Author Topic: Russian Mini Expansion - Reprint of HIG !!!tbc!!!  (Read 8938 times)

Offline Mr Meeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne <3
    • View Profile
Russian Mini Expansion - Reprint of HIG !!!tbc!!!
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:29:49 AM »
Dear community,

as the Russian mini expansions are not that easy to get, but many fans and collectors are looking for them, I've contacted HIG. The good news is, that they are really thinking of a reprint and release via their shop. There is no information or confirmation if it will include Baba Yaga & Bogatyr as well as  Nightingale & Vodyanoy and when it might  be available. Hence this topic is tbc but I think it is a good starting point, because they are making their thoughts how to come up with a solution.

In the German forum I read a mail by hobbyworld.ru from 2016 and eventually they might release  the 2016 edition in 2018. But I don't have any proof if this is still valid  ???

I'm looking for the 2016 edition to complete my collection and at some point it drove me to desperation, but the info by HIG gives me confidence in this case. That's why I wanted to share it with you and by posting this hopefully I don'get in trouble with HIG C:-) ;)

Greets Chris  :red-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3287.0

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
Re: Russian Mini Expansion - Reprint of HIG !!!tbc!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:21:09 AM »
It shouldn't lead you into despair, different back = not compatible   C:-)

But that is just my opinion ...
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:41:51 AM »
It shouldn't lead you into despair, different back = not compatible   C:-)

Well played.  :(y)

Offline Mr Meeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:57:13 AM »
@totor Absolutely:) Think the wording was too strong, diggin means fun to me - whether it is CC or vinyl which is my second passion ;) And you are right, not  compatible -  but playable :)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 07:02:50 AM »
Yeeeeeeee  ;D

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:16:48 AM »
I hope they do a reprint!  That would be great! 

As for the backs, I don't care as we use a bag.  Some of the Isle of Skye tiles have different backs or are double sided and it doesn't make a difference as long as the bag is used.   

+ merit to Mr. Meeple
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:00:36 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 07:23:08 AM »
Thanks for investigating and then for sharing this news Mr Meeple.

+1 merit from me for your hard work :) :(y)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 09:22:39 AM »
Yes, +1 merit from me as well.

I am getting back into Carcassonne after some years away, and have missed a lot of good stuff. (My oh my, the heartache of the 2015 artwork change!) So I really appreciate all efforts to help older stuff become available again.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline AdamJBavier

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Maybe time to slow my orders...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
For people who print their tiles, you might like these two links below from the HobbyWorld.ru social media page at VK.com.  Click the more link at the bottom right and open the original file, right-click and save it to your computer.  A nice and big image of each of the tiles.  :(y)  You will have to rotate them to horizontal in a graphics application, apply a small amount of sharpening (counter softness added from unrotating).  Or just print onto your sticker paper the rotated image.  :D

Vodyanoy
https://vk.com/photo-49103934_432736722

Solovei Razboynik "Nightingale the robber"
https://vk.com/photo-49103934_432736730

Certainly, an official printing is preferred.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 04:21:29 PM »
They also have the other two in the same format...

Baba Yaga's Hut
https://vk.com/photo-49103934_432736727

The Choice of Bogatyr
https://vk.com/photo-49103934_432743209

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 07:59:05 AM »
Sorry, going to have to stop you there - the artwork on these tiles belongs to the Russian Publisher and Carcassonne Central does not have rights to distribute them.  No doubt you can share them another way.

Offline AdamJBavier

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
Sorry, going to have to stop you there - the artwork on these tiles belongs to the Russian Publisher and Carcassonne Central does not have rights to distribute them.  No doubt you can share them another way.

I assume it is not OK to share links to fan made edited tiles images of these official tiles that are all ready to print.  That is why I shared a official post that the Russian Publisher published online and on their own social media channel. 

I certainly don't want to ever take business away from the game companies that make my favorite board game.  I will never link to or upload digital image scans of official tiles.

Please HIG make a reprint of the Russian tiles.  I will purchase all 4 tiles, and future tiles as I like unique tiles in my game.  :(y)  :orange-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »
Linking to their social media seems ok with me.  As it's their domain.  As for sharing links of what's produced...it's very hard to police.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 10:05:18 AM »
A little confused here ... did I do something wrong? Your last sentence has me wondering whether "links of what's produced" means links to the images the Russian publisher produced, or links to other things that fans have made using the publisher's artwork. (I already know the latter is not allowed or even advisable; it's the former I'm uncertain about now.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:07:54 AM by Just a Bill »

Offline AdamJBavier

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:10 AM »
I see it as, do link to things that are creative and add to the fun of the Carcassonne in ways that the publisher has not done already.  Do link to fan expansions that are unique, have new artwork on the pieces, and or arrange the artwork in new never done by the publisher ways.

For example I would link to the cool fan expansions by Wolnic.  He is creating novel new mini expansions, with new tile artwork that adds to the base game.

For example I wouldn't want to link to a high resolution scan of that cool 4 way round-a-bout tile in Catapult.  Other than the Maze expansion it is the only tile that has all the roads connecting.  If someone really likes that tile and prints it they wouldn't buy the Catapult expansion.

I wouldn't link to an fan expansion called Super Highway that has a PDF booklet of rules with all the tile images in it.  To keep going with this example, Super Highway uses the base game, plus all the road only segments from expansions 2 to 20.  Then the rules booklet has high resolution scans of all the extra road tiles from the official expansions.  The scans are entirely not needed in the rulebook, since this fan expansion rules could be told in a paragraph.

Edit: I would link to a fan expansions of Dutch Canals, that adds river boat canals all over the tiles with nice bridge and tulip field artwork, but I would not link to a Dutch expansion where the city residents decided to celebrate the Kings birthday and painted all the roofs orange.  This second example would be essentially a copy of the original tiles.

+1 more vote for official russian mini expansions  O0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:42:50 AM by AdamJBavier, Reason: another example »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Reprint of Carcassonne: Gold Rush on its way

Started by flipshot

3 Replies
Last post December 06, 2017, 10:46:26 AM
by flipshot
xx
Traders & Builders Z-Man English Reprint

Started by InTheDark

2 Replies
Last post February 22, 2018, 01:08:50 PM
by InTheDark
xx
Which small expansions will never see a 2.0 reprint?

Started by flipshot

17 Replies
Last post July 12, 2020, 07:31:14 AM
by DIN0
clip
{Closed} [WTS] 2 Russian Promo tiles with the new Russian bag-counter

Started by Push

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 01:45:24 PM
by Push
xx
WTS: Russian Railroads Mini Expansion