Author Topic: The witch & the inquisitor - spinoff for the Castle  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Windekind

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • keep smiling
    • View Profile
The witch & the inquisitor - spinoff for the Castle
« on: September 28, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
In 1233, Pope Gregory IX decides that witches should be hunted and condemned by the Inquisition. However, people liked the witches in their town, they could buy fresh herbs and necessary natural remedies, which made people much less sick in their homes.

EXTRA PIECES
•   2 witches, one in brown and one in white.
•   2 inquisitors, one in brown and one in white.
•   Extra game board, where the way for the inquisitors leads to the witch's house and where the immolation stake is standing.

ADDITIONAL RULES
Preparation

Place witch house game board between city walls 13 & 26.
Each place your Inquisitor at the beginning of the path.
The witches are at 0 on the score wall.

1. Place a tile
The tiles are placed as in the base game.

2. Deploy a meeple
A meeple is placed as in the base game.
But if you place a meeple on the court where there is a market, you can move your own witch 1 point. The next time you extend the court with one more market, you add up all the markets and move the witch number of points further. Eg. If you place a tile with a court with a market on it. You put your meeple on the court. The court has already has 2 markets, you may move now your witch 3 points further. (2 existing markets + 1 more = 3 markets = points for the witch)

3. Score
If your house is completed, you will receive the number of points your house is worth, plus the extra points that your witch is on. The witch remains on the score wall after the count.

When you finish the tower, the opponent's Inquisitor moves forward one step on the path to the witch's house. You don't get any extra points from the witch.
Once the Inquisitor is on the witch's house. The opponent's witch is then placed on the immolation stake. The opponent can then no longer get any extra points from his witch.

Final Scoring
At the end of the game, the player with his burnt witch scores -5 points.
Each step that your Inquisitor has taken, you will receive an extra point.

Some concerns:
- The number of steps for the Inquisitor to the witch's house may be too many.
- The drawing is not that beautiful, but I can only work with 'paint'.

What do you think about this?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4804.0

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: The witch & the inquisitor - spinoff for the Castle
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:09 AM »
In 1233, Pope Gregory IX decides that witches should be hunted and condemned by the Inquisition. However, people liked the witches in their town, they could buy fresh herbs and necessary natural remedies, which made people much less sick in their homes.

EXTRA PIECES
•   2 witches, one in brown and one in white.
•   2 inquisitors, one in brown and one in white.
•   Extra game board, where the way for the inquisitors leads to the witch's house and where the immolation stake is standing.

ADDITIONAL RULES
Preparation

Place witch house game board between city walls 13 & 26.
Each place your Inquisitor at the beginning of the path.
The witches are at 0 on the score wall.

1. Place a tile
The tiles are placed as in the base game.

2. Deploy a meeple
A meeple is placed as in the base game.
But if you place a meeple on the court where there is a market, you can move your own witch 1 point. The next time you extend the court with one more market, you add up all the markets and move the witch number of points further. Eg. If you place a tile with a court with a market on it. You put your meeple on the court. The court has already has 2 markets, you may move now your witch 3 points further. (2 existing markets + 1 more = 3 markets = points for the witch)

3. Score
If your house is completed, you will receive the number of points your house is worth, plus the extra points that your witch is on. The witch remains on the score wall after the count.

When you finish the tower, the opponent's Inquisitor moves forward one step on the path to the witch's house. You don't get any extra points from the witch.
Once the Inquisitor is on the witch's house. The opponent's witch is then placed on the immolation stake. The opponent can then no longer get any extra points from his witch.

Final Scoring
At the end of the game, the player with his burnt witch scores -5 points.
Each step that your Inquisitor has taken, you will receive an extra point.

Some concerns:
- The number of steps for the Inquisitor to the witch's house may be too many.
- The drawing is not that beautiful, but I can only work with 'paint'.

What do you think about this?

Wow!! I love it! You are a nice expansion creator!!   :D Hope I can try it soon...
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Spinoff HeadtoHead #3 - The Castle vs Hunters and Gatherers

Started by Halfling

12 Replies
Last post May 28, 2016, 01:09:52 PM
by Halfling
xx
Spinoff headtohead QF#1 - Kids of Carcassonne vs The Castle

Started by Halfling

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2016, 08:01:32 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Castle scoring with a witch in that adjacent city question.

Started by Paul

1 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 09:59:09 PM
by Carcking
question
Wheel of Fortune & Mage & Witch: Element Match-Ups #4

Started by Whaleyland

3 Replies
Last post October 11, 2015, 12:41:07 PM
by Hounk
xx
To Castle Or Not To Castle?