying map chip rules of the map on which you placed a tile  :o

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: November 13, 2020, 12:50:56 AM »
Quote from: whaleyland
Six (or seven?) is more than enough and I feel the gimmick has kind of overstayed its welcome.
I know we all love Carcassonne but it did make me laugh to see the maps singled out for this criticism! :)

Quote from: Meepledrone
I'm glad to [hear] you received your order without any issues.
Are issues a common thing generally?
I've placed three orders total with cundco.de and the last two have both had issues.
First I received C1 art score tiles instead of C2. Most recently a copy of Watchtowers was missing. In both cases they sent me the correct items but of course they had to pay shipping again. If my experience is typical this seems to be a very shaky business model!

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: November 13, 2020, 12:56:38 AM »
Are issues a common thing generally?

I placed about 10 orders at Cundco.de and had an issue only once, they swapped the color of a replacement meeple. They sent it free of charge then.

No other issue in my experience.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: November 13, 2020, 02:35:54 AM »
First I received C1 art score tiles instead of C2.

Did you order from the main item page (which shows the C1 art version of the scoring tiles) or from the individual tile replacement service? I'm surprised they don't include the C2 art score tiles as a separate item (unless they'd have to get them done as a special print job, or because they have large stocks remaining of the C1 art and want to clear them first). But I see that they include "Old version" after the subject, now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 02:54:41 AM by wolnic »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I Love the Landscape!